British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

9 hours ago, Argos said:

Well new signing tomorrow, who’s your money on?

Nicholas Saint.

Mitchell Davey is a solid signing. Will score everywhere he visits tbh. Pretty potent top 3. Possibly something along this line up? 

1.Bacon 

2.Cupitt 

3.Hume 

4.Walker 

5.Davey 

6.Roberts 

7.Flint 

Edited by adz_mft

Probably the best top 3 in the league but it’s relying on improvements from the bottom 4. 

Also surely Davey will miss a fair few home meetings with Weds being a Premiership race night. 

Edited by Islander15

14 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Probably the best top 3 in the league but it’s relying on improvements from the bottom 4. 

Also surely Davey will miss a fair few home meetings with Weds being a Premiership race night. 

I would have Bailey Ayres Jenkins over this 3.

• Like 1

Very good top 3, but the meeting where they could all be doubling up will make it quite hard to get the adequate guests. 

Hume especially on such a low average to replace will be near on impossible with someone as good as him 

Yup good signing but relying on him and Hume to put a couple of points on as Bacon probably won't and we are going to be short at second string. Best we could do after letting JPB go though, will take it.

I don't agree with several of the points made about Tom Bacon.

I think he WILL up his average.

I understand the points made about him white lining but its not true that he made no passes last year (Certainly for Brum.) and he has started to use other lines. He is looking to learn and improve the whole time. I think he will suprise people next year. (Injuries permitting.)

• Like 1

Heat 10

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16461/birmingham-cradley-ch-05-2017

Heat 14

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16678/birmingham-buxton-nl-24-2017

Heat 3

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16870/birmingham-lakeside-nl-21-2017

Heat 5

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16913/birmingham-plymouth-nlkoc-28-2017

Now I know that this doesn't constitute overwhelming evidence and I am sure there is more evidence out there as i dindn't look at the whole site. (I got fed up and decided it was time to find a life!) But it does disprove the "Never passes" and "Only white lines" nay sayers out there. As I say I have a great feeling that Mr Bacon is going to prove people wrong. Gonna be fun finding out.

Interest In interview with Mr Mason in the local paper. Reading between the lines, there seems to be an intention to have JPB back in the Brummies team when the Brummies are operating in the same league that JPB is heading towards. Whether that means that the Brummies are heading to the CL in the medium term or the PL in the long term will probably depend on the footfall through the turnstiles, but that ambition was clearly evident in what was said.

On 23/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, spin king said:

This would suggest that he was looking for a better deal than what Birmingham were prepared to offer him, nothing wrong in that the lad feels that he needs more money to move his career further on.

Yep, nothing wrong with that, but you can't have a (badly spelt) whinge when Birmingham see that Facebook post and decide to leave you to look elsewhere.

How many meetings will Davey miss with the PL been run on a Wednesday evening also seems like a crazy signing to be honest i understand Swindon have dispensation to run some Thursdays hopefully it will all be taken into consideration when the fixtures are calculated but he will have around 12 PL fixtures on  a Wednesday to work round i can see a lot of guest bookings on a Wednesday night. Its not been mentioned by anyone so i might have this wrong but i do not think i have that is not taking into account the bank holiday fixtures.

Not convinced Davey will be at Swindon long as they'll change it up when Morris' average drops after the first set of greensheets, but, we do have to plan as if he will be there the whole season just in case, so that should keep Mr Mason busy in January/February. Minimise clashes the first two months as an absolute minimum.

Swindon May have special dispensation to run on SOME Thursdays but they still have all the Away meetings to run, of which the majority will be on a Wednesday, very strange signing, 

Edited by Argos

Are you all sure brum will ride on Wednesdays? If a move to the CL is planned, then a change of race night will have to happen 

Edited by pete cc
Spelling

That is at least a year up the line; next season will be in the NL. As far as Swindon is concerned, their home meetings will be on Mondays and Thursdays.