British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

Bowen, Rowe and surely Thomas are all nailed on...

Unless the boys from the Sunshine Coast . . .

I reckon Hunter is being hunted by them^

Bowen, Rowe and surely Thomas are all nailed on...

Bowen nailed on for `Silver Kings` (oh sorry Kent). :nono:

Lol aj so true as long as len is in charge a team will always be fitted around Bowen

Hunter to Eastbourne I reckon

Are Kent moving to Friday as Monday's are now Premier League ?

no way would Kent go up against lakeside on Fridays.

Are Kent moving to Friday as Monday's are now Premier League ?

Ridiculous if theyre forced to do that. There would be more clashes with Championship clubs on a Friday, than with Premiership clubs on a Monday. Regardless the fixed nights was to avoid clashes with the Championship, not top flight & NL. Like BV Colts should still be allowed to use Wednesdays.

• Like 1

You have to remember that the AGM had no consideration for the National League, so it's far to say that only the other "Profesional" league can't use those race nights.

With the number of doubling up riders & championship meetings moving to Thurs,Fri,Sat & especially Sundays the inclusion of riders like Bowen who is focusing on NL only is a major boost to any side.

Whilst necessary for riders development i think promoters need to be sensible about the number of doubling up riders that are included in any one team otherwise we will be plagued with another season of relentless guests & RR

With the number of doubling up riders & championship meetings moving to Thurs,Fri,Sat & especially Sundays the inclusion of riders like Bowen who is focusing on NL only is a major boost to any side.

Whilst necessary for riders development i think promoters need to be sensible about the number of doubling up riders that are included in any one team otherwise we will be plagued with another season of relentless guests & RR

Oh how I love the NL....... not.

Until Kent show some ambition,I will not go.

Cannot believe next year will be their sixth season and still scratching around in the third tier.

When they started I thought two or three years before a move up.... but no. :sad:

• Like 1

Oh how I love the NL....... not.

Until Kent show some ambition,I will not go.

Cannot believe next year will be their sixth season and still scratching around in the third tier.

When they started I thought two or three years before a move up.... but no. :sad:

Its horses for courses. I much prefer the NL and am glad Kent are staying put. I certainly wouldn't attend as much if they went Championship or above. The club still remains sustainable with good crowds at NL level and in the current climate i feel that is far more important than climbing the leagues for the sake of it.

Its horses for courses. I much prefer the NL and am glad Kent are staying put. I certainly wouldn't attend as much if they went Championship or above. The club still remains sustainable with good crowds at NL level and in the current climate i feel that is far more important than climbing the leagues for the sake of it.

Respect your view,we just differ in how we see it.

I went regular for the first three or four seasons.

But NL Speedway is a mixture of seasoned riders that are comfortable in this League/riders starting off... some go on and others do not.

These riders have older equipment which means problems with bikes and others make mistakes which means delays galore.

I went to two or three meetings beginning of 2017 and they went on forever!!!

To me Club will not move forward until someone does not CONTROL everything.

Track still needs a vast improvement.

I know the curfew does not help.

• Like 1

I went to two or three meetings beginning of 2017 and they went on forever!!!

Eh? In Birmingham, the matches run much more quickly in the NL than they used to in the PL/EL days.

Edited by *JJ

Guest GiveusaB

Eh? In Birmingham, the matches run much more quickly in the NL than they used to in the PL/EL days.

Ive noticed that it depends on the weather?

i.e if the track is slippy, due to the in experienced riders, there are a lot of falls/re-runs.

As for the previous post of 'standard' of racing?

I'd much prefer 'us' (B'ham) to be in the championship.

One of the best meetings at PB last season was the end of season match against Coventry and that was only a challenge match.

I know the guys have got to start somewhere, but there are only 1 or 2 memorable races per NL meeting, (imo)

I attend because I'm a Brummies fan, its certainly not for the product these days!