British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

No, Kirkylane, Paul Hurry is at the opposite end of the scale, but is a very accomplished rider.  Had an excellent career blighted by injury, but in

recent times has performed among the best on Grass and last year was a top heat leader for us at Lakeside. I admire him a lot.  I think your sarcastic

remarks may come to bite you in the bum.

Len has always done early call offs as far back as I can remember. Sometimes it's the wrong call but it's better IMO than getting everyone there and then calling it off.

Only so many times you can handle the forum melting down.

If it's called off and the forecast is wrong everyone moans.

If it's match on and forecast correct so match gets called off everyone moans.

• Like 2

Tbf some of the downpours in the early evening, if they had saved the meeting from the over night track flooding there would have been no chance saving it a 2nd time so late in the day.

A real shame as the Kent lads are on a roll atm so hurry comes in with less pressure at number 1 and the run of meetings should only keep that ball running.

Wednesday will be a big test as Hurry has not hit big scores in his two previous visits. Stoneman and Rowe got rave reviews after last season's visit. And the track should suit the speed of Hampshire. Spooner and Thomas have been out performing their respective roles without recieving the plaudits  they deserve. And whether it's Cousins or O Keefe in the other reserve spot both have been as fast as I 've ever seen either of them ride, and will be good for points.

Must also congratulate the Kent Crayford Kestrals who won the SDL title by winning 3 (three) meetings at iwade on Sunday, and equally notable is Alex Spooner who with I believe one away fixture to come has gone completely unbeaten all season.

Len pulling the plug early worked well for me, it gave me time to go to Poole instead. It was good to see an improved crowd at iwade on Sunday, despite the threat of rain throughout the meeting.

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Tbf some of the downpours in the early evening, if they had saved the meeting from the over night track flooding there would have been no chance saving it a 2nd time so late in the day.

A real shame as the Kent lads are on a roll atm so hurry comes in with less pressure at number 1 and the run of meetings should only keep that ball running.

Wednesday will be a big test as Hurry has not hit big scores in his two previous visits. Stoneman and Rowe got rave reviews after last season's visit. And the track should suit the speed of Hampshire. Spooner and Thomas have been out performing their respective roles without recieving the plaudits  they deserve. And whether it's Cousins or O Keefe in the other reserve spot both have been as fast as I 've ever seen either of them ride, and will be good for points.

Must also congratulate the Kent Crayford Kestrals who won the SDL title by winning 3 (three) meetings at iwade on Sunday, and equally notable is Alex Spooner who with I believe one away fixture to come has gone completely unbeaten all season.

I admire your consistent optimism for your team  Teaboy but I’d be amazed if Kent reach 38 points. 

9 Hurry, 5 Hampshire, 6 Stoneman, 6 Rowe, 8 Thomas, Spooner 3 Cousins 1 at a push.