British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Scott Nicholls Not Allowed To Ride In The Championship?

so we are stopping an experienced brit who could pass on sound good advice to youngsters from doubling up,but allowing aussies with a higher average than him to double up,when are we going to try and put the GREAT back into britain.

It is ok to have the experienced riders passing on sound advice to youngsters in the NL picking up an easy pay check but not in the CL.

Isnt a bugger problem that Greaves, Williamson, Perks, Ash Morris etc are all struggling to get Championship places? Yet they all proved last season that theyre good enough to warrant places. The first 3s averages went up significantly.

• Like 1

There were 38 Premiership riders who achieved an average of 6 and above last season. Of those, 18 rode in the Championship and remain eligible to do so in 2018. Of the remaining 20, very few would be interested as they have, or will have, teams lined up in Sweden/Poland etc. So, apart from Scott and Edward, there might have been a glimmer of interest from riders such as Timo Lahti or David Bellego but I suspect that's about it. So why shut the stable door now? The horse has already bolted!

• Like 2

Isnt a bugger problem that Greaves, Williamson, Perks, Ash Morris etc are all struggling to get Championship places? Yet they all proved last season that theyre good enough to warrant places. The first 3s averages went up significantly.

I think its too early to say they are struggling to get places - long way to go until all teams complete.

Id be confident they will all be in - and so they should be.

cowboy cookie returns?, on 28 Nov 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

It wouldn't have anything to do with him refusing to ride for team GB all those years ago.... not unheard of for the BSPA to hold a grudge!

Totally reeks of pay back time doesn't it ? They have waited , but got him !

Totally reeks of pay back time doesn't it ? They have waited , but got him !

So why the award a few weeks ago? To lull him into a false sense of security??

Edited by Steve Park

BSPA SHOWING THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED.

Still promoters going their own way and stabbing others in the back whether it be riders or other promoters.

• Like 2

BSPA seem to go out of their way to complicate the rule.How can a rider who was instrumental in deciding who WON the Championship and KO cup last season,be ban from riding in the same league this season,total joke! Will he be allowed to guest this season?

• Like 2

Absolute joke the BSPA never fail to deliver.

• Like 3

For what its worth I think the BSPA have got it right....you ask alot of Ipswich fans what they thought of Scott coming in and riding in all the finals at the last minute last Season when not ridden previously regularly at the lower level !

Its quite simple..if he wants to ride CL, get a team place then we'll love to see him, but its not right to cherry pick the glory finals when the serious stuff starts just because his regular rides had finished.

For what its worth I think the BSPA have got it right....you ask alot of Ipswich fans what they thought of Scott coming in and riding in all the finals at the last minute last Season when not ridden previously regularly at the lower level !

Its quite simple..if he wants to ride CL, get a team place then we'll love to see him, but its not right to cherry pick the glory finals when the serious stuff starts just because his regular rides had finished.

Personally I thought Nicholls explained it quite well that he was more than willing to sign for the Witches last year but wasn’t offered the chance, guest appearances are all about extra money so I don’t blame him at all for taking the bookings.

Rumour has it he was set to replace Grajczonek at Sheffield in 2018 but the rule change buggered it up, probably why Bjerre is now set for a return after originally looking out of their team plans.

• Like 1

Personally I thought Nicholls explained it quite well that he was more than willing to sign for the Witches last year but wasn’t offered the chance, guest appearances are all about extra money so I don’t blame him at all for taking the bookings.

Rumour has it he was set to replace Grajczonek at Sheffield in 2018 but the rule change buggered it up, probably why Bjerre is now set for a return after originally looking out of their team plans.

Having a fair team is more important to most fans than whether a rider can earn some extra cash at the end of the Season in the Final's

• Like 1