British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Denmark Try To Move Forward

See the big news today that Hans Andersen and Leon Madsen have been dropped from the Danish senior squad and Nicki Pedersen has voluntarily stepped down to allow the youngsters a chance.Not surprised with Hans and although I am a bit surprised with Madsen,i have mentioned a number of times that he doesn't seem to be liked and always seems to have had a cloud hanging over him since his apparent attempt to cheat some years back under the Stekkers regime

Another surprise seems to be the omission of Patrick Hansen,who one or two on here hailed as one for the future,from the junior squad!!! Surely a mistake or oversight?Or is he now too old? Also wonder how on earth Martin S.Hansen still manages to stay in a talent squad.He must be too old and been around too long for the Danes to bother sticking with him

The main thing though is,will this help bring them back to the top? ;) Not in the next year or two at the very least imo

Danish junior squad 2018:
Frederik Jakobsen, Tim Sørensen, Kasper Andersen, Mads Hansen, Jason Jørgensen.

Talent squad 2018:
Jonas Jensen, Christian Thaysen And Ulrich Stærk, Jonas Seifert, Mikkel B. Andersen, Sam Jensen, Matias Nielsen, Martin S. Hansen, Emil Pørtner, Sebastian Mortensen, Morten Piepenbrinch, Jannik B. Sørensen, Kenneth Jürgensen, Marius Nielsen, Jacob Højmark, Nick Agertoft, Emil Breum, Benjamin Basso, Frederik Kristiansen, Magnus Kiel Jensen.

Danish senior squad 2018:
Niels Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Peter Kildemand, Michael Jepsen Jensen, Mikkel Bech, Mikkel Michelsen, Anders Thomsen

• Like 1

Obviously right.Think the idea from the 3(Hans,Erik and Henrik Möller) was to trim down the squad,rather than include too many.Lasse I can't ever see coming into contention for a senior team spot just like there isn't much point including Klindt,Rasmus Jensen or others of that ilk.Clear the mediocre riders out of the way and hope that one or two of those juniors do make it through,and double quick really before they lose Iversen and Bjerre to those over the hill.Bjerre probably Is anyway

an interesting way of doing things from Denmark.

is there any extra support given to the two junior groups before or throughout the season ?

I seem to recall things like pre-season fitness weekend and training days,plus some test meetings

Is it true that the Danish squad will go on a one week holiday to Gran Canaria? I read this but its hard to believe! Nice trip for the guys, if it is true and all payed for by the DMU !

It is sad to say this but ever since Hans Nielsen has become Danish Team Manager, performances and results have taken a downward dip. Last year Denmark had their worst ever result in the SWC.

Riders refusing to ride in the Denmark Team or being left out of the squad can't be right.

Edited by Bavarian
  • Like 1

I met Nick Agertoft in Horsens, he's only 15 (16 in March) he is desperate to try a few tracks in uk

any ideas on how he can get some track time?

2 hours ago, Wiseguy said:

I met Nick Agertoft in Horsens, he's only 15 (16 in March) he is desperate to try a few tracks in uk

He could just go over and do some rides when there are training days.Rye House,seem to hold them regularly,even last weekend if I remember correctly.Or Scunny or even Iwade .There are others of course.Just have to look at the clubs websites or even here in the amateur section etc

Have to take a chance with the weather of course.Could make the trip for nothing

Edited by iris123

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Wiseguy said:

probably best to contact clubs directly through Danish contacts.

most clubs will have press and practice coming up soon which they allow other riders track time on sometimes

On 20/12/2017 at 11:47 AM, Wiseguy said:

Great to see Nick has signed for Grindsted and will ride number 2 for this season

He's still desperate to try uk tracks, Gary Havelock was going to give him some track time at Berwick but he's now gone

The worst thing to have happened to team DK was the dissolution of Anders Secher and the subsequent appointment of Hans Nielsen. Great rider he may have been...great manager definitely not.

• Like 1

On 29.4.2018 at 10:10 PM, June01 said:

The worst thing to have happened to team DK was the dissolution of Anders Secher and the subsequent appointment of Hans Nielsen. Great rider he may have been...great manager definitely not.

Stekkers got sacked and there were some sour grapes. I remember asking here ”who is Anders Secher” when he got the job. He did fine and was sacked with sour grapes.

Maybe someone knows better, or doesnt have a clue. No clue is my bet ATM.