British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

42 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Since there is a chronic shortage of capable riders in UK ( and in fact World-wide), we should not try to stop ANY rider who has a

legitimate British Passport from riding in the "Training area" of the National League.  If he has lived in this country for many years,

and has no intention of returning to Poland, we should regard him as British.  That is the law of the land.  I do not see a problem.

Good Luck to Birmingham if they sign him.

Im not sure anybody has stopped anyone riding who has a "legitimate Bristish passport" and once it has been provided to the governing bodies im sure a licence will be granted.....the issue at the start of the season (and in seasons past) is that the passport resides in Laurence Rogers mythical glove box along with Flint Snr's approval to ride and a collection of hens teeth. 

• Haha 3

Guest GiveusaB
3 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Give us a B, a man or woman in the know..BSF members are now onto them

Please explain ???

Edited by GiveusaB

20 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

great idea great meeting rubbish format will confuse the kids and the newbies poor choice.

Can you explain your reason(s) for "rubbish format"?

Basically it is 3 pairs (1&2, 3&4, 5&6) riding against the opposition pairings giving 9 heats. Almost similar to how it is now! 

No 1&4, 2&5, 3&6 ride against their 2&5, 3&6, 1&4 respectively. These are the changes to our normal heats 2 & 8.

Heats 13 & 14 are nominated pairings not including your top 2 who are in heat 15.

Edited by IronScorpion

Guest GiveusaB

I think that's the end of our season...losing Danyon yet again !?

Hope the management don't waste any money in bringing Greenwood back ? (no disrespect intended....)

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Hope the management don't waste any money in bringing Greenwood back ? (no disrespect intended....)

Is it a definite break for Danyon? gutted for the lad a torrid season for him.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Guest GiveusaB
15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is it a definite break for Danyon? gutted for the lad a torrid season for him.

We were only saying last week Sid, that young Danyon would be better off playing the percentage game? He was in third place, with nobody around him and it was the last bend of the last lap ? poor lad ! he is a true-racer....which doesn't always pay off in this sport! It's hard to take the 'racer' out of an inexperienced/young upcoming rider !

Hopefully he'll learn...even if it's the hard way!?

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

We were only saying last week Sid, that young Danyon would be better off playing the percentage game? He was in third place, with nobody around him and it was the last bend of the last lap ? poor lad ! he is a true-racer....which doesn't always pay off in this sport! It's hard to take the 'racer' out of an inexperienced/young upcoming rider !

Hopefully he'll learn...even if it's the hard way!?

Yes Sam Ermolenko was one of the most out of control racers that i ever saw as a rookie look what he went on and did! Danyon will be fine maybe he  needs to change thing's in his racing easier said than done good luck to him in the future.

Edited by Sidney the robin

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Have to respectfully disagree. If there is someone better than Greenwood available, then by all means sign him. (Incidentally when is the cut off for making signings?) But Danyon is fourth in the averages which means only one of our top three (Leon Flint.) can take his ride with the rest being shared our between Walker and the reserves. I would suggest that Dan Greenwood would score higher than them. It would be unfair to expect him to score as high as Danyon. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place

But, to be honest, none of this is important. Danyon is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and I am devestated for him. Get well soon mate.

Edited by guitar_art
Missed a bit
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
18 minutes ago, guitar_art said:

Have to respectfully disagree. If there is someone better than Greenwood available, then by all means sign him. (Incidentally when is the cut off for making signings?) But Danyon is fourth in the averages which means only one of our top three (Leon Flint.) can take his ride with the rest being shared our between Walker and the reserves. I would suggest that Dan Greenwood would score higher than them. It would be unfair to expect him to score as high as Danyon. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place

But, to be honest, none of this is important. Danyon is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and I am devestated for him. Get well soon mate.

What do you disagree with ?  season over ? or re-signing Greenwood ? there is no way we will beat Mildenhall/Eastbourne/Kent over 2 legs without Danyon !

Hence why I said not to bother with Greenwood.....

Incidentally, I think the signing of riders has passed now ? I seem to recall reading a post relating to this (Jayne Moss....confirmed?)

Shame, as I was feeling very optimistic up until last night !?

just the worst thing to happen, the 3rd heatleader to get crocked with play offs looming, irreplacable

Dan Halsey? Has gone well around your place before and with facing Mildenhall again could be a good move?

• Like 1

The cut-off date for signings was the same for all three leagues - 12th August.

11 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The cut-off date for signings was the same for all three leagues - 12th August.

Surely that doesn't apply for injury replacements?, its madness if it does. Hume is out for the season now I would say, what benefit is it to anyone to deny the paying public the right to see a 7 man team.

31 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Surely that doesn't apply for injury replacements?, its madness if it does. Hume is out for the season now I would say, what benefit is it to anyone to deny the paying public the right to see a 7 man team.

Would be ridiculous if you're unable to replace an injured rider. It's not just a random change at the end of the day.

4 hours ago, Brummie Kev said:

4 hours ago, adz_mft said:

Would be ridiculous if you're unable to replace an injured rider. It's not just a random change at the end of the day.

Injury replacements are not allowed.