British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2018

As it was a dry day, I took the trip down the M2 to Iwade on Sunday to see the Kent team practice.  Have to say, I was highly

impressed with all of them.  Rowe looked very fast and Stoneman looked none the worse for his injury. Of the tail enders I

was most impressed with Clouting. Neat and smooth. Got faster as the day wore on. Think they've unearthed a talent there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

As it was a dry day, I took the trip down the M2 to Iwade on Sunday to see the Kent team practice.  Have to say, I was highly

impressed with all of them.  Rowe looked very fast and Stoneman looked none the worse for his injury. Of the tail enders I

was most impressed with Clouting. Neat and smooth. Got faster as the day wore on. Think they've unearthed a talent there.

Seen Clouting a couple of times and can certainly agree that he has a very tidy style and good equipment (GTR's i think). He didn't look particularly quick though but if he has added the extra speed without compromising his style Kent may have a bargain by landing his signature.

This must be one of the worst Easter periods for rain in many years. Glad I'm not a Speedway promoter.  Must be a nightmare

to deal with so many rain-offs.

Tomorrow at Peterborough is my 4th rain off of the Easter break. I fully expect Kent or rye to be my 5th.

• Like 1

Rain offs one thing but I've come down with man flu and away next week so it's looking like my first meeting is Berwick on the 14th :(

In all my years with this sport I cannot remember an Easter period with so many washed-out meetings and still continuing to rain. Looks like Kent have shut shop till the end of April with neither of the weekend meetings being re-arranged on the spare Mondays of this month. Not so good for the less experienced riders who really would benefit from these challenge matches, big shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

In all my years with this sport I cannot remember an Easter period with so many washed-out meetings and still continuing to rain. Looks like Kent have shut shop till the end of April with neither of the weekend meetings being re-arranged on the spare Mondays of this month. Not so good for the less experienced riders who really would benefit from these challenge matches, big shame.

Looks like the Brum fixture is now Monday 30th April.

Edited by blueherb777

I think the re-run date at Birmingham is 25th April with Kent's opening fixture now Birmingham on 30th.  Both fixtures look to be

interesting.  I think The Big B's will have it at both venues largely because of the inexperience of Kent's tail-enders.  It was their

undoing at Plymouth, I think.  Cupitt holds the key for Brum's success  IMO. 

Can't disagree with the above. Brum will bring Davey & Bacon who are both excellent at Central Park. Flint should walk all over the Kent reserve pairing but Cupitt hates the place so evens it up a little. Bowen & Thomas will have to be on top form to get much out of these and id put Rowe as key to any joy the Kings may or may not get.

I was interested to see that Stoneman top scored at Plymouth last Friday.  To me, he was a doubtful signing considering his serious injury last season,

so, well done to him.  Makes the Challenges with Brum' more than interesting....still think the Midlanders will edge it.

Kent kings, now there is a name from the past. When does the home season start, last week in April. Must be a record for uncle Len!

Went to Brum to see the Under 21's.  Very impressed with Jack Thomas. If he rides like that all season then Kent will

be winning a few things.

Saw the heat results at Brum and it looks like the Kings went to pieces after heat 11 with lots of falls. Also noted that

Flint had 7 rides with Butcher only one.  Can anyone tell me what happened who was actually there ?  No surprises for

me that the Kings reserves had low scores.

Butcher fell in his first heat, and was injured. He was withdrawn from the meeting. As for falls, they happened for both sides: Kent took heat 1 because Bacon fell off trying to overtake Bowen, for example. Then Hume fell going for the lead in his first ride. Finally, Brummies lost a 5-1 in heat 15 when both Kent riders fell!

Edited by *JJ