British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Cradley 2018?

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Cradley will have seven 'guests'...

A good few tracks (as is often the case every year) will run at some stage during the season with four 'guests' and rider replacement...

Not that much different is it?

Both scenarios being farcical, however..

This is British Speedway don't forget so no surprises there...

And fans are more than well used to it by now, so those who still attend will accept any nonsense put out before them...

So fair play to those in charge for continually serving it up...

Exactly so just because multiple guests happen already, doesn’t mean it should be actively encouraged. Not that it’s Cradley’s fault for choosing the best riders. 

Technically as Connor isn't riding for anyone else (yet) he wouldn't be a guest :P.  Surprised he has turned down a place with another team full time in the Northern Section so he can ride for us, but I'm glad to see someone from last year come back.  Not sure if any of the others can fit, or are available but would be nice to retain a flavour of last year if possible

What happens to the Cradley  riders averages, when their averages are updated during the season when riding for their parent club?

Edited by iand
Grammer

I think like a lot of supporters I'm beyond caring now as it'll be made up as the season goes along. What credibility ( I do lose the word lightly)the NT had has long since gone out the window. I envy BV not being involved in it , sounds a bit harsh but think deep down a few clubs probably wish they were not involved in it. I'm not anti Cradley and never want to see a team cease, but this doesn't seem the right way.  

1 hour ago, iand said:

What happens to the Cradley  riders averages, when their averages are updated during the season when riding for their parent club?

Perhaps the only average that will apply will be the one gained by riding for Cadley.

2 hours ago, iand said:

Providing Cradley use / can use all the named riders in every meeting then it doesn't really matter if they go up/down as its the same as any other starting 7.

The only issue comes when a rider is unavailable its then the question of should the guests be based upon the original starting average or current average?

Oh and riding order of course as Kemp & Edwards are most likely to hit averages higher than Dwyer has during the season so that should drop him down to reserve?

Been said several times but Cradley & the NT have little to gain credibility wise as if they win everyone will accuse of cherry picking if they lose (and i personally don't think they will win overall) there will be many chuckling. That said still nice to see them on track.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Providing Cradley use / can use all the named riders in every meeting then it doesn't really matter if they go up/down as its the same as any other starting 7.

The only issue comes when a rider is unavailable its then the question of should the guests be based upon the original starting average or current average?

Oh and riding order of course as Kemp & Edwards are most likely to hit averages higher than Dwyer has during the season so that should drop him down to reserve?

Been said several times but Cradley & the NT have little to gain credibility wise as if they win everyone will accuse of cherry picking if they lose (and i personally don't think they will win overall) there will be many chuckling. That said still nice to see them on track.

So if Cradley qualify to meet Mildenhall in the final in September and Kemp and Jenkins and both have by then 7 ish averages. Cradley will be able to replace them with riders of that average from just the Southen section teams or the Northen section teams or both.

If I put my left leg behind my right ear, does that make me flexible or weird?

4 minutes ago, pete cc said:

If I put my left leg behind my right ear, does that make me flexible or weird?

It makes you a cradley fan

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, iand said:

So if Cradley qualify to meet Mildenhall in the final in September and Kemp and Jenkins and both have by then 7 ish averages. Cradley will be able to replace them with riders of that average from just the Southen section teams or the Northen section teams or both.

Gawd knows. the way things are heading they can probably replace them with 7 point championship riders

So easy to criticise the make up of the Heathens' team....The fact is that this is a minor competition that gives fixtures

to the clubs that join....more rides for their riders,  more meetings for the fans. Does it really matter that the Cradley team

is at a slight advantage ?  I do not think so and,  like others on here, I am very pleased to see Cradley still operating.  

• Thanks 2