British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

The track improved greatly at Kent towards the end of last season. Whilst the curfew and uncle Len are in place, I can see the kings staying where they are.

Ive noticed that it depends on the weather?

i.e if the track is slippy, due to the in experienced riders, there are a lot of falls/re-runs.

As for the previous post of 'standard' of racing?

I'd much prefer 'us' (B'ham) to be in the championship.

One of the best meetings at PB last season was the end of season match against Coventry and that was only a challenge match.

I know the guys have got to start somewhere, but there are only 1 or 2 memorable races per NL meeting, (imo)

I attend because I'm a Brummies fan, its certainly not for the product these days!

Nice to see someone sees it the same as me.

The best meetings I watched in 2017 was from the Swedish League.

Top riders in every Heat,so you could not predict the result and close racing.

I have to admit i would be very interested to see what higher calibre riders would do around the Kent circuit? A British semi-final for example especially on a bank holiday weekend could be spectacular

• Like 2

Oh how I love the NL....... not.

Until Kent show some ambition,I will not go.

Cannot believe next year will be their sixth season and still scratching around in the third tier.

When they started I thought two or three years before a move up.... but no. :sad:

So that's 6 years we've had to put up with all your negative Kent/Len comments lol.

Hardly any of the Kent fans would want to move 'up' anyway.

I'd like to see Edwards as one of our reserves but i've a sneaky suspicion that he'll go to Mildenhall...

So that's 6 years we've had to put up with all your negative Kent/Len comments lol.

I'd like to see Edwards as one of our reserves but i've a sneaky suspicion that he'll go to Mildenhall...

Edwards I believe has just turned 15. Can a 15 yr old also ride in the Championship? Thinking of Lakeside .

Well ignore my comments if you do not like them.

You know all the Kent fans then ????

To want to see better class Speedway is not a crime.

So you think one person who controls everything is fine.

with my eastbourne hat on , if edwards joins kemp at the tigers i hope it's glasgow or sheffield

Edited by gee jay

Well ignore my comments if you do not like them.

You know all the Kent fans then ????

To want to see better class Speedway is not a crime.

So you think one person who controls everything is fine.

will do

probably 200

better class? I want NL and no foreigners

he's doing pretty well so far!

will do

probably 200

better class? I want NL and no foreigners

he's doing pretty well so far!

200?,so you know everyone who goes now :lol:

What is wrong with watching foreigner riders? The best Speedway I have ever seen was watching Andreas Jonsson flying around Lakeside.

Doing well? Yes,Kent have won loads over the years !!!!!

Edwards won't be at Mildenhall I doubt Edited by adz_mft

Shame to see two experience knowledgable posters snipeing at each other,,I think your both better than that.....You like the speedway that appeals to you leave it at that...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Shame to see two experience knowledgable posters snipeing at each other,,I think your both better than that.....You like the speedway that appeals to you leave it at that...

You are right Waco.

I have said too much.

I do not go to Speedway anymore for reasons explained.

All who still go,enjoy :lol:

JPB looking for offers he says would he fit in average wise ?

from what i've read/heard i don't think it's jpb wanting away , i just think he's saying to birmingham 'if you want me come and get me' before someone else does. we'll soon know if it works.

Edited by gee jay

I am amazed that Blueherb 777 has the audacity to Pontificate about our sport when he admits he doesn't even attend !

Such people do our sport a lot of harm. While it is far from "perfect", the racing still excites me after decades of watching.

And at every level.  Must admit to a preference for the National League as I enjoy watching new youngsters progress. My own

club, Lakeside, are up into the 2nd Div  this coming season.  Hope it has the affect of increasing attendances to ensure the

continuity of the club.  I will almost certainly give Eastbourne and Kent a few visits to keep up to date on the 3rd l;eague

• Like 1