British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

19 hours ago, whistlegang said:

Good news: William O'Keefe has joined Kent

Good lad, just needs an extended chance.

Think this is a good signing by Kent, especially at a time when all the top youngsters have been snapped up and not too

many choices left. Must be an improvement on their original choice.

To be fair to Clouting, he had 1 ride at the beginning of the season when he fell while leading & broke his ankle, then he had 2 matches recently when he was fit again these were home & away against Eastbourne so hardly an easy route back to racing again after an injury.

Glad to see William get another team spot. Is never going to be a world beater but is making steady progress. Hopefully Kent will give him the rest of the season, he deserves a spell in one team.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, flipper11 said:

To be fair to Clouting, he had 1 ride at the beginning of the season when he fell while leading & broke his ankle, then he had 2 matches recently when he was fit again these were home & away against Eastbourne so hardly an easy route back to racing again after an injury.

it wasn't racing though, it was falling off

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Kent management AND Clouting's father all agreed that he was not yet ready for NL racing. Cannot

disagree because he fell off far too many times IMO.    O'Keefe is certainly a better bet although not a World Beater for sure. People I've spoken

to about him reckon he's got plenty of guts....hope this shows itself in some good scores so that he keeps his place.    This is the aspect of NL

racing that really appeals to me, a new youngster trying to make his way.  Fascinating.

• Like 2

Huge problem for Kent now.    Time to call up Jake Knight otherwise play offs out of reach?

Don't see anyone but Jake available. 

50 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Huge problem for Kent now.    Time to call up Jake Knight otherwise play offs out of reach?

Don't see anyone but Jake available. 

Huge problem? With Boxall's average they can practically pick any guest on a horses for courses basis.  

Though Kent can't be punished for Boxall's criminal activities, they shouldn't profit from them either.   

Maybe R/R only would be fair. 

get on the phone to Jake Knight  :) 

Not sure Kent get it. Towards the end of a lengthy blow-by-blow match report, we get:

"The circumstances of Monday left even the hugely experienced Kent co-promoter Len Silver astonished by the extraordinary unfolding events.
"Never in my long career in Speedway have I moved from 'High' to 'Low' and back again in such a short space of time as I did at last night's meeting against Plymouth. By late afternoon, even with the unbearable heat, the track had turned out better than expected so, by 5pm I was on quite a high, expecting some good racing.  
"But by 6pm that turned to one of the worst "Lows" I have ever suffered as Steve [Boxall] arrived at the track and refused to take the drug test that was being administered by SCB officials. Steve's refusal came as a huge shock to me personally because, in all the years I have been closely associated with him, I have never ever known him to be involved in anything like so called recreational drugs or anything of that type at all."

So, no condemnation of the rider, no apology, no explanation.

This is 2018 and these issues have to be faced, immediately.

Sorry Kent, a poor show from the club in the time of adversity and in the main text trying to play the "hard done by card" in linking the incident with  the suspension of Stoneman on justifiable health grounds which are in force to protect the rider himself and others on track with them.

Dinosaur stuff coming out of Central Park.

Hopefully we get Knight, thoroughly wasted talent sat on the sidelines this season. What a way to save a season by having a crack at the play offs.

Sounds as though O Keefe may be back by next Monday too.

Not sure how to predict the Brum away match, I was shocked at the result our boys got last night, with one recognised hear leader. Rowe and Hampshire have been our key men in the engine room. In Rowes case he has slipped under the radar somewhat (which should only benefit him)

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Not sure Kent get it. Towards the end of a lengthy blow-by-blow match report, we get:

"The circumstances of Monday left even the hugely experienced Kent co-promoter Len Silver astonished by the extraordinary unfolding events.
"Never in my long career in Speedway have I moved from 'High' to 'Low' and back again in such a short space of time as I did at last night's meeting against Plymouth. By late afternoon, even with the unbearable heat, the track had turned out better than expected so, by 5pm I was on quite a high, expecting some good racing.  
"But by 6pm that turned to one of the worst "Lows" I have ever suffered as Steve [Boxall] arrived at the track and refused to take the drug test that was being administered by SCB officials. Steve's refusal came as a huge shock to me personally because, in all the years I have been closely associated with him, I have never ever known him to be involved in anything like so called recreational drugs or anything of that type at all."

So, no condemnation of the rider, no apology, no explanation.

This is 2018 and these issues have to be faced, immediately.

Sorry Kent, a poor show from the club in the time of adversity and in the main text trying to play the "hard done by card" in linking the incident with  the suspension of Stoneman on justifiable health grounds which are in force to protect the rider himself and others on track with them.

Dinosaur stuff coming out of Central Park.

No surprise to me. Boxall was like a second son to Silver at Rye. He thought the sun shone out of his a*se. 

Whenever he needed equipment (often), Uncle Len was there. 

Promising as a teenager, but thoroughly unprofessional

• Like 3

Richard Weston cannot have been at Kent on Monday night.  He describes their performance as a poor show in the face of adversity. Christ knows

what he would have considered a good performance since they wiped the floor with Plymouth  ( who recently won AT Birmingham) and did it without

a number One.  Cannot recall any comment of any kind from Kent claiming to be "Hard Done By", so what is friend Weston talking about ? And what on 

earth does he mean by "Dynasaur stuff coming out of Central Park" ? One of the youngest teams in the league......but I've just realised,  Weston is an

Eastbourne fan.  So he is entitled to make poor and unfair comments about their nearest rivals.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Richard Weston cannot have been at Kent on Monday night.  He describes their performance as a poor show in the face of adversity. Christ knows

what he would have considered a good performance since they wiped the floor with Plymouth  ( who recently won AT Birmingham) and did it without

a number One.  Cannot recall any comment of any kind from Kent claiming to be "Hard Done By", so what is friend Weston talking about ? And what on 

earth does he mean by "Dynasaur stuff coming out of Central Park" ? One of the youngest teams in the league......but I've just realised,  Weston is an

Eastbourne fan.  So he is entitled to make poor and unfair comments about their nearest rivals.

I was neither talking about the match, nor the make-up/age of the Kent team.

My comment was all about how Kent reacted to this shocking episode.