British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2018

Good team. Looking forward to a few trips next season. Particularly looking forward to seeing Jenkins and Kemp. 

Oh and the fish and chips obviously. 

I think the Mildenhall Promoters should be congratulated for assembling such a good team, and in record time well done to all involved 

Think alot teams have their teams complete as I know Eastbourne already do, its just they are taking abit more time too name their teams.

Decent side no arguing with that but i feel starting at number 4 will be a bit much for Kinsley. The other danger is that once Kemp is in the main body of the team his threat is nullified slightly by taking 4 rides rather than 7. 

The whole season for Mildenhall largely depends upon how Marson rides and how Bebee's return after injury goes which is quite a risk

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Decent side no arguing with that but i feel starting at number 4 will be a bit much for Kinsley. The other danger is that once Kemp is in the main body of the team his threat is nullified slightly by taking 4 rides rather than 7. 

The whole season for Mildenhall largely depends upon how Marson rides and how Bebee's return after injury goes which is quite a risk

I echo this, no doubt adz comments will differ significantly. I think this team will be unstoppable at home but with such a young team and no Armo for the expirence will struggle away from home. 

they couldn’t fit him in, on his Facebook page his wife said she’s confused how they didn’t on a 6. Something average. It is very strange as he’s the glue for them round Mildenhall. I think it’s bv for Armo 

52 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I echo this, no doubt adz comments will differ significantly. I think this team will be unstoppable at home but with such a young team and no Armo for the expirence will struggle away from home. 

Why are you bringing me into it? Lol

Win your home meetings, pick up the odd win away and you'll be in the playoffs. The team has been built to have a strong top 2 (something we've lacked at times) with improvements in the remaining. 

The league looks a little watered down with a few of the top riders moving up. I don't think I'm being too unrealistic by saying Bailey and Ayres could be 9 pointers. Jenkins an 8.Kemp a 6.Kinsley and Marson 4-5 and Bebee 3-4. 

So we could be looking at between 43 and 46 total average. Potentially anyway. A few teams will have question marks around certain riders. With Mildenhall the only team to announce their 7 we don't know what the rest will end up like. All I know is we should have a decent reserve all season and looking at the other 3 pointers around we should be fine. I like the fact the whole team will be based locally. Something that rarely happens and could mean a boost to the crowds with their family and friends showing an interest imo

Any idea's why Midenhall are not defending the National Trophy?  with one less League team I would have thought they would welcome the fixtures.  Having all teams except the Colts would give much needed status to the event.

With  some of the best improving youngsters in the league i would expect this team to be there or there abouts at the end of the season

I will be looking forward to the Fen Tigers results in 2018, however I would like to see Robert Henry persuaded to stay on-board & oversee/advise the young team @ home meetings & Kevin Jolly likewise for away meetings. This in no way to undermine Phil? Kirk position as the team manager.

It would be great & justified for success to come Mildenhalls way in 2018 & hats off to Kevin Jolly in supporting Jon Armstrong's testimonial meeting - how about a 4 team event representing Mildenhall, Ipswitch, Kings Lynn & Peterborough? picking the right date the most important thing.  

• Like 1

Believe whilst no date is set, Armo s meeting will be the season opener. Already talk of kent getting a coach together to support the great man.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 1:09 PM, Ghosty said:

I will be looking forward to the Fen Tigers results in 2018, however I would like to see Robert Henry persuaded to stay on-board & oversee/advise the young team @ home meetings & Kevin Jolly likewise for away meetings. This in no way to undermine Phil? Kirk position as the team manager.

It would be great & justified for success to come Mildenhalls way in 2018 & hats off to Kevin Jolly in supporting Jon Armstrong's testimonial meeting - how about a 4 team event representing Mildenhall, Ipswitch, Kings Lynn & Peterborough? picking the right date the most important thing.  

On 1/2/2018 at 12:04 AM, teaboy279 said:

Believe whilst no date is set, Armo s meeting will be the season opener. Already talk of kent getting a coach together to support the great man.

Look's like Kevin Jolly or the Easter-egg have been reading my post?

As far as I'm aware, Mildenhall open their home season on the 1st April, with the Armo Testimonial taking place on the 22 April at 2.00pm.  

Looks like the fans have got everything that they wanted: Rob Henry still helping the youngsters and Mildy will be defending the National Trophy....oh and concessions fixed at the same price, all looks promising this Season at West Row !

• Like 3

Gonna be a bit weird seeing Drew ride for Cradley as well as Mildy in the National Trophy competition, only this could happen in speedway ! just can't get my head round it....