British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Does anyone no if young Leon Flint is top of the averages at the first set of averages does he have to go to no 1?  I  can remember Tom Brennan doing it at Eastbourne is that rule still in place? the same will happen to young Kemp at Mildenhall.For me it is very important that both of those prospects are protected and aloud to progress slowly with no pressure.

Guest GiveusaB
49 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Does anyone no if young Leon Flint is top of the averages at the first set of averages does he have to go to no 1?  I  can remember Tom Brennan doing it at Eastbourne is that rule still in place? the same will happen to young Kemp at Mildenhall.For me it is very important that both of those prospects are protected and aloud to progress slowly with no pressure.

Good point.

Having checked the regs...it states that averages come in to effect 7 days after each rider has completed 4 League meetings Home/Away.

No dispensation for first season riders ?

Which means Leon will take his place in the team accordingly?

I think he can handle any situation, judging by his maturity....however, I totally agree with your point !

Edited by GiveusaB

29 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Good point.

Having checked the regs...it states that averages come in to effect 7 days after each rider has completed 4 League meetings Home/Away.

No dispensation for first season riders ?

Which means Leon will take his place in the team accordingly?

I think he can handle any situation, judging by his maturity....however, I totally agree with your point !

I forget is it four home AND four away or four meetings? If its the first then again Brum have been quite smart and won't complete their fourth away fixture for quite a while.

As for team positions im certain that its top average at number 1, no exceptions like in Brennans case. Although with Flint it will all be part of the learning experience and not long until he is at number 1 permanently.  

Edited by Sings4Speedway

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I forget is it four home AND four away or four meetings? If its the first then again Brum have been quite smart and won't complete their fourth away fixture for quite a while.

As for team positions im certain that its top average at number 1, no exceptions like in Brennans case. Although with Flint it will all be part of the learning experience and not long until he is at number 1 permanently.  

I think with a clear run Hume should be number 1 come the end of the season his away form doing that for him.Flint i have been told by a source who i respect bigtime said he  has excellent aquipment and has a fair bit of experience on the continent.I have followed his progress over the last few years and the main thing that comes across is what a polite and friendly lad he is having that and a good temprement is a massive plus.Was looking at the fixtures i will go to Belle Vue on the 22nd with a bit of luck an awesome track and to see Danyon, Leon, Jack around there should be terrific.

• Like 1

It happened with Zach Wajtknecht a couple of years ago.

Guest GiveusaB
35 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

4 meetings!

Your're right, our 4th meeting is away at BV. We have Eastbourne and BV at home before that one....and it will be end of June/July by then!

Leon will fly round BV !

I agree with Sid....Hume should end up as No.1, unless JPB can get his equipment in order!?

Both are brilliant talents and great to watch!

Edited by GiveusaB

28 minutes ago, *JJ said:

No it didn't fact this is just not true and completely made up ...

Another pack of lies by this person who thinks he knows everything yet knows absolutely nothing again ...

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

25 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

4 meetings!

Your're right, our 4th meeting is away at BV. We have Eastbourne and BV at home before that one....and it will be end of June/July by then!

Leon will fly round BV !

I agree with Sid....Hume should end up as No.1, unless JPB can get his equipment in order!?

I remember Hume did beat Bewley in heat 1 in 2016 since then injury has held him back.

Edited by Sidney the robin

31 minutes ago, *JJ said:

11 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

No it didn't fact this is just not true and completely made up ...

Yup Waj did have a super introduction year but wasn't going to top the averages with Adam Ellis in the side

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Yup Waj did have a super introduction year but wasn't going to top the averages with Adam Ellis in the side

Correct waj moved up to number 4 after moving out of reserve and remained there the the remainder of the season ...

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

4 meetings!

Leon will fly round BV !

If it happens that Leon goes to No1, no need to worry, he will relish it , loves a challenge.  As for Belle Vue, his 1st time on a 500 end of last season scored 3-3-3-3 then 2nd in the fina

Guest GiveusaB

Having spoke to him and watched his on track ability, plus his off track team support (for his peers) I also think he'll jump at the chance of being Top Dog!

He strikes me as a lad that just wants to be the best?

I can see Sid's point....but I think Leon is a different breed? He's 'special' !

27 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Having spoke to him and watched his on track ability, plus his off track team support (for his peers) I also think he'll jump at the chance of being Top Dog!

He strikes me as a lad that just wants to be the best?

I can see Sid's point....but I think Leon is a different breed? He's 'special' !

I did hear Kemp was very special the other week on the Island we can just hope Drew and Leon are part of a bright future fingers crossed eh!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Another offer this time for a family of 4 to Like and share on facebook get on the brummies Facebook page guys and share and Like away ... Hopefully we can get some more fans down PB Wednesday after what is been reported as a healthy attendance last Wednesday.... I for one will be making a attempt to bring 2 newbies with me ...