British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Cradley 2018?

If you want a Cradley team to take part in a smaller competition such as the Trophy events, then it is obvious that the riders

signed by other clubs must be used. With just a few fixtures, it would simply be impossible for Cradley to have 7 riders who only

ride for Cradley.  The system may not be perfect, but at least Cradley stay as a club and hope that they can take part in the full

league in the future.  I wish them well.

I'm delighted to see that Adam Roynon is going to be involved in the national trophy squad. He is one of the most popular Heathens of the modern era (or any other come to that).

It's going to me a bit messy but I do applaud the Promoters for trying to assemble a squad that will actually look like 'our' team even though they will have to be borrowed and there may be 'guest' issues if we make progress.

Well, it's a fact that Adam is one of the most exciting riders in the league,  and one of the most successful. So Heathens have something

to cheer about in spite of the restricted programme.

Guest GiveusaB
2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Cradley have their own little fantasy team going on!

Jason Doyle next up ! :wink:

That’s the 2 best 3.00 men in the league signed up for next year with Edwards now in. This Heathens fantasy side is going to take some stopping   

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

That’s the 2 best 3.00 men in the league signed up for next year with Edwards now in. This Heathens fantasy side is going to take some stopping   

I've nothing against Cradley trying to keep a team  going and there's obviously no rule to stop them building a dream team, but think it's already starting to devalue what is already the third rated tournament in the NL. I'll be honest and say I wish Eastie had taken the decision not to enter the Trophy competition this year as they struggled to get all their fixtures completed last year and will probably be worse this season. I can do a lot of home fixtures but not all, and unfortunately I don't think I'll be alone in marking league matches and Ko cup and ignoring the Trophy. 

Cherry picking the best bargains of all the southern section teams does make it a farce.  As B Vue are not in the Trophy they should have used the colts team.

When a rider is unavailable how do they determine an eligible guest ?  On the average the missing rider started the season on or latest much higher average?  

With Kemp and Edwards likely to be in the 5 to 7 point bracket they can now borrow the two next best 3 pointers leaving them 27 points for 3 heat leaders and an unbeatable team. 

1 Roynan 

2 Edwards

3 Wood  

4 Kemp

5 Morley

6 TBA  3.0

7 TBA  3.0

The more I think about this, the more it becomes a total farce.

It is so wrong on many fronts.

Cradley fans won't like this but perhaps all concerned should accept it aint going to happen.

As for Eastie, hope they do a reverse ferret on the NT.

After being back for 8 years and being no nearer to getting our own track it does make you wonder if this is worth it. Maybe do the NT this year but not sure it's worth carrying on 

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

The more I think about this, the more it becomes a total farce.

It is so wrong on many fronts.

Cradley fans won't like this but perhaps all concerned should accept it aint going to happen.

As for Eastie, hope they do a reverse ferret on the NT.

Surely Cradley will have to use the riders current averages and be under the points limit every match?

You can't have them 'locking in' Kemp and Edwards and using them as 3.00 reserves all season even when they are at 7.00 averages and riding at heat-leader for their 'real' teams.

If you're letting them lock in riders on 3.00 all season, like a fantasy league team, then they're going to run away with the competition and take the pee out of the proper teams.

Anyone remember what the  Swindon’s Team was in the NL last season or were they finished in the Table, no me neither, just about sums up the NT, It’s a fixture filler 

Respect the effort and dedication striving to keep a famous club name alive. However, having riders representing two teams in the same competition is absolutely ludicrous.

• Like 1