British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Greg Hancock & His New Polish Club

According to sportowefakty.pl Greg Hancock's new Polish club, the 3rd League, Stal Rzeszow, will allegedly pay him about £320K per season The contract is signed for three years. Mr. Ireneusz Nawrocki, new owner of the club, says he has a specific idea related to this contract.

The Polish businessman, the new owner of the club, explains that Greg Hancock's transfer is part of a bigger plan. "We have enough strong team, so we would be able to be successful without him," Nawrocki admits. "I have an idea for Hancock, so I wanted to have him. And I would like to declare that I was the first representative of the lower league who made Greg's offer. The Lublin club turned up later, offering him a huge amount of money for a year's drive, but the champion decided on a three-year plan for Rzeszow, "comments Nawrocki.

What was the businessman thinking when trying to get Hancock? - Firstly we want to attract people to the tracks of the Polish lower league - says Nawrocki. - Not only here in Rzeszow but, also at other tracks. Secondly, we want Greg to act as a drawing magnet for our youth. We hope that more youngsters will join us and learn to ride speedway. Hancock role will also be an advisory force, a part of the coaching so our adepts will be learning from him as well. "Thirdly, Hancock is to advise us on hardware issues," adds Nawrocki. - For this reason, in our team we also have his mechanic and manager Rafał Haj. (...) An important reason for getting Greg was also that he would be a good face for our business.

The owner of the Rzeszow club admitted that there were first effects already of bringing Hancock. Sponsors who wish to advertise in the club are already enquiring , They all want to adverise with the club who has such an excellent rider . During the season, the value of having Hancock will be even greater because after all, Greg as a GP rider will be exposing Rzeszow name around the world

"I've read stories that I could do without Greg." says Nawrocki. - I do not agree with this completely. There are tangible and concrete profits, because we have our man at the Grand Prix. Many doors are opening in fron of us. And this is just the beginning - concludes the Polish businessman, who shocked the speedway, taking on Hancock.

• Like 1