British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Future Gp Riders In The Past

Some serious tenuous claims here.

Mario Jirout rode PL AFTER GP.

And I'm not including wildcards and reserves :P Newcastle can have Anderson, Nicki, Bjarne and Bjerre. Watt at a push I guess as he's ridden 7. Kus and Franc, no way :P

Not sure the relevance of Carl Stonehewer. Other than Workington can claim him and Kildemand but they're one of the handful I could think of with 2

Certainly did, 1999 season.

I thought so but wasn't sure.

And I'm not including wildcards and reserves :P Newcastle can have Anderson, Nicki, Bjarne and Bjerre. Watt at a push I guess as he's ridden 7. Kus and Franc, no way :P

Not sure the relevance of Carl Stonehewer. Other than Workington can claim him and Kildemand but they're one of the handful I could think of with 2

But you have got to try but. Can't believe I missed Lubos in the list, he lived with us. :party:

If youre including Watt, then the Isle of Wight have 3 as well with him, Doyle & Holder.

Quite right, you absolutely can't count wildcards and reserves. There have been some awful riders over the years filling those berths.

Are we counting defunct PL teams as well? If so, then Trelawny can stake claim to Matej Zagar and Chris Harris (both who rode for the Tigers in the early 00's).

Zagar, Kolodziej and Richardson all rode in the PL for the Racers

• Like 2

But you have got to try but. Can't believe I missed Lubos in the list, he lived with us. :party:

My thread, my rules :P TBF whatever rule is applied I think Newcastle are coming out of this one well!

Workington soon to be 3 of course, Stonehewer, Kildemand and Cook. :)

Poole & Wimbledon had Craig Boyce, Leigh Adams & Todd Wiltshire from the old National League days of the 80's

surely the first one was probably Marvyn Cox at Rye in about 1981. we had 2 at Hackney in 1988, Chris Louis and Mark Loram (although he had ridden BL for us in '87)

Edited by Andy Downes

Pushing boundries somewhat but Tai Woffenden rode for Hull (allows time for new revelation to sink in) in a challenge match at Sheffield in 2008....

My thread, my rules :P TBF whatever rule is applied I think Newcastle are coming out of this one well!

:D:D:D

Cox, Doyle, Woffinden, Watt all rode for Rye House before being full time GP riders (loosely full time in Watt's case).

Edited by Ben91