British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

On 9/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, GiveusaB said:

It definitely isnt Chattin (not ready) and Roberts (signed as No.8) ?

Roberts rode with promise last season and if he's our No.8, then I'm hopeful that this last signing is going to be an exciting, future prospect with a lot of ability already?

Isnt it funny.....but the longer the build up, the bigger the expectation? (human nature at work)

Chattin was asked and Brummies was his preference but they took too long to decide. 

Guest GiveusaB
21 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Chattin was asked and Brummies was his preference but they took too long to decide. 

Really? that does surprise me ? I'd have thought that Roberts is ahead of Chattin in the pecking order (hence why he's our No.8?)

Having seen Chattin ride last season (no disrespect) he's some way off the 'reserve' pace! (or was...)

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Really? that does surprise me ? I'd have thought that Roberts is ahead of Chattin in the pecking order (hence why he's our No.8?)

Having seen Chattin ride last season (no disrespect) he's some way off the 'reserve' pace! (or was...)

Not seen Chattin ride loads but he does he does seem very hit & miss but has looked very impressive at times. Its very difficult for any riders coming in mid season and to make an impact in just one or two matches when all the opposition they are up against is already match sharp. 

I still feel the last rider for Brum will be a talking point (either good or bad) due to the very late announcement.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not seen Chattin ride loads but he does he does seem very hit & miss but has looked very impressive at times. Its very difficult for any riders coming in mid season and to make an impact in just one or two matches when all the opposition they are up against is already match sharp. 

I still feel the last rider for Brum will be a talking point (either good or bad) due to the very late announcement.

In reality though, they’re only going to get 3 rides a meeting and based on previous Brummies teams he  probably won’t last the season. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 10:48 AM, stevebrum said:

I suspect that this is MDL: I met James several times last year, and he definately wasn't ready for NL. He has joined the Peterborough MDL team.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd agree on that. I was lead to believe Roberts was likely number 7 but something or someone has changed that. 

Chattin improved massively last year and let's not forget was right on the pace in several heats, in fact held 3rd in one race until he slipped off on the last bend last lap. 

Just now, *JJ said:

I suspect that this is MDL: I met James several times last year, and he definately wasn't ready for NL. He has joined the Peterborough MDL team.

Again I'd agree on that it was likely MDL. Wasn't that far off the NL pace tho.

Win at all costs? Who in their right mind enters a competition and doesn't want to win.

Whoever brum sign will just have to be right for brum,  nothing to do with anybody else, be it complete new comer or polish junior with a shiny new passport. :D

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

The way I see the team this year, is 'not' win at all costs?

But more like 'entertain' the best we can, with a common sense approach ?

I think our new management are doing a fantastic job of trying to entice 'new comers' to the sport, more so, targeting the 'youth' market, after all, they are the future of keeping the team/sport alive!

15 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Another thread seems to be saying that No 7 will be a foreigner....presumably with a british passport ?

Or no passport if Rodgers is involved :D

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Or no passport if Rodgers is involved :D

Why do you say this? Anyway, if it is the rider rumoured, he is a teenager who has been living in this country for years.

36 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Why do you say this? Anyway, if it is the rider rumoured, he is a teenager who has been living in this country for years.

IF it is the rumoured rider he has been tracked twice by Rodgers before when ineligible. Once is a mistake, twice is careless

Will Birmingham be allowed to use a guest when there new rider is riding in a Polish League Fixture.

• Haha 1

Guest GiveusaB
52 minutes ago, Argos said:

Will Birmingham be allowed to use a guest when there new rider is riding in a Polish League Fixture.

Any publicity is good publicity, as they say !:D