British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Scott Nicholls Not Allowed To Ride In The Championship?

I thought people wanted less doubling up, not more. It's a long-standing rule that was removed for just 1 season which opened the flood gates to a situation which supposedly has put a lot of people off the sport. Nicholls had his chance and didn't take it.

Daft bloody rule

Of course he should be able to do CL

I'm fairly sure fans of most CL club's would like to see him racing at their tracks. Think of the advice he can pass on as well

• Like 7

I'm still unhappy with the doubling up rule and would like to see it banned however to bring back a rule that seems penalise only one or two riders is mad. They would have been better off bringing back that rule for the start of 2019 thus allowing all those that want to double up the chance to while also putting aline in the sand to start phasing it out.

i remember scott coming to workington for a match race , it was quite cold and i dont think he completed 3 races . said it was too icy . miss scott on a c.l. tracks , nope . not me .

promosed to come back and we are still waiting . took the money and run like !!!! .

Edited by jenga

If only a couple of riders are impacted there does not appear to be much point to it in the first place!

• Like 2

Crazy rule, Scott helped us many times last season with varying success, to ban him is stupid,

Use his guest bookings to give him an average, he must have ridden enough as a home and away guest to qualify

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

Crazy rule, Scott helped us many times last season with varying success, to ban him is stupid,

Use his guest bookings to give him an average, he must have ridden enough as a home and away guest to qualify

Oh you'll be up before an SCB disciplinary committee before you can blink for breaking the no common sense allowed rule

I'd love to be involved in the sport and summoned to HQ for a dressing down where they say they'll throw the rulebook at me

Just so I could say couldn't you use a concrete block it's smaller and lighter

Edited by Triple.H.

so we are stopping an experienced brit who could pass on sound good advice to youngsters from doubling up,but allowing aussies with a higher average than him to double up,when are we going to try and put the GREAT back into britain.

• Like 5

So Edward Kennett may not be able to ride in the Championship either as he doesn't have a Championship average from last season and his Premiership average was above 6.00? Or have I misunderstood?

Let Scotty ride!

• Like 1

Let Scotty ride!

Sounds like he was lined up to be a Panther. Its a disgrace that a loyal British rider can't double up, yet a 2018 GP rider can if he so wished :mad:

• Like 3

Any British rider should be able to double up if they wish and the club concerned are happy to take them on with their average.

• Like 6