British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

11 hours ago, guitar_art said:

He was not able to post in the brumies site as his account was suspended. He has also apologised to me personally via pm on this site. Havent been able to reply yet.

Correct! and thanks GA for responding on my behalf.....nothing to do with not having any 'balls' as you put it...'hobbit' !?

However, I acted like a moron in the first place which I'm not proud of and my comments were 'gutless' and I'm extremely embarrassed by them.

I've also apologised to Laurence Rogers, for my criticism this season....

I've got swept up in passion and emotion and I intend to control it far better from now on!

I've received a 'permanent ban' (brummies forum) which I understand and accept with grace! ( I won't try and re-invent myself under a different banner)

As you can probably see....I even deleted my BSF account.....but then, I had no way of apologising....so I re-instated it!?

p.s Just worked out who you might be 'HOBBIT' ??? if You're Bilbo on the Brummies Forum, then I publicly apologise to you too and 'JJ' ......along with GA.

I certainly don't expect anyone to acknowledge/accept my apology...but please know that it's  genuine and most sincere!

Edited by GiveusaB

50 minutes ago, *JJ said:

It's two miles (3Kms) south of M6 Junction 7, on the A34 main road into Birmingham.  When you see the entrance to a flyover, don't go over this, but turn left; the stadium entrance is then just on the left.

Thanks *JJ, I've now studied the directions for the stadium so I should be fine. I'm actually coming by train from Harborne by (changing at Aston), that should hopefully work and be very quick. I was rather asking for directions to find uk_martin when I get there!

2 hours ago, eM_Pe said:

Thanks *JJ, I've now studied the directions for the stadium so I should be fine. I'm actually coming by train from Harborne by (changing at Aston), that should hopefully work and be very quick. I was rather asking for directions to find uk_martin when I get there!

Will be ten yards first bend side of the start finish line near a small gate 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Thank you! Hopefully see you on Wednesday!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Why don't one of you offer to meet eM_Pe in the foyer? Would seem to be the sensible thing to do.

Thank you kitten2502, that would be super kind but I cannot really tell yet what time I'll be at Perry Barr (that might only be decided on the day) and I wouldn't want to keep anyone waiting. I'm sure I can find the group with the hobbit's directions! I will be wearing a blue&white Unia Leszno hat so I should be easy to spot as well :)

56 minutes ago, eM_Pe said:

Thank you kitten2502, that would be super kind but I cannot really tell yet what time I'll be at Perry Barr (that might only be decided on the day) and I wouldn't want to keep anyone waiting. I'm sure I can find the group with the hobbit's directions! I will be wearing a blue&white Unia Leszno hat so I should be easy to spot as well :)

that's 100 times better than a carnation in your buttonhole. :t:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eM_Pe said:

Well if I spot you wandering around aimlessly I will collect you & deposit you with said group - OK?

49 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Well if I spot you wandering around aimlessly I will collect you & deposit you with said group - OK?

OK, thank you very much! But if I seem nice then please feel free to adopt me yourself ;)

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 11:38 PM, eM_Pe said:

Thanks uk_martin, I'd be very happy to join you and show off my Polish! :D I just completely don't know Perry Barr so having some hints as to where to find you would be very much appreciated! Alternatively, we could exchange mobile numbers before the meeting. I'm really looking forward to Wednesday night!

I usually stand about 15metres past the start/finish line, close to the front, by the gate that gives access to the track. I may well be wearing a Stal Gorzów top ;-) 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 8:22 PM, uk_martin said:

Marketing slogan for Birmingham for the rest of 2018 - "Six-Man-Brummies - See them while you can"

Better change that...."One-Boy, Three Guests & Two Passengers -Brummies - See them while you can"

On 9/7/2018 at 9:43 AM, GiveusaB said:

Correct! and thanks GA for responding on my behalf.....nothing to do with not having any 'balls' as you put it...'hobbit' !?

However, I acted like a moron in the first place which I'm not proud of and my comments were 'gutless' and I'm extremely embarrassed by them.

I've got swept up in passion and emotion and I intend to control it far better from now on!

I've received a 'permanent ban' (brummies forum) which I understand and accept with grace! ( I won't try and re-invent myself under a different banner)

As you can probably see....I even deleted my BSF account.....but then, I had no way of apologising....so I re-instated it!?

p.s Just worked out who you might be 'HOBBIT' ??? if You're Bilbo on the Brummies Forum, then I publicly apologise to you too and 'JJ' ......along with GA.

I certainly don't expect anyone to acknowledge/accept my apology...but please know that it's  genuine and most sincere!

Yes, I’m the Hobbit,  aka Bilbo Baggins. 

I respect that you have come on here and publicly stated both your position and have made apologies. I certainly feel that you definitely owed Laurence Rogers a massive apology. 

As you know, I dish it out somewhat on the Brummies forum and as such, I expect people to fire back at me at times so, with that in mind, you don’t owe me an apology as I work on the principal of if you give it out you’ve got to be able to take it back

we are all passionate fans but we must be aware that there’s a line you don’t cross, espescialy where dishing out personal or insulting comments are concerned and unfortunately, as you seem to have admitted,  I think you crossed that line too much but it takes balls to publicly admit it!!

I hope you keep posting on here as you obviously love speedway and, The Brummies so, do as you’ve said, control it better and keep on enjoying supporting the Brummies 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:43 AM, GiveusaB said:

did you get my reply ? Thanks for the apology 

9 hours ago, LaurenceRogers said:

did you get my reply ? Thanks for the apology 

Thanks for your reply 'Hobbit/BB' and thanks for advice.....noted!

No Laurence, I haven't received any personal reply, but I can't access the Brummies Forum so that might be the reason?

I didn't expect a response, but appreciate your message....thank you.....

Here's to a better 2019 (injury wise).

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Thanks for your reply 'Hobbit/BB' and thanks for advice.....noted!

No Laurence, I haven't received any personal reply, but I can't access the Brummies Forum so that might be the reason?

I didn't expect a response, but appreciate your message....thank you.....

Here's to a better 2019 (injury wise).

resent