British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Well, I had a great time at the IL Challenege tonight so many thanks to all those who helped make it so: LaurenceRogers for a super friendly welcome in the pits, uk_martin for a great speedway chat throughout the meeting, and to kitten2502 for coming over to say hi as well! It was lovely to meet you guys, and meeting Richard Greer was a blast. And apologies if I met anyone else but didn't connect the face to your profile here!

I really enjoyed some very decent racing in the second half of the meeting, and Ben Barker was as fun to watch as you guys predicted. (I'm very pleased to have caught Ben's excellent 3rd-to-1st in heat 9 on camera.). Looking forward to my further visits at Perry Barr!

Edited by eM_Pe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, eM_Pe said:

Well, I had a great time at the IL Challenege tonight so many thanks to all those who helped make it so: LaurenceRogers for a super friendly welcome in the pits, uk_martin for a great speedway chat throughout the meeting, and to kitten2502 for coming over to say hi as well! It was lovely to meet you guys, and meeting Richard Greer was a blast. And apologies if I met anyone else but didn't connect the face to your profile here!

I really enjoyed some very decent racing in the second half of the meeting, and Ben Barker was as fun to watch as you guys predicted. (I'm very pleased to have caught Ben's excellent 3rd-to-1st in heat 9 on camera.). Looking forward to my further visits at Perry Barr!

So pleased you enjoyed your Perry Barr experience, and arrived early enough to take up Laurence's offer of a pit visit. It would have been really rude of me not to come & say hello. We are a friendly bunch (generally) so hope you've now adopted Birmingham as your UK team! Spread the word, we need a new generation through the doors, and you'll be very welcome.

Edited by kitten2502
  • Like 1

The new generation seem to be arriving - there were hordes of kids running around!

Just like I used to do 70 years ago ...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, *JJ said:

The new generation seem to be arriving - there were hordes of kids running around!

Just like I used to do 70 years ago ...

That's great to hear. Well done to the mason's.

Brummies running a meeting in 2 weeks time whatever the play off scenario any info anyone ? not sure another cghallenge meeting even at nl level will be well supported tbh 

54 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Brummies running a meeting in 2 weeks time whatever the play off scenario any info anyone ? not sure another cghallenge meeting even at nl level will be well supported tbh 

Got a feeling it will be a Cradley select ?

35 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Got a feeling it will be a Cradley select ?

yeah i agree but wont get the brummies fans overly excited will it our patched up team vs there select team we get beat by 20+

37 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

yeah i agree but wont get the brummies fans overly excited will it our patched up team vs there select team we get beat by 20+

Could be an individual, or 4 team tournament ?

I can only guess that they don't know themselves until the play-off situation is resolved ?

I certainly can't see it being a 7 man team event.....with our current depletion?

I'm really not sure there's any point holding a standard NL challenge match ? 

36 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

yeah why dont they just clarify what there intentions are 

Have you actually emailed the club to ask? I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you IF they have a plan B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

Have you actually emailed the club to ask? I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you IF they have a plan B.

No i have not in fairness they would be unlikely to tell me as they like to reveal all in a press release as opposed to just telling fans who email in. 

Wouldnt mind a home and away challenge against Wolves run to Premiership level:D but I doubt they will go for that. Probably an individual with all the top NL boys 

It would be great to see a Championship/National select team Birmingham V Cradley ie Ellis, Barker, Wajnecht, Shanes, and any rider who has recently ridden for Brum V Cradley select Worrall, Morris, Starke, Bowtell, Clegg, this would bring in a pretty big crowd, and be more of a guide as to how well the crowd might receive a higher level of racing in the second city, failing that a 4 team tournament along the same lines, but including Wolves & possibly Coventry im sure either would be an attractive meeting, and could be on home and away basis, or at the 3 venues.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 3

Or a champ level meeting as a  "toe in the water" test for moving up a league next year