British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

JPB has more potential than Davey, but davey had everything ironed out and ready to go not much in then difference wise here in NL but a big difference in them when it comes to progression in the sport, with greatest respect to Davey, jpb is just naturally better. 

Guest GiveusaB
8 hours ago, cradleyheath said:

Because one is a dedicated speedway rider and the other has yet to make his mind up.

41 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

JPB has more potential than Davey, but davey had everything ironed out and ready to go not much in then difference wise here in NL but a big difference in them when it comes to progression in the sport, with greatest respect to Davey, jpb is just naturally better. 

Right on both counts!

Not only is it great for B'ham speedway, but it's even better for British speedway.....JPB is such a natural talent on a bike!

Great to see the young lad back and Birmingham again have three terrific heat leaders.For me the main thing for Jack is not to put pressure on himself and start enjoying his racing again he has real talent and has years in front of him to make real progress technically style wise he has everything.

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great to see the young lad back and Birmingham again have three terrific heat leaders.For me the main thing for Jack is not to put pressure on himself and start enjoying his racing again he has real talent and has years in front of him to make real progress technically style wise he has everything.

So true.....I think Drury placed more pressure on him by making him Captain last season and trying to step up a division, knocked his confidence a little....

He doesn't need any extra responsibility? the only expression he needs to make is on the track......

He and Leon are going to have some healthy competition.

They are both natural racers and can ride all lines, inside/out!!

Exciting times ahead at Perry Barr!

Edited by GiveusaB

13 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

So true.....I think Drury placed more pressure on him by making him Captain last season and trying to step up a division, knocked his confidence a little....

He doesn't need any extra responsibility? the only expression he needs to make is on the track......

JPB is a good signing, especially now the problems in his family life are sorted.  Your team is now stronger for it, still a pity for Mitch though

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

How is Danyon Hume going B ? he seems to be getting there seems to be a real decent gater but is gutsy to and a real racer.Just hope he stays injury free as he is a raw talent who will learn as he goes along he certainly has  a future.

58 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How is Danyon Hume going B ? he seems to be getting there seems to be a real decent gater but is gutsy to and a real racer.Just hope he stays injury free as he is a raw talent who will learn as he goes along he certainly has  a future.

Maximum last time out, mind you only against Stoke, but he is doing extremely well at PB.

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

As JJ said he's looking every bit the part....I think he's having some decent performances with Ipswich too, which I hope will help me along the way.

You're so right with your 'analogy'....he's a real trier and a raw, gutsy, top, top racer!

We at B'ham are so lucky to have him in our team....he is without doubt the best 7 point average rider in the NL imo...... He has a great attitude too and a very bubbly character!

36 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

As JJ said he's looking every bit the part....I think he's having some decent performances with Ipswich too, which I hope will help me along the way.

You're so right with your 'analogy'....he's a real trier and a raw, gutsy, top, top racer!

We at B'ham are so lucky to have him in our team....he is without doubt the best 7 point average rider in the NL imo...... He has a great attitude too and a very bubbly character!

I have to disagree I’d say Wood / Brennan are better 7 pointers. 

3 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

How would those two do away from the big home advantage of Arlington though? Birmingham for me is a fairer track..Saying that i like both of those you named Wood had a good go at it at Sheffield and Brennan looks like he has a bright future.

Here's the announcement for anyone who hasn't seen it yet :-

FANS' favourite Jack Parkinson-Blackburn has sealed a shock return to Birmingham for the rest of the season.

The 17-year-old comes in for injured skipper Mitchell Davey who is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines with multiple injuries.

Despite initially signing for Glasgow and Coventry for the 2018 campaign, Parkinson-Blackburn stunned all when he announced he was taking a break from the sport on the eve of the new season.

But now the Yorkshire racer insists he's ready for action ahead of his return in Wednesday's Travel Plus National League opener with the Isle of Wight at Perry Barr (7.30).

Said Parkinson-Blackburn: "Don't get me wrong it's been a tough couple of months for me.

"I kind of expected to be back at Birmingham over the winter and when they told me I wasn't a part of their plans it did knock me back a bit.

"That mixed with the fact I'd got other stuff going on away from speedway meant my main focuses were away from racing.

"But I've sorted a lot of stuff out now and when Birmingham rang there was no way I could say no.

"It's like home away from home for me and I've got so many good memories with the club.

"I've won the league twice with them, I was their youngest ever captain last season and I just feel like I belong there.

"I've been keeping myself active on the bike and been doing plenty of practice and I can't wait to get going with them again."

Edwards Plumbing Brummies co-promoter David Mason said: "Laurence and I have assessed all options available to us.

"We know what Jack is capable of and we know how easily he'll fit back into the team.

"Obviously we had to have a long chat with him and make sure he was ready for it, but he gave off plenty of good vibes and he seemed genuinely excited to be asked back to Birmingham.

"I'm sure he'll want to prove to us that we should've included him in the first place and after he's blown away any cobwebs we can't wait for him to be a solid heat-leader in the National League for us again." 

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
40 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Like I say, it's just my opinion based on what I've seen this season?

I know Hume rode at Eastbourne at the weekend, but it was only a friendly? (I noticed he beat Brennan and lost out to Wood?)

I dont think Brennan/Wood will get near him at Perry Barr and the truth will be known at the end of the season when we compare averages (I guess) ?

It's all good for the future of British speedway.

Guest GiveusaB
34 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Here's the announcement for anyone who hasn't seen it yet :-

Makes the fixture vs Coventry on Sunday, a bit more spicy???

Too much pressure is put on young riders especially when they get signed by a Prem or Champ side purely to make up the numbers.

Sometimes riders like Bewley Lambert or Kemp come along who are clearly way beyond their years but riders like Jack Thomas and James Shanes should be enjoying their riding as a fun thing before partaking in the pressure leagues above.

Edited by GWC