British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

They have asked for people in the past before I'm sure they have ..

I think the guys do a cracking job and it seems to be going a bit for national now

Guest GiveusaB
4 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

They have asked for people in the past before I'm sure they have ..

I think the guys do a cracking job and it seems to be going a bit for national now

I agree.....they do brilliantly!

I was just thinking that it might be a great experience for a 'fan' to join in on the conversation.....

20 hours ago, guitar_art said:

The speedway Tavern returns tomorrow night (Thursday) at 8 til 9.

We will take a look at the season ahead, for all divisions, giving our opinions and predictions (which will of course be way of the mark as usuall!) Please join in with your own predictions.

We also have on the show as special guest 'Steve Williams' Speedway Physiotherapist who will answer any questions you may want to put forward.

We are also trying to get another guest on the show, just waiting for confirmation.

http://sports-radio.co.uk/

(Over to Webby to put on the various ways you can listen to the show.)

If you ever want fans of other clubs to come on, then I d Deffo be up for that at some point :)

• Like 1

Well it looks like the Brummies have failed to get the signing in time of the rider who'd set Dictionary Corner alight on Countdown, and who'd set Rachel Riley's pulse a-racing. (if rumours are to be believed)

Still, just a matter of time, by the sounds of it. Auditions will be given at P & P for (young?) hopefuls who can keep the #7 race suit warm, pending the arrival of the Scrabble Star, or even claim it as their own (assuming that they don't fall off too often, tearing holes in it).

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/news.php?extend.2584

Whats the point in our number 8 ???? Surely to step in at 7 also i doubt there's anyone unattached better than kyle on a 3.00 average obviously.

• Like 1

Well I see Team Photos are taken before the riders take to the track on P & P day, well that will be a waste of time now, 

Early learning curve for the new Birmingham promotion but not the first time that a team has been forced into a late change / P&P auditions for the final reserve berth. Scrabble Man may yet appear IF the paperwork can finally be sorted. 

Would guess a selection from Roberts, O'Keefe, Whitehead, Whitehouse, Naylor & Chattin to be in contention although Connor King would be a wise additional invite.

The options look so limited that Roberts probably is the best if he’s fully fit. Anyone who signs is going to struggle massively. 

Have I missed it but can someone please tell me the name of the mystery man-- 'Mr Scrabble'

11 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Have I missed it but can someone please tell me the name of the mystery man-- 'Mr Scrabble'

Rumour has it that Birmingham were trying to fiddle the Pole Eryk Borczuch into the NL, even though he's 100% Polish, 100% Polish parentage, and has experience of riding at a higher level in Poland and abroad

Whether it's true they're trying this or not I don't know, but if it is true the authorities must continue to block it.

What a kick in the teeth for Kyle Roberts and any other young British kids who may be being asked to stand in as Birmingha No.7 for just a short time until a Polish ringer can be fiddled into his place.

• Like 1

A Pole? That's a wind up surely?

31 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Rumour has it that Birmingham were trying to fiddle the Pole Eryk Borczuch into the NL, even though he's 100% Polish, 100% Polish parentage, and has experience of riding at a higher level in Poland and abroad

Whether it's true they're trying this or not I don't know, but if it is true the authorities must continue to block it.

What a kick in the teeth for Kyle Roberts and any other young British kids who may be being asked to stand in as Birmingha No.7 for just a short time until a Polish ringer can be fiddled into his place.

That can't be right, can it?

But then he has ridden in the MDL for Coventry in 2016 and I notice it said next to his name "awaiting British passport".

Kyle Roberts was in the same MDL squad

So his passport has probably now arrived and he is as British as the rest of us.

Edited by fubar

2 minutes ago, fubar said:

That can't be right, can it?

But then he has ridden in the MDL for Coventry in 2016 and I notice it said next to his name "awaiting British passport".

Kyle Roberts was in the same MDL squad

So his passport has probably now arrived and he is as British as the rest of us.

Yes, he rode illegally in the MDL and his points were deducted.

Just now, WalterPlinge said:

Is that right?

So do you reckon his passport has now arrived or is it still lost in the Christmas post?

Surely, Birmingham would realize that a move like that would be resented by many fans or are they trying to woo potential Polish punters through the turnstiles?

17 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Twice i believe over separate seasons.

13 minutes ago, fubar said:

Is that right?

So do you reckon his passport has now arrived or is it still lost in the Christmas post?

Surely, Birmingham would realize that a move like that would be resented by many fans or are they trying to woo potential Polish punters through the turnstiles?

I think the late announcement (had the paperwork been completed in time) is a sign that Birmingham knew it would be contentious at best. Ultimately if he can secure a British passport he can ride according to the rules however given the number of years he has not held one it doesn't appear to be quite so straight forward.