British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

12 hours ago, gazzac said:

Didn't have the problem before the playoffs, champions top of the league,bring back the Gold Cup! :rolleyes:

No thanks to the gold cup, whilst the play offs may not be the fairest way to decide the title, it does gives the club's a big payday and give the fans the big meetings to watch at the end of the season. 

It's not like (unlike many other criticisms) a phenomenon unique to speedway, with increasing numbers of sports using similar formats.

Some sports it works, others it donesnt. For example I have been completely turned off by British Superbikes since they introduced the showdown.

I think Play offs like Gp's instead of a one off world championships provide more positives to speedway compared to negatives, no matter how nostalgic any of us get.

• Like 1

nice to see the end of season bash is not been organised by that group of old boring stick in the muds that continue to hold the club back .

There moaning on the brummies forum because its not been held in a dead beat club in the middle of no where . The sooner we try build a new younger fan base the better hopefully these dinosaurs will have no input in a few years  particularly that buck bloke who thinks everything he says is law christ he could cure insomnia  

The final meeting on the 17th October is going to be a three team tournment between the Brummies, Wolves and Cradley. Cant wait!:D

44 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

The final meeting on the 17th October is going to be a three team tournment between the Brummies, Wolves and Cradley. Cant wait!:D

oh noooooooooooooooooo them big fat lard arse cradley women/men things will be back screaming 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

nice to see the end of season bash is not been organised by that group of old boring stick in the muds that continue to hold the club back .It was only ever organised by the supporters club because they were asked to do so by management. However if you were so fed up with that, every year the supporteres club asks for new people to come forward to organise things, I don't ever remember you putting your name forward. (Not that I know your name!) Be interesting to see if you take that offer up this year.

There moaning on the brummies forum because its not been held in a dead beat club in the middle of no where . One person had a little moan. It was all banter as far as I could see. The sooner we try build a new younger fan base the better hopefully these dinosaurs will have no input in a few years  particularly that buck bloke who thinks everything he says is law christ he could cure insomnia  While I agree that we need to build a younger fanbase, and the club has certainly put a great deal of effort into this with some success. You alienate the die hard fans at your peril. As for Mr Buck. Perhaps you don't know your history. Without the tireless work Brian (and others) put in there is a good chance the Brummies would not have been resurected.

Agree about trying to attract a 'new/younger' fan base....the new owners have done a remarkable job this season where that's concerned !!!

I don't know of any other team that invite the kids on to the centre green at the interval ? wished they'd of done it in my day : )

As for Brian Buck ??? He is an absolute legend....imo.....but we're all entitled to our opinion.

Shame they couldn't of made the end of season a four teamer and invited Coventry in to the fold ? it might have increased the attendance ?

It's going to be a 'cold' one : )

2 hours ago, guitar_art said:

Utter nonsense there  a closed shop old and clicky you just cant accept it that is all ..As for that boring  Buck guy if hes so great give him a seat in the grandstand and tell him its not the 60s anymore things need to move on.

29 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Utter nonsense there  a closed shop old and clicky you just cant accept it that is all ..As for that boring  Buck guy if hes so great give him a seat in the grandstand and tell him its not the 60s anymore things need to move on.

Have to agree about the 'clicky' comment : )

I'm banned (permanently) from the Brummies forum for posting my 'thoughts' ....I didn't use any foul/abusive language/words ???

It does seem that you are 'only' allowed to post positive comments on there.

I don't miss being able to post on there....if I did, I could easily set up a new used i.d etc.....but I'm not going to do that, as there's no point.......

The only 'posts' I miss reading are a user name 'Heardy' (very funny) and he intelligently knew how close to the knuckle to take it : )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Have to agree about the 'clicky' comment : )

I'm banned (permanently) from the Brummies forum for posting my 'thoughts' ....I didn't use any foul/abusive language/words ???

It does seem that you are 'only' allowed to post positive comments on there.

I don't miss being able to post on there....if I did, I could easily set up a new used i.d etc.....but I'm not going to do that, as there's no point.......

The only 'posts' I miss reading are a user name 'Heardy' (very funny) and he intelligently knew how close to the knuckle to take it : )

Its utter rubbish people just start a new thread every other day of a rider from the 50s and say guess who . Another Demonstration of them attempting to exclude people because you would have to be in the over 65 click to possibly know the answer... Never does any of them put a picture up of anything in the last 50 years ..You see these people like ga and buck think are like rogers but there nobody's in fact GA knows little to nothing about speedway as you would know if you ever listened to hes podcasts  

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Its utter rubbish people just start a new thread every other day of a rider from the 50s and say guess who . Another Demonstration of them attempting to exclude people because you would have to be in the over 65 click to possibly know the answer... Never does any of them put a picture up of anything in the last 50 years ..You see these people like ga and buck think are like rogers but there nobody's in fact GA knows little to nothing about speedway as you would know if you ever listened to hes podcasts  

What is your favourite 'era' of B'ham Speedway ? what's your best memories ? mine are from the 70's and the early 80's (my favourite track was the old Perry Barr)

On 10/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, GiveusaB said:

I'm banned (permanently) from the Brummies forum for posting my 'thoughts'

You took your time didn't you?  I was banned 10 years ago :D:D:D

Just a thought to confirm that the Brummies are more likely than not to run in the Championship, would it really be worth Birminghams while to run for about 6 League meetings in the NL ?, I doubt its worth all the hassle.

3 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Just a thought to confirm that the Brummies are more likely than not to run in the Championship, would it really be worth Birminghams while to run for about 6 League meetings in the NL ?, I doubt its worth all the hassle.

Yes it would dont be a bitter silly cradley fan 

3 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

I'm not sure on what basis you base your belief on. Lee Kilby shot down in flames on Twitter the speculation about the Brummies being in the Championship, although he then "clarified" that "at that point" the Brummies were still in the NL and that it may not be the last word, and things could change. BUT why do that "management of expectations" if the road to 2019 was heading the way of the Championship? Why not just let the euphria build and ride on the back of it? Negotiations to elevate 2 teams have resulted in Eastbourne making an announcement, so if it was all plain sailing into the Championship for the Brummies, how come they haven't made a similar announcement yet? It leads me to think that on the balance of probabilities, the Brummies will be in the National League again next year.

I think that most fans think that the Brummies happiest times were in the 2nd tier, and would be disappointed to the point of departure, if the Brummies were not in the 2nd tier next year.

Edited by uk_martin