British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I am amazed that Blueherb 777 has the audacity to Pontificate about our sport when he admits he doesn't even attend !

Such people do our sport a lot of harm. While it is far from "perfect", the racing still excites me after decades of watching.

And at every level.  Must admit to a preference for the National League as I enjoy watching new youngsters progress. My own

club, Lakeside, are up into the 2nd Div  this coming season.  Hope it has the affect of increasing attendances to ensure the

continuity of the club.  I will almost certainly give Eastbourne and Kent a few visits to keep up to date on the 3rd l;eague

Pontificate ? Blimey getting very high brow on here :blink:

So anyone that does not go now,or goes at all etc has no right to comment?

Perhaps you should be asking why only a handful of supporters go now!

"Sport a lot of harm" ?????

Only the die-hards read this Forum,so my views are hardly going to lower gates :blink:

My main point has always been that I wanted Kent to show some ambition and move up a League or so.

Just like yours :D

My club, Lakeside have struggled to make speedway pay for quite a long time and we are indebted to Stuart Douglas for keeping

it going by supplying the cash needed. Kent, on the other hand never seem to be in trouble for money and when I attend, as I did

quite a lot last season to follow Ben Morley when he was riding there as a guest, the numbers sitting in the stand and elsewhere

looked substantial in today's terms. So, if my guess is correct, that Kent earn a profit for Roger Cearns, why would he want to

put that at risk by moving into the more expensive leagues ?  There is also the 8.30 curfew to consider. Does not help, I'm sure

I'm going to guess that Len will want this team:

(1) Luke Bowen 9.07  (2) Bradley Andrews 4.68 (3) Anders Rowe 5.07 (4) George Hunter 5.43 (5) Jack Thomas 7.43 (6) A 3 Pointer (7) Luke Clifton 4.22 (If fit)...... TOTAL: 38.9

Having watched the sport for over 50 years I much prefer to see the youngsters having a go. They have not learnt  some of the requirements for holding on for 4 laps. Witness for instance the ex-moto crosser Danny Ayres. He rarely made a full 4 laps without the need for re-mounting at some stage. Now he is a heat leader in the National League. James Shanes, he had the ability to stay up yet his starting let him down so he was an all out racer. Who could say that the 2 top leagues give any better racing. I see the GP riders going for the world title but rarely see that the racing is any better. Just my perspective, but I used to trip over to Rye House in the sixties when they had the winter training sessions and watch lads of all levels have a go to improve their style or mere speed. Just the sport.

• Haha 1

Watched Hume, Hunter and Bowtell in there 1st season with the Raiders, all were fast but lost count of the amount of times they fell off and threw away points. All 3 have progressed well and that's what the NL should be all about bringing on the youngsters.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 6:15 PM, StrangerKings said:

I'm going to guess that Len will want this team:

(1) Luke Bowen 9.07  (2) Bradley Andrews 4.68 (3) Anders Rowe 5.07 (4) George Hunter 5.43 (5) Jack Thomas 7.43 (6) A 3 Pointer (7) Luke Clifton 4.22 (If fit)...... TOTAL: 38.9

Would be surprised if Hunter was included in the Kent side and be staggered if Andrews was included, he was the only rider last season the fans & management didn't really warm too plus on 4.68 doesn't look great value. 

Bowen, Thomas & Rowe must be certainties with others plugging the gaps. I think Clifton would be a mistake for both club and rider but that certainly doesn't mean anything with stubborn Silver

Has Jack Tomas been confirmed ? 

No chance that Luke will be racing in 2018 as his bones were being very slow to knit when he last visited hospital. Would be surprised if he ever came back as a bad fall yet again would not be good.

Not sure but seems like in Len's comments he gives away that they have Jack Thomas signed aswell as says they will be looking for their fifth teenager for their other 3 point reserve.

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

A bit much asking Hampshire to be at number 2 all year isn’t it?

Agreed,  I think the 39 limit will crush a team like Kent And Rowe at 4 at home yes more than capable but not consistently enough away from home week in week out 

1.??? Bowen ???

2. Rowe (confirmed)

3.??? Stoneman ???

4. Hampshire (confirmed)

5.Thomas (Confirmed)

6.Clouting (confirmed)

7??? Laker???

I'd Certainly be happy with this, and feel confident we have enough growth potential.

Guest GiveusaB

Hampshire will do a great job if he gets a decent machine to ride?

I'm gutted that B'ham havent re-signed him. 

He's great to watch and has bags of potential.

I wish him well!

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

1.??? Bowen ???

2. Rowe (confirmed)

3.??? Stoneman ???

4. Hampshire (confirmed)

5.Thomas (Confirmed)

6.Clouting (confirmed)

7??? Laker???

I'd Certainly be happy with this, and feel confident we have enough growth potential.

Definitely not a league winning team though is it  

Edited by TurnTwo