Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB

JPB up for grabs by looks of things?

Bewley's perfect replacement imo.

(Apologies for repeated Topic Title)

Edited by GiveusaB

JPB status on Facebook looking for offers in National League he said

This is what he said

1. Just so everyone knows I’m open to offers in the national league not wanting to cause any upset with Birmingham & they’re fans I’d love to be at Birmingham but I would like to see what others I get, also my sponsorship brochures will be available very soon and would love as much sponsors (new & existing) as possible as I’m wanting new equipment little or large will help and be hugely appreciated!
  • Like 3

Guest GiveusaB

imo....JPB doesnt need to make that kind of broadcast on social media....he's that good, teams will no doubt be approaching him !

May be its frustration by the lack of attention by our new owners?

Mason will be off to a poor start if he doesn't get Jack signed up asap!

Jack should have been without doubt, the first name on the team sheet!

He's a young lad and he needs to feel wanted.....hope our new owners are reading this !

An interesting challenge for the new promotion to react to.

Don't see them going overboard with the money in the first season. They need to discover just what they have let themselves in for first.

This is the NL and all teams have to run a tight budget so JPB may be disappointed, having put himself in the shop window.

• Like 1

Lets not forget that the new owners will have their own opinions on riders they wish to work with and riders they do not along with a vision for team building. It might be that they favour a more strength in depth approach?

There is also the consideration of the number of doubling up riders they wish to include as this is something that has hindered Brum in the past and if they are wishing to include Bacon along with Hume adding further doubling up riders means you will see your full team tracked a limited amount of times during the season.

• Like 1

With Carr retiring JPB is a must, ability to improve his average and someone the fans can relate to, think we'd be able to get a decent #1 still otherwise but he's got to be by far the best choice.

Rest largely depends on the points limit and whether Cradley run, definitely have Hampshire back although ideally starting at reserve, Hall on a 6 has to be targeted, wouldn't mind seeing us going after Bowtell now Lakeside have moved up too, but probably most critically of all is getting in a good 3 pointer, it's difficult to see a team winning the league with a couple of duff 3 pointers as we found out last season with our struggles at the second reserve slot. I'd move on from Tom Bacon, good servant as he's been, done really well at #4 which has driven that average up but he's not quite done it at heat leader yet.

JPB, Dwyer, Hall, Bowtell, Hume, Hampshire, 3.00 comes in at 40.49, for a 40 point limit could switch Dwyer with Cupitt although he'd have to improve on how he finished last season (on his backside most of the time). See what the limit is though first and then what sort of approach the Mason's take to team building

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

Personally as the first year i think the new management will go for personalities that are easier to manage which could rule Hall out. Hampshire looks expensive on anything over 3.5 so would desperately need to improve his equipment before his results improve.

If Cradley don't feature i could see a return for Tom Perry, Cupitt must be a shoe in to return and the rest who knows? As stated above though unless you have at least one decent reserve you can forget challenging for anything major in this league.

Guest GiveusaB

I agree with the above comment Re: Bacon. He's not someone I'd miss next season, although I'd wish him all the best and thank him for his efforts.

Hall would be by far a better signing, providing that he was committed!

Like the the idea of Bowtell too? but at 6.65 ? I'm not so keen !

Danno Verge looked useful when he visited Perry Barr....

I'd definitely give Kyle Roberts another shot!

Because the majority of hot 3.00 pointers have been snapped up i wonder if Brum will throw a curveball and look to use a stronger 2,6,7 combo like Cupitt, Verge & Kinsley/Halder? rather than the traditional 2 x 3.00's at reserve?

If Brum go the 3 pointer route the current connections point towards Roberts, Leek, Hitchin and at present none of those are anything to get excited about.