British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Looks like his Mom and Dad will be making that decision : ) but the bottom line is....'he looks very promising' !

As for Arran Butcher? 

He looks the part and he appears to have some decent machinery, which is a great start.....and he's only 17......

As 'JJ' said....Roberts looked a tad overweight, but it was pointed out to me that he wears an 'air' suit, so may be 'JJ's' being a little harsh : )

The sad part about Butcher is i feel its becoming age over ability. He's 17, thats what all promoters want and he has decent machinery.....bonus. Time will tell when he goes into competitive action especially up against the other weaker reserves in the league at Stoke, Buxton & Belle Vue.

As for JJ probably shouldn't be throwing those stones around his glass house :wink: 

15 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The sad part about Butcher is i feel its becoming age over ability. He's 17, thats what all promoters want and he has decent machinery.....bonus. Time will tell when he goes into competitive action especially up against the other weaker reserves in the league at Stoke, Buxton & Belle Vue.

As for JJ probably shouldn't be throwing those stones around his glass house :wink: 

True but then again I am about 55 years older than the speedway rider!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I guess the decision for Gilkes is does he sign up full time for a team once his exams are over and risk getting an average or wait until next year when he can come in at the start on a 3.00? He could "do a Spooner" and remain unattached all season taking whatever bookings he fancies as nobody seems to be bothered on issuing averages to unattached riders.

I believe that it was voted on at the NL AGM that once a rider does 4 League Meetings he gets a average even if it’s for 4 different teams.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Argos said:

I believe that it was voted on at the NL AGM that once a rider does 4 League Meetings he gets a average even if it’s for 4 different teams.

Yeah 4 LEAGUE meetings. Gilkes will do 3 league and take his pick of offers for the NT final, KOC & POs to come back next year on a 3.00. 

Guest GiveusaB
29 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Yeah 4 LEAGUE meetings. Gilkes will do 3 league and take his pick of offers for the NT final, KOC & POs to come back next year on a 3.00. 

As long as he comes back : )

I'm keen to see how far he can go?

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Sounds like sound tactical planning to me.

I see the on the brummies Facebook page the race suit with the polish lads name had already been printed .

But the majority of people have there wish and I'm to endure 3 or 4 3 rider races now all season it's great watching riders trailing half a lap behind isn't it yep that's definitely whats best for British speedway  isn't it .... 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

I think it’s about the same as having a rider that shouldn’t be there leading the race by half a lap against his inexperienced opponents. 

I think your problem it you don’t like seeing a brummie half a lap behind but if it’s the opposition then tough. 

Time to move up a league and don’t the door hit you on your ass on the way out. 

This Butcher lad must have something about him if they chose him despite him not officially being one of the riders being looked at for the position.

2 hours ago, ouch said:

I think it’s about the same as having a rider that shouldn’t be there leading the race by half a lap against his inexperienced opponents. 

I think your problem it you don’t like seeing a brummie half a lap behind but if it’s the opposition then tough. 

Time to move up a league and don’t the door hit you on your ass on the way out. 

Not at all buddy i dream of a 46-44 either way good racing whatever the outcome is what I want if that was the case we would attract more newbies As well which is the most important thing the sport needs .

I don't get this brummies win at all costs i would be bottom of the league if it meant competitive racing that's all I want entertainment sod the league position.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

.. i would be bottom of the league if it meant competitive racing that's all I want entertainment sod the league position.

Can we quote you on this later in the season if the results aren't going the Brummies way? :D

Yes no problems at all obviously i would rather us win the 46-44 but all the best meetings since we joined the nl have been tight scorelines  

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Islander15 said:

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, uk_martin said:

Sounds like sound tactical planning to me.

Exactly what Drew Kemp did last year

Guest GiveusaB

All riders do it and it's well documented that it's been going on for years (sadly) !

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

All riders do it and it's well documented that it's been going on for years (sadly) !

I don't overly mind it during the season as it gives riders a run out and a chance to put themselves in the window for next year. It bugged me that they didn't achieve an average but that sounds like it will be monitored this year? 

There is still the moral question regarding unattached guests being used repeatedly in play offs / cup competitions as it could be argued that results are changed by who gets the services of certain riders first not to mention hard on the riders who have competed all season? But im fully aware that morals & speedway dont actually mix.