British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Cradley 2018?

It's all gone rather quiet apart from a message from Nigel Pearson to say that the Promoters will make every effort to get us back on track for next season.

I took it a good news (for us) that there will be no more teams in the Premier League this season so there should be the same number of Mondays available. With Lakeside moving up and Coventry moving in there may be the same number at NL level too.

Riding fixtures at Birmingham has been an issue for us, though I have to say the co-operation of the Brummies has been greatly appreciated and actually saved us for last season. Problem is it's not the easiest place to get to mid week, even though it's close and that has had a noticable affect on the crowd levels there. I don't know how accommodating the new Promoters at Perry Barr may be in any case.

The uncertainty may mean that if we do run we will be back of the queue for signing riders.

I'd like to be more optimistic and I'm sure the Promoters will do their best but the level of uncertainty is a bit uncomfortable.

Perhaps the answer could be to run double headers on our nights at Monmore. We've done it on Bank Holidays with the Landlords so it could work.

Why are Tuesdays unavailable at Monmore?

Any thoughts (hopefully optimistic) out there?

Edited by Ommer Mon

I think I read a shared tweet from Will Pottinger that he was awaiting news from the promoters about next season, and that he should know more very soon.

Perhaps the answer could be to run double headers on our nights at Monmore. We've done it on Bank Holidays with the Landlords so it could work.

Why are Tuesdays unavailable at Monmore?

Any thoughts (hopefully optimistic) out there?

Double headers on Bank Holidays aren't much of a problem...but will Wolves fans want to start all their meetings at 6.00 pm,or Cradley fans for that matter?What if the first meeting over runs,there is a curfew.

As for tuesday availability...nobody knows except Ladbrokes,and they aren't saying.

Tuesdays worked well as you say ladbrokes arnt saying but surely someone knows the reason. If we were just told it would help, might not agree with it but at least we would know why

Wolves have announced meetings on Monday each week and then once a fortnight.

So maybe there is a chance for Cradley riding at Wolves

Doesnt this happene every year then an announcement out of the blue saying cradley are running?

Press release this morning. They are still trying to put things together for next season. Fingers crossed.

The Heathens’ future has been put into doubt due to stadium availability and fixture congestion arising from their track-share arrangement primarily at Wolverhampton’s Monmore Green Stadium.

Co-promoter Gary Patchett said: “We enjoyed a very positive meeting on Wednesday afternoon and we are unanimously agreed we will do everything we can to keep the team on the track.

“We have some proposals we would like to present to the other clubs when we eventually get a date for the National League AGM and then we can make some firm plans. Until then we are in a state of flux.

“We need the supporters to remain patient and we thank them for that. Without going into detail, the various issues we have had to face, both individually and collectively, would have made it easier to bring the current era to a close but we are committed to keeping the Heathens going despite the challenging circumstances we have faced this year. Our hearts are definitely ruling our heads!

“We need positivity throughout the club and, most importantly, we need to be certain the support will still be there for us moving forward. Whilst there are still hurdles for us to overcome and issues to address over which we have little or no control we are optimistic of a positive result.”

Another promoter wanting to have the AGM as soon as possible. It's still beyond me how by the the end of November there's no date, let alone the actual event :cry:

I was told there was a date but it's now been put back for some reason. No idea on the new date

Well fingers crossed for Cradley, but I cannot think why they wouldn’t run, unless of course their is maybe an influx of new teams entering the NL and I can’t see that happening

Have you still got the same group of dimwits running the heathen supporters group ? lets face it anyone with a brain would be reluctant to work with these people .

I can only assume they resigned or stepped down after that lion farm fiasco how embarrassing.

Just reflected on this i apologise its a little harsh there heart is in the right place and at least there doing something but on the other hand its evident there not that clued up and haven't a clue what there doing

Edited by redandyellow

Have you still got the same group of dimwits running the heathen supporters group ? lets face it anyone with a brain would be reluctant to work with these people .

I can only assume they resigned or stepped down after that lion farm fiasco how embarrassing.

Just reflected on this i apologise its a little harsh there heart is in the right place and at least there doing something but on the other hand its evident there not that clued up and haven't a clue what there doing

So is the project for a new stadium that we read about earlier in the year dead?

If it is, I must have been dozing when that came out.

So is the project for a new stadium that we read about earlier in the year dead?

If it is, I must have been dozing when that came out.

Dead it was never alive complete pie in the sky the people from the hsst dont have a clue how these things work unfortunately

Edited by redandyellow