British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Since there is a chronic shortage of capable riders in UK ( and in fact World-wide), we should not try to stop ANY rider who has a

legitimate British Passport from riding in the "Training area" of the National League.  If he has lived in this country for many years,

and has no intention of returning to Poland, we should regard him as British.  That is the law of the land.  I do not see a problem.

Good Luck to Birmingham if they sign him.

The only flaw in your argument is the said rider is one of the junior riders in the Lublin team behind Robert Lanbert, and has been with them on there winter training, It’s a complete cock up by the Birmingham Promoters, P&P this Wednesday, but let’s not forget they are new to the Promoting game and I’m sure they will learn by these mistakes 

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 8:35 AM, GiveusaB said:

Have you ever considered having a 'genuine' supporter of Birmingham Speedway on your show, instead of just 'special guests' ..........who are obviously important to the cause/club,

but I think it would be great to may be have a competition amongst the fans and the winner then has a stint on your program ?

Just a thought ?

We have had supporters on before and happy to do so again. How about you Give us a B?

As for a competition. You really need to stop reading my mind! Watch this space.

On 15/03/2018 at 9:27 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

They have asked for people in the past before I'm sure they have ..

I think the guys do a cracking job and it seems to be going a bit for national now

Thanks for that. We are Birmningham centric its true, but we are doing our best to broaden the appeal. When we started we had one mic and lots of enthusiasm and 11 listeners! Things are a bit better than that now and we regularly get 7000 listeners from around the world.

Talking of appeals. If anyone wants to get there phone out and record an interview with anyone from their respective clubs we are happy to put that out, time permitting.

• Like 1

Again to show the flaw in this Polish Rider riding for Birmingham in the NL, he is on a PMZ Licence, So let’s put this to bed once and for all, He never was or never will ride for Birmingham whilst they are in the NL, BUT if they ever move up a league that’s another matter 

I sort of agree, but as I and many others have said if the points limit had been what it should have been 42.5 you wouldn't have had a rider shortage. 

• Like 1

Whilst I am a Brummies supporter and would love my team to be winning everything in sight, I do not feel the idea of including Erik in the team is the right thing to do.

Once I had guessed who the intended rider was, I looked him up on the internet and got the impression, to all intents and purposes, he was a Polish rider. You just have to look at his Youtube channel to see where he seems to do the majority of his riding/training to see he is in reality a Polish junior. He definitely seems to have talent and I feel he would quickly make a mockery of a 3pt average. I also doubt whether long term Erik would genuinely renounce his Polish nationality given the support and sponsorship available in Poland for a talented rider.

It was my understanding the NL was set up with the intention of bringing on British talent to try and at least compete with countries like Poland, Denmark, Australia, etc. To now start providing league spaces to help with the training of Polish riders now seems a bit self-defeating. My fear is once one team is able to do this it sets a precedent which other teams will avail themselves of to try and stay competitive. I know there are many Aussie riders taking advantage of the NL, but they tend to be based here more permanently. However, if it was left to me they would not be able to ride in the NL at a 3pt level. In fact, if a foreign rider (without any qualifying British ancestry) wants to ride in the NL I would set a minimum starting average of 6pts.

I would ask David Mason and Laurence Rodgers to reconsider this idea and put the future of the sport at this level ahead of Birmingham speedway.  

59 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

You should find top young upcoming British riders like Eastbourne.

The first home of the "really British" Bradley Wilson-Dean eh? :D:D:D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

The first home of the "really British" Bradley Wilson-Dean eh? :D:D:D

That's why he had a 5pt starting average

8 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Seems only Birmingham fans want Poles to be fiddled into the NDL.   

The D doesnt exist anymore only in the minds of people unable to move with the times. 

If the points limit was correct at 42.5 like gazzac says we wouldn't need to do look at fudging a foreign rider in but with just 3.00 left the promotion know there is not a british rider left out there that is ready to be anywhere near competitive . 

The league is made up of stand alone teams now apart from b.vue and I  want to see good competitive racing not processions i don't even mind losing if it's been good close racing .

So the moral of the story is get your team put together early doors and spend some time and effort bringing local youngsters into the sport.

If you do these things then you probably won't have to attempt to bend the rules to get one over on the teams who believe in the rules as written and equally importantly have some idea of the spirit of the rules.

Do zobaczenia

:t:

And to throw another spanner into the works, with the weather being what it is, unless the track staff can perform a minor miracle, the prospects of P&P and the auditions for the #7 spot happening are likely to bite the icicle.

39 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

And to throw another spanner into the works, with the weather being what it is, unless the track staff can perform a minor miracle, the prospects of P&P and the auditions for the #7 spot happening are likely to bite the icicle.

So it'll probably come down to who turns up with the snazziest race suit and has a good grasp of foreign languages

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fubar said:

So the moral of the story is get your team put together early doors and spend some time and effort bringing local youngsters into the sport.

If you do these things then you probably won't have to attempt to bend the rules to get one over on the teams who believe in the rules as written and equally importantly have some idea of the spirit of the rules.

Do zobaczenia

:t:

What local riders ???  Chattin or Whitehouse ?? No where near the standard we've tried that again well tailed in there races