British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Future Gp Riders In The Past

Kim Nilsson for Newport.

And Iversen

Kaj Laukkanen rode in the GPs in 2004 after riding Premier League in the Premier League for the likes of Long Eaton and Glasgow.

Kim Nilsson for Newport.

And Iversen

And a certain World Champion!

I think Kim is pushing it. He's not been a full time GP rider. Newport were one of the 2 GP rider teams I could think of.

I've come up with a FOURTH Reading Racer who was a full time member of Reading's Premier League team prior to being a full time GP member:

....Peter Ljung

My thread, my rules :P TBF whatever rule is applied I think Newcastle are coming out of this one well!

Newcastle come out well not only with GP riders but with Individual World Finalists too.

Mauger, Olsen, Michanek, Lovaas all cut their teeth with the Diamonds.

• Like 1

Birmingham

Jason Doyle, martin smolinski and Hans neilson

Sadly, not whilst the Brummies were in the Premier League. Going by your list though, you could have added Bartosz Zmarzlik too :party:

Can only think of 2 for Edinburgh in THJ and cookie next year

I'm sure Max Fricke will be counted soon :)

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

In addition to (almost!) Ole Olsen Barry Briggs, Egon Muller & Ivan Mauger World Champions at Hull, Boulevard era, in the Craven Park era we also had riding for us: 1989 World Team Cup Winner & 1991 World Finalist Paul Thorp, 1994 World Finalist Jan Staechmann, 1993 U21 World Champ Joe Screen & 1993 World Champ Sam Ermolenko.....