British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

So....3pm today is the BIG announcement ?

Championship here we come : ))))))))))))))))))))))

Tom Bacon as our first signing???

I think your right on both accounts here but that is just my reading between the lines opinion.

The club have made it a stick or twist situation set a headline and produced a online poster for it . Would they have gone to this trouble if the outcome was to stick knowing that it would only be met with huge disappointment.

Also Tom Bacon look at his sponsorship packages on his social media covered in Brummies race stuff every photo is in a Brummies race suit might mean nothing but we will see. 

• Like 1

Dont think you will see tom bacom at brum! Think if the masons had made up there mind at the agm he maybe would have signed for you?....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Dont think you will see tom bacom at brum! Think if the masons had made up there mind at the agm he maybe would have signed for you?....

Tom is clever and loyal but has largely mastered the Brum circuit and whilst he would no doubt bang in big scores at Champ level i wonder if he will move on to a new track type/style to further develop himself as a rider?  

25 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

With 4 months till the new season, I'm not sure why Tom would need to know now???

Wish him all the best wherever he decides to ride, but it wouldn't be a massive disappointment if it wasn't for B'ham..... imo!

P.s if we do move up it looks like we're going to be a bit behind the others with confirmed signings, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Barker riding the 'boards' week in week out ?

Danyon Hume ? Adam Ellis ? Paul Starke ?

IF brum goes up . I hope they will continue with their MDL  team aswell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

With 4 months till the new season, I'm not sure why Tom would need to know now???

Riders in Poland and Sweden know what they will be doing next season. Riders at teams like Sheffield and many others already know. Why should any other riders be treated like second class citizens? I bet he knows by now anyway, it's just us fans who are being kept in the dark.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Riders in Poland and Sweden know what they will be doing next season. Riders at teams like Sheffield and many others already know. Why should any other riders be treated like second class citizens? I bet he knows by now anyway, it's just us fans who are being kept in the dark.

Only 1 hour and 24 mins to wait : )))))))))))

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Tom is clever and loyal but has largely mastered the Brum circuit and whilst he would no doubt bang in big scores at Champ level i wonder if he will move on to a new track type/style to further develop himself as a rider?  

But don't forget Tom was racing for Peterborough this year so will have some knowledge of the other championship tracks - SHOULD we be going up, his knowledge would be invaluable.

11 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

But don't forget Tom was racing for Peterborough this year so will have some knowledge of the other championship tracks - SHOULD we be going up, his knowledge would be invaluable.

I have no doubt that Tom's knowledge and experience would be invaluable but i fear for Brum that the decision dithering may have let the Bacon boat sail. I suggest he is one of the most in demand riders in the upper two tiers and is most likely fixed up already. Why would he wait to see IF Brum would stick or twist if he has had perfectly good offers placed in front of him already? 

Edited by Sings4Speedway

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I have no doubt that Tom's knowledge and experience would be invaluable but i fear for Brum that the decision dithering may have let the Bacon boat sail. I suggest he is one of the most in demand riders in the upper two tiers and is most likely fixed up already. Why would he wait to see IF Brum would stick or twist if he has had perfectly good offers placed in front of him already? 

Time will tell I guess...…………...:D

Edited by kitten2502