British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

Great to see Thomas & Rowe back and both look like they will continue improving. Hampshire has potential but is very raw and will need some financial backing if he is to progress. I fear its a year too early for Clouting and whilst his equipment is good his speed is lacking despite a nice smooth style and much the same could be said about James Laker if/when he is announced. With the proposed points left it looks very likely that Stoneman will return and as he cannot team ride for toffee him and Hampshire as a 3&4 pairing looks a potential disaster. No unbeaten home run at Kent this year.

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

1.??? Bowen ???

2. Rowe (confirmed)

3.??? Stoneman ???

4. Hampshire (confirmed)

5.Thomas (Confirmed)

6.Clouting (confirmed)

7??? Laker???

I'd Certainly be happy with this, and feel confident we have enough growth potential.

A very strong 1 & 5 and Stoneman will be one of the better 3rd heat leaders so there’s plenty of points from that trio. Rowe will be strong at home and that’s a top 4 to win most home meetings imo. It’s at reserve where they’re lacking but then multiple other teams might be in the same position with the continued low points limit. 

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Great to see Thomas & Rowe back and both look like they will continue improving. Hampshire has potential but is very raw and will need some financial backing if he is to progress. I fear its a year too early for Clouting and whilst his equipment is good his speed is lacking despite a nice smooth style and much the same could be said about James Laker if/when he is announced. With the proposed points left it looks very likely that Stoneman will return and as he cannot team ride for toffee him and Hampshire as a 3&4 pairing looks a potential disaster. No unbeaten home run at Kent this year.

get Armstrong in to pair Hampshire

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whistlegang said:

get Armstrong in to pair Hampshire

Would be superb and the perfect addition to the squad to really help develop the youngsters but i fear it wont happen. Im not sold on the reliability of the others plus think Bowtell will end up doubling up which is always a concern. Stoneman is the obvious choice in terms of using up points? 

Back on the development front i hope/wish Andrew Silver could be lured back to the pits as he would be the perfect candidate to get the best out of the raw talent Kent has lined up.

Really sorry to see someone suggesting that Luke might not be fit to take his place at Central Park in 2018. Has that been confirmed?

If that is the case, who would we want at No 1?

I see that it's likely that Steve Boxall will not be included atPlymouth - would he fit points wise? An old favourite of Len's of course.

Personally I have always rated Jake Knight as a racer - he would entertain on a Monday night.

Any other suggestions?

37 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Really sorry to see someone suggesting that Luke might not be fit to take his place at Central Park in 2018. Has that been confirmed?

If that is the case, who would we want at No 1?

I see that it's likely that Steve Boxall will not be included atPlymouth - would he fit points wise? An old favourite of Len's of course.

Personally I have always rated Jake Knight as a racer - he would entertain on a Monday night.

Any other suggestions?

I think they would be talking about Luke Clifton  and not Luke Bowen. 

The product has been watered down this year,,And some may be expecting to much with the very limited points available for team building...ie 39 per team....

Stoneman it is with a number seven to be selected. No mention yet of the SDL for 2018 but it may be that this lower order section + ANOther will have been chosen to favour that training league. Stoneman has been an out and out racer and some of his moves this past season were near unbelievable. Not disappointed to see him included. Should be a sound lineup.

2 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

Stoneman it is with a number seven to be selected. No mention yet of the SDL for 2018 but it may be that this lower order section + ANOther will have been chosen to favour that training league. Stoneman has been an out and out racer and some of his moves this past season were near unbelievable. Not disappointed to see him included. Should be a sound lineup.

Not sold on the Stoneman selection but that' already been mentioned once or twice. 

I hope the number 7 is selected/notified soon so they can properly prepare.  Too often a selection of riders are invited to battle it out at P&P and have no time to prepare for a full season of racing 

• Like 1

Kent confirm 

Luke Bowen 

&

Nathan Stoneman 

Just a number 7 to find now.

A strong top 5 ,,the reserves will have to wait and see how they pan out ,most teams in the same boat..

Think your spot on Waco, think most people's seasons rely on one of the newbies making considerable progress.

34 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Think your spot on Waco, think most people's seasons rely on one of the newbies making considerable progress.

Which is why Kents success fluctuates as the knowledge of emerging newbies is vastly limited. There are obviously some who appear under the promotions nose like Danny Ayres or Jack Thomas and prosper but Kent will always struggle to attract the likes of Kemp / Flint / Brooks as by the time they even know who they are they have been signed up elsewhere.