British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Cradley 2018?

Additional details in a statement by Nigel today:

"Only 6 available dates at Monmore

Bank Holiday Double Headers no longer allowed

Only 1 meeting per week at Monmore due to Greyhound schedule

Perry Barr not viable due to heavy losses previously

Personal & Business Interests for directors make it more difficult to run the club

At least Trophy & Golden Hammer keeps us on track

Happy to listen to suggestions to run in 2019 with perhaps a consortium of fans & businesses to underpin a return to Perry Barr for some meetings"

I guess this is where we need to supporters trust to come to the party with a view to 2019, assuming they can stop ripping each other apart on social media

I'd resigned myself to no Cradley at all this season so at least there's something to support, it won't be our team as such but better than nothing with the hope that something can be sorted for 2019 in the absence of any joy on a new site

Edited by MattJ81

I think that there is to many toys out of the pram for the trust to be of any use.Time for a major re think !!

Its very sad that we will only be doing a few meetings next season and will have to resort to loaning riders.

I'm not going to criticise the promoters. I'm sure they have tried their best. If you are looking for a target to blame, however, all roads lead to Dudley Council! They have had many opportunities to provide or allow us to use land to make sure the Club got back full time and we have had backers (certainly in the past) who have been willing and able to build a modest facility to meet our needs.

Dudley has lost a football ground, cricket ground, speedway and greyhound tracks and two swimming pools and there is no sign of any of them coming back.

Sporting Disgrace!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ommer Mon said:

... however, all roads lead to Dudley Council!

...and the people who vote for the people on the council, and the people who object to planning applications...oh dear, that means most of the people of Dudley. Your friends, your neighbours, your colleagues at work, your family, the people in the check-out queue at the supermarket. Yes THEM.

Nigel Farage got Britain out of the EU by forming a political party that campaigned and campaigned until he got his way. If you want Dudley to have speedway you will have to do the same. Form a political party and stand on the issue at the forthcoming Council elections. Then you can see how much actual support speedway has in your borough. If you get enough Heathens voted in, you can do something to improve your plight. That's how democracy works.

Or join with other sports campaigners for a general increase in sporting facilities.

It may not happen overnight, but it may be the only way that it will ever happen.

Heathens Fans Forum.

Concerned fans of The Cradley Heathens Speedway Team, are urging all supporters to attend a Fans Forum, to be held at The Netherton Conservative Club, 1 Halton Street, Netherton, Dudley, DY2 0PJ on 9th January. 7.30pm start time.
The meeting has been arranged by supporters , to gather opinions and thoughts on the short and long term future of the club. Concerns have been raised again, following difficulties to obtain a permanent home in the area for the world famous team. The club have continued to track share at Monmore Green and Perry Barr over the last few seasons, but with uncertainty over available dates, they can only commit to a reduced race schedule
The fans want to see how they can influence the situation and work together with all parties, to secure a long term future for the Heathens. Everyone is welcome to participate, air their views and ideas, which will in turn hopefully spark some much needed impetus and generate further appetite, for fans to get involved.
The event has been warmly received by the Heathens Management, who are keen to listen to the fans ideas and work together to find a solution to the long running saga.
It is hoped that the Heathens faithful turn out in force, to what could be another turning point in the history of the club.

Organisers: Tracey Robinson-Rivers, Jacky Mcnaney, Jackie Mason, Grant Marks and Simon Priest.

Edited by cradleysaddler
  • Like 2

So what does that mean for Plymouth in the NT? Will they have to sign a replacement for Roynon in them meetings?

32 minutes ago, SCB said:

So what does that mean for Plymouth in the NT? Will they have to sign a replacement for Roynon in them meetings?

In clashes previously the ‘other’ team (ie Cradley) have used a replacement. 

So if Plymouth and Cradley get to the NT Final Cradley will have a guest for a rider that is there rider, and is riding against them 

2 minutes ago, Argos said:

So if Plymouth and Cradley get to the NT Final Cradley will have a guest for a rider that is there rider, and is riding against them 

Yes lol 

British Speedway addicted to doubling up; no matter what the consequences.

If Roynon was to get injured I presume both his teams Plymouth and Cradley would be allowed a guest for him as he would be the top averaged rider. What happens If someone like Ryan Terry Daly as an example signs for both teams and is both teams 2nd string rider and gets injured, would Cradley and Plymouth be allowed guests to cover him or have to go with R/R.?

In previous seasons (Swindon last year) have tracked 7 riders that fit within the points limit for that particular meeting, Cradley i believe are going to try to use the same seven riders throughout. 

I personally like the approach of picking 7 riders up front rather than picking the form riders at the time that fit under the points limit. I guess it kind of works to Cradleys advantage if they name a team up front built to 39 points and then they all up their averages before the NT matches are completed? 

That said if a rider is unavailable for any reason Cradley had better be able to use a guest as if a team that can pick from a large pool of riders still has to use RR then there is little hope left for the sport.