British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Plenty of time for JPB to make a comeback when he's ready!

One can only think that he hasn't got the sponsorship that he merits....in order for him to support a young family? 

His machinery came in to question on numerous occasions last season.....

Pretty sure he got a big signing on deal from Glasgow wonder if they will get it back 

• Haha 1

As an old fuddy duddy (see photo on left) I can remember the heady days when those pesky foreigners weren't allowed in the 2nd tier and we were that flush with British talent that Barry Briggs and co rode for Great Britain. But hey ho, that's another argument entirely. What I'm trying to say is the sport was a joke, even when it shouldn't have been.

Reading the posts on here is like watching people arguing over a relatives death bed. The sport is on it's knees in this country, the best thing to do is enjoy it while you can, if you can ignore the nonsense going on in the background that is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Plenty of time for JPB to make a comeback when he's ready!

One can only think that he hasn't got the sponsorship that he merits....in order for him to support a young family? 

His machinery came in to question on numerous occasions last season.....

Likewise me too. Very naturally gifted. However commitment and dedication appear to be 2 vital components he struggles with (including last season's quick fire reaction to wanting out of the Championship). 

I wish the lad well whatever he does however he is never to go progress further than he is without applying himself better to his chosen profession.

Not read any comments as to why tho so just hope I'm not being harsh on the lad. 

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Likewise me too. Very naturally gifted. However commitment and dedication appear to be 2 vital components he struggles with (including last season's quick fire reaction to wanting out of the Championship). 

I wish the lad well whatever he does however he is never to go progress further than he is without applying himself better to his chosen profession.

Not read any comments as to why tho so just hope I'm not being harsh on the lad. 

He's starting a family with his gf etc.... (according to other forum?)

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

He's starting a family with his gf etc.... (according to other forum?)

That's true,  though he has to earn a living to help pay the bills??

Guest GiveusaB

Press and practice day today !

Looking forward to seeing Leon Flint do a few laps !

JPB - dont bite the hand that feeds you. 

Moving on be very interesting to see just how close Flint is to the heat leaders & how the number 7 trials work out?

Guest GiveusaB
51 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

JPB - dont bite the hand that feeds you. 

Moving on be very interesting to see just how close Flint is to the heat leaders & how the number 7 trials work out?

Yes, will be very interesting!

Callum walker's a new face too, so I'll be comparing him with Cuppit's performances!

I have a feeling that Flint may well super-seed both of the above riders?

Edited by GiveusaB

The weather gods have smiled. I hope that track thaws out in time and that the riders have a safe pootle around the ol' oval.

The race suits that were in Lee Kilby's photo on Facebook look good.

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Yes, will be very interesting!

Callum walker's a new face too, so I'll be comparing him with Cuppit's performances!

I have a feeling that Flint may well super-seed both of the above riders?

Walker could be a very strong acquisition at home, seems to be excellent at some tracks and below average at others but if he finds some consistency......still looks the bargain of riders with established averages. Big year for Cupitt, can he kick on finally of tail off again?

Flint i think could hit Bickley levels or better? I think these are the two to watch out for over the years as they could go on to excel on the world stage,

Guest GiveusaB

Hope you're right S4S!

I think Cupitt will benefit from having Flint/Walker to compete against re: averages/pride etc.

He has the ability imo....it's just the 'application' that sometimes goes awol!

Here's hoping that Tom Bacon can learn to ride the outside on the 3rd/4th bend....'if he's reading' ? ;)

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Here's hoping that Tom Bacon can learn to ride the outside on the 3rd/4th bend....'if he's reading' ? ;)

Most unlikely ... any rider with any sense stays on the inside on the fourth bend - it tightens up, throwing the rider into the fence if he isn't careful.

Guest GiveusaB
3 hours ago, *JJ said:

Most unlikely ... any rider with any sense stays on the inside on the fourth bend - it tightens up, throwing the rider into the fence if he isn't careful.

What and settle for 2nd place???

May be Hume ,Davey and now Leon Flint, can advise him ? ;)

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Which potential number 7s have turned up then?

We wouldn't know unless you were fortunate enough to be in the pits? NO announcements at all in the first session ?

Flint and Hume looked sharp to me !

Great to see Flint having no fear whatsoever and using all the track !