British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

What's the point of B'ham completing their league fixtures at Mildenhall/Buxton ???

Who is actually going to go and watch these 'pointless' meetings???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

What's the point of B'ham completing their league fixtures at Mildenhall/Buxton ???

Still your cheerful self I see ... me for a start.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Bigger question might be who is going to ride in these meetings? Who would want to guest against the rampant Mildenhall and its no secret getting guests to go to Buxton isn't easy either. Is there a boundary for classification of an under strength side?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Hypocrite alert . 

It is mightily hard to get motivated when nothing you do will count towards anything it is  a friendly meeting but with less than half a team i wont be wasting my time or money and i doubt many people will be either both home and away fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Still criticising the poster and not the post...... I see ???

So, do you have an explanation as to what's the actual point to these meetings? apart from a very interesting and valid point about the possibility of riders being able to 'lower' their average?

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Will the points count towards the riders averages ?? if so get leon to ride 8 races and score 2 big fat zeros please...

Similar things have happened many times  before! Can't see any point in  running them after the cut off date. Sorry to bring up the old argument but just again shows the stupidity of not getting on with the league and  running properly through the summer. I suppose it can't be done, oh  forgot IOW found it could, and BV even with the dodgy Manchester weather, and Kent even with their curfew.   :rolleyes:

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

I mean the press release  from the about the reserves yesterday is surely a micky take about how well they have done but as normal the d list celeb cant keep his trap shut .  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Similar things have happened many times  before! Can't see any point in  running them after the cut off date. Sorry to bring up the old argument but just again shows the stupidity of not getting on with the league and  running properly through the summer. I suppose it can't be done, oh  forgot IOW found it could, and BV even with the dodgy Manchester weather, and Kent even with their curfew.   :rolleyes:

And Birmingham......with an injury list as long as your arm!

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

I see that you've got floods of support for attending these 'meaningless' meetings ??? :t:

What 'financial' benefit will it be to the club staging these fixtures ?

What's the point having a cut-off if you're still forced to run the fixture after the so called date ?

If a meaningless match is one that's considered to have no bearing on the league title, Buxton wouldn't race a match all year! Oh wait, their opponents would want to race! But seriously before play-offs teams raced to complete their fixtures even when they could no longer finish top, why should it be any different now!

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

• Confused 1

Its fairly simple why these matches have to be run. And its all mathematical. Teams and riders averages will be lop sided and potentially unfair if the same number of matches isn't run. Of course this doesn't stop averages being lop sided when a particular riders season is finished early due to injury or being sacked!

The simple truth is that clubs should finish before the cut off date and except in exceptional circumstances there is no excuse for not doing so. People have suggested that if a club does not complete a fixture then the points should go to the other club. I think this would be unfair particularly if a club got points at a club that they would, in normal circumstances, not have a hope of getting.

There are two paths that I can see that may be fairer. The most obvious one being if a club does not complete its fixtures then ALL fixtures at that club should be expunged from the final reckoning. This would be the fairest way but I don't think that people would like it. Particularly if at a club that all of a sudden goes for fourth to fifth place. Perhaps then the best way forward would be for the offending club to have points deducted. Although that wouldnt have troubled Buxton overmuch this year!

For gods sake get your flipping fixtures in!!!!!!

Didn't have the problem before the playoffs, champions top of the league,bring back the Gold Cup! :rolleyes:

Edited by gazzac

8 minutes ago, guitar_art said:

ts fairly simple why these matches have to be run. And its all mathematical. Teams and riders averages will be lop sided and potentially unfair if the same number of matches isn't run. Of course this doesn't stop averages being lop sided when a particular riders season is finished early due to injury or being sacked!

That just is not true for the reason you explained yourself