British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB
21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't overly mind it during the season as it gives riders a run out and a chance to put themselves in the window for next year. It bugged me that they didn't achieve an average but that sounds like it will be monitored this year? 

There is still the moral question regarding unattached guests being used repeatedly in play offs / cup competitions as it could be argued that results are changed by who gets the services of certain riders first not to mention hard on the riders who have competed all season? But im fully aware that morals & speedway dont actually mix.

Yes...it's a sad state of affairs at times !

47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't overly mind it during the season as it gives riders a run out and a chance to put themselves in the window for next year. It bugged me that they didn't achieve an average but that sounds like it will be monitored this year? 

There is still the moral question regarding unattached guests being used repeatedly in play offs / cup competitions as it could be argued that results are changed by who gets the services of certain riders first not to mention hard on the riders who have competed all season? But im fully aware that morals & speedway dont actually mix.

You're right, morals and speedway don't go hand in hand, and Eastbourne have certainly taken advantage over the last few seasons. Perhaps be better to let the new 15 year olds have say 5 meetings league, ko cup, nt , or playoffs without getting an average, but only allowed to ride for a club once in any of those competitions throughout the season. Would have less sway on end of season results but still putting themselves in the shop window for the following season. 

26 minutes ago, gazzac said:

You're right, morals and speedway don't go hand in hand, and Eastbourne have certainly taken advantage over the last few seasons. Perhaps be better to let the new 15 year olds have say 5 meetings league, ko cup, nt , or playoffs without getting an average, but only allowed to ride for a club once in any of those competitions throughout the season. Would have less sway on end of season results but still putting themselves in the shop window for the following season. 

In fairness there are very few teams in the league who haven't taken advantage one way or another over the past few seasons. Certainly like the idea of a rider being "cup tied" so that they can only represent one per competition......

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In fairness there are very few teams in the league who haven't taken advantage one way or another over the past few seasons. Certainly like the idea of a rider being "cup tied" so that they can only represent one per competition......

Like the nt this season...

The top league (whatever they are called this week) had a scheme to promote NL talent in an effort to develop home grown riders. Why can't the NL develop a similar proactive policy? How about any rider aged 15-17 can be guaranteed a #6 or #7 berth, regardless of their CMA? A similar principle (up to age 21) works well in Poland. It would certainly get over this average "massaging" nonsense.

Nice Personal Insult Thank You Im Guessing Your Another Gentleman Approching Hes 70s. 

Look at the sports that stopped restricting foreigners in the 90s there all thriving now get record deals year on year . Look at sports that still restrict foreigners or it's frowned on stuck where they were in the 90s if not gone backwards and in speedways case gone backwards massively. 

Now that's a fact either move with the times in every sense of just wait for the sport not to exist anymore in this country . Like I said before as with every sport i attend i don't give two hoots where the competitor comes from as long as I'm entertained .

You may disagree with me but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

A balance is what's needed.

The problem doesn't lie with lack of British talent and it doesn't lie with an influx of foreign riders ??

There's only one problem with British speedway and that's the 'draconian' dough-nuts that make the rules at the BSPA !

On a different topic, see David Mason giving praise to Arthur Browning amongst others on the track prep for the season. I used to watch moto cross in the late 60's and rode in the 70's,  and remember the motor cycle legend well. Great to see him still actively involved with the Brummies. Only probably one of two people ( the other being Sammy Miller) who was top notch at every decipline of motor bike sport. 

"BIG" Arthur Browning is, also, well remembered up in Scunthorpe for his exploits for the Saints down at Quibell Park riding on his "sausage" seat.

I have seen some accusations about a certain 2018 bulls rider on fb if true and we  retain him i shall not be staying to support the second halves im afraid but I did see a post from LR  that he was dealing with it ...

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I have seen some accusations about a certain 2018 bulls rider on fb if true and we  retain him i shall not be staying to support the second halves im afraid but I did see a post from LR  that he was dealing with it ...

what's the news ? I dont do facebook ?

4 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I believe he is not taking up his SDL place so unlikely to feature in the MDL too. Speedway is a family and ripping people off is poor form

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Yes it is true. He’s done it to me and others.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I believe he is not taking up his SDL place so unlikely to feature in the MDL too. Speedway is a family and ripping people off is poor form

Give us a clue as to who you mean.