British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2018

3 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Gonna be a bit weird seeing Drew ride for Cradley as well as Mildy in the National Trophy competition, only this could happen in speedway ! just can't get my head round it....

Totally agree, absolutely ridiculous! 

• Like 1

I can’t understand why Mildenhall have given Cradley permission to use Drew, there fans will not ne happy if he gets injured whilst riding for Cradley 

• Like 1

What about the fact he gains more expirence on other tracks keeping him race fit as well as he’s only old enough to ride one league at the moment?

• Like 1

It's still daft...but then it is only speedway; so who gives a damn as to how silly things get. No doubt Kemp will get a guest appearance somewhere else during the NT.

Not having a pop at Drew; if he can get the rides, he would be the daft one to turn them down.

Its the National DEVELOPMENT League

Thats what the set up has as its aim and is what should be the most important aspect

If this gives Drew Kemp a chance to progress at a faster rate it is what needs to happen for the future of British Speedway

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Its the National DEVELOPMENT League

Thats what the set up has as its aim and is what should be the most important aspect

If this gives Drew Kemp a chance to progress at a faster rate it is what needs to happen for the future of British Speedway

Obviously you make a valid point. But the league needs to stay credible for people to want to watch and Kemp and others riding for most teams in the league last season made fans disillusioned with this being a team sport. 

• Like 3

It boils down to whether or not you want to see a Cradley team in action for a minor competition.  Personally I am pleased that they are

still in business even though not in the league proper.  Of course they will have to use other people's riders as no rider is going to sign a contract

for a club only doing 6 meetings at home.  This has been done before  ( Leicester) so it's nothing new.

On 21 January 2018 at 4:07 PM, East End Fan said:

It boils down to whether or not you want to see a Cradley team in action for a minor competition.  Personally I am pleased that they are

still in business even though not in the league proper.  Of course they will have to use other people's riders as no rider is going to sign a contract

for a club only doing 6 meetings at home.  This has been done before  ( Leicester) so it's nothing new.

So are you saying that you don't think that they can put a set of seven riders together that don't already ride for another team ??

No, I am not saying that excepting for the fact that any rider with any ability will only wish to sign for a club that offers a

complete season of racing. Cradley cannot do that.  Also the rules allow Cradley to pick and choose ( not sure that I agree

with that ) so, for example, they are offering team places to 3pointers who have proven ability way above 3 points.  If they were

a full league side, this would not be possible as they would be competing with all the other clubs for such riders. As it is, they can

offer extra rides to them.   Whatever, so far as I am concerned, if it keep Cradley in the game, then that cannot be bad.

DREW KEMP & gGANT RACING ENTER THE PORTAL

Drew Kemp and gGant racing today announce the launch of their official online Media Channel and tie up with the speedway production and online media company Speedway Portal.

Speaking of the tie up Drew said "It's great to work with someone like Andy at Speedway Portal. He does an awesome job and I can't wait to work with him even further in the future. With my first full season in national league coming up, the help and support that I get off of them really helps and I'm really appreciative of what they are doing for me and the team."

Andy Hague from Speedway Portal said "I first met Drew and his team whilst attending the GB Young Lions training camp on the Isle Of Wight in 2017. It impressed me to not only see how Drew attacked and adapted to the track conditions, but also his enthusiasm and attention to learn and listen during the off track training day as well. He jumped at a request for an impromptu interview whilst we were filming at the Celebration Of Speedway event at Paradise Park, and from then on we kept an eye on his progress through the British Youth Championships and also followed closely his social media presence throughout the year. We had a chat whilst he was racing at Eastbourne towards the end of the season, which has now turned into this great opportunity not only for Drew, but for us also. With Drew starting his first full season in the National League at Mildenhall, it is the perfect time for us to work with him to add to his online presence with his Media Channel on the Portal, as well as assist him and the team in other areas and offer advice where appropriate."

Drew joins a steadily increasing stable of riders including former world No.2 Krzysztof Kasprzak and Paul Starke with their Media Channels on Speedway Portal.

To access Drew Kemp and gGant Racing's Media Channel, go to:

www.drewkempracing.co.uk

It would have been better if Cradley used riders not in other teams, but it would be hard to sign a rider for 6 matches rather than a full season! Unless it was someone like Connor Mountain, who maybe decides he is happy to move up the Speedway ladder but happy to do half a dozen matches to give him a fuller schedule!

For Mildenhall's point of view more track time for Jenkins & Kemp should help them improve. Might mean Mildenhall losing to Cradley in the trophy Final though, as they'd get good guests for the aforementioned duo!

Edited by szkocjasid

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It would have been better if Cradley used riders not in other teams, but it would be hard to sign a rider for 6 matches rather than a full season! Unless it was someone like Connor Mountain, who maybe decides he is happy to move up the Speedway ladder but happy to do half a dozen matches to give him a fuller schedule!

For Mildenhall's point of view more track time for Jenkins & Kemp should help them improve. Might mean Mildenhall losing to Cradley in the trophy Final though, as they'd get good guests for the aforementioned duo!

You say that about the guests in the final but whatever average Drew and Jordan achieve, they have achieved it for a reason :)

• Like 1

Hi, Does anyone on here have a team photo of Mildenhall from 2015 season? Thanks