British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

He’s been in England several years now, so if he’s willing to become British and commit to British speedway then it’s a decent prospect being added to our ranks. The thing is, he can be ‘British’ to get a ride at Birmingham but then represent his home Polish nation internationally. Surely there should be some binding agreement like in other sports. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Rumour has it that Birmingham were trying to fiddle the Pole Eryk Borczuch into the NL, even though he's 100% Polish, 100% Polish parentage, and has experience of riding at a higher level in Poland and abroad

Whether it's true they're trying this or not I don't know, but if it is true the authorities must continue to block it.

What a kick in the teeth for Kyle Roberts and any other young British kids who may be being asked to stand in as Birmingha No.7 for just a short time until a Polish ringer can be fiddled into his place.

Thanks very much for your reply.

5 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Rumour has it that Birmingham were trying to fiddle the Pole Eryk Borczuch into the NL, even though he's 100% Polish, 100% Polish parentage, and has experience of riding at a higher level in Poland and abroad

Whether it's true they're trying this or not I don't know, but if it is true the authorities must continue to block it.

What a kick in the teeth for Kyle Roberts and any other young British kids who may be being asked to stand in as Birmingha No.7 for just a short time until a Polish ringer can be fiddled into his place.

This really does paint a very bad picture of the new Promoters,very much hope Main Man puts the clubs version on this forum, but surely there’s no way Birmingham would try and sign a Polish Rider    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure Mitchel Davy had to have lived here for 10 years before he could apply and it took nearly 2 years to get it now married to a Scots girl  which I think helped but I am pretty sure he did not come in on a 3ave in the NL 

11 hours ago, Islander15 said:

He’s been in England several years now, so if he’s willing to become British and commit to British speedway then it’s a decent prospect being added to our ranks. The thing is, he can be ‘British’ to get a ride at Birmingham but then represent his home Polish nation internationally. Surely there should be some binding agreement like in other sports. 

British passport + new to British speedway = 3.00 average. Its in the NL regulations.

As to a rider taking advantage of that, cue Nick Morris.

Since there is a chronic shortage of capable riders in UK ( and in fact World-wide), we should not try to stop ANY rider who has a

legitimate British Passport from riding in the "Training area" of the National League.  If he has lived in this country for many years,

and has no intention of returning to Poland, we should regard him as British.  That is the law of the land.  I do not see a problem.

Good Luck to Birmingham if they sign him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Since there is a chronic shortage of capable riders in UK ( and in fact World-wide), we should not try to stop ANY rider who has a

legitimate British Passport from riding in the "Training area" of the National League.  If he has lived in this country for many years,

and has no intention of returning to Poland, we should regard him as British.  That is the law of the land.  I do not see a problem.

Good Luck to Birmingham if they sign him.

From my understanding of the lad that's how I see it too. If he gets his passport then no problems. If he is British enough for the British government, then I can't see how a group of motorsport promoters can claim any different. 

Whilst not legally binding the bspa could get him to sign a document indicating his intention to represent GB.

21 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

And I bet if he was trying to get into YOUR team, you wouldn't be squealing about 'fiddling'. Borczuch has been living in this country for years, so if he has a British passport he is just as eligible for the NL as Mitch Davey, Adam Ellis, Jack Smith and the like.

So when did he first apply for a British passport?

If he has been living here for years then surely he is not only just getting round to banging his application in.

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

And I bet if he was trying to get into YOUR team, you wouldn't be squealing about 'fiddling'. Borczuch has been living in this country for years, so if he has a British passport he is just as eligible for the NL as Mitch Davey, Adam Ellis, Jack Smith and the like.

Well as I don't have a MY team, I think I can look at it from an unbiased point of view, and from the point of view as to what is best for BRITISH speedway.

You meanwhile are presumably a Brummies fan who can't look at it from an unbiased standpoint.

To say that Eryk Borczuch should be as eligible to ride in NDL as Jack Smith is laughable.    The NDL is there to develop British riders.   How can a Polish rider, born in Poland, to Polish parents and polish grandparents, deserve a place as much as a British rider, born in Britain, to Britsh parents and British grandparents?   Madness

32 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Well as I don't have a MY team, I think I can look at it from an unbiased point of view, and from the point of view as to what is best for BRITISH speedway.

You meanwhile are presumably a Brummies fan who can't look at it from an unbiased standpoint.

To say that Eryk Borczuch should be as eligible to ride in NDL as Jack Smith is laughable.    The NDL is there to develop British riders.   How can a Polish rider, born in Poland, to Polish parents and polish grandparents, deserve a place as much as a British rider, born in Britain, to Britsh parents and British grandparents?   Madness

Matt Marson is an Australian rider born in Australia.  

Under NL rules in force, he is permitted to start on a 3.00 average for Mildenhall. 

Apart from the fact that Marson has one British parent and this Polish lad apparently has none, I really don't see the difference yet I haven't seen anyone complaining about what the Fen Tigers have done. 

I am also unbiased and, to me, its simply a question of adhering to the specific letter of the law (or, more accurately, SCB Regulations). 

Guest GiveusaB
39 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

So does that mean any national rider that's already developed shouldn't be riding then ?

The National League and the development league are 2 separate leagues ?

It's about entertaining the public imo !

It happens in ALL sports !

It's the NL not a development league people need to move with the times and not be stuck in the past to be league's here to entertain us . The reason the sport is in such a mess is because it's run by old men stuck in the past and can't move with the times the sport has just stood still .

The points limit should be 42.5 so most teams don't have 2 useless 3 pointers who end up half a lap behind the opposition main body ...

Paul Bowen ,Ryan McDonald ,dicken to name a few have all got a ride yet bowtell hasn't Tom Perry nearly missed out and many others of far more ability . The difference between most reserves and the main body's is huge .

For example ryan McDonald is in he's 6th season of speedway and he's still on a 3.00 average you telling me that's best for British speedway us all having to watch him been tailed off for another year ???

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

So does that mean any national rider that's already developed shouldn't be riding then ?    What?  That question makes no sense

The National League and the development league are 2 separate leagues ?   Again, makes no sense.   In what way is the National Development League two separate leagues?

It's about entertaining the public imo !    There's lots of entertainment in the NDL.  (Some may argue more entertainment than the PL and CL).  And all without foreigners.

It happens in ALL sports !   No it doesn't.  

Edited by WalterPlinge

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

It's the NDL not a development league  -   What does the D stand for then?

Bowtell hasn't ,Tom Perry nearly missed out and many others of far more ability .    And many more will miss out if we start letting foreigners be fiddled into the NDL

Seems only Birmingham fans want Poles to be fiddled into the NDL.