British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2018

56 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Hi, Does anyone on here have a team photo of Mildenhall from 2015 season? Thanks 

Again there’s one on my Twitter @NLSpeedway

• Confused 1

On 20 January 2018 at 6:14 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Its the National DEVELOPMENT League

Thats what the set up has as its aim and is what should be the most important aspect

If this gives Drew Kemp a chance to progress at a faster rate it is what needs to happen for the future of British Speedway

Take your point Bruv, but its entertainment at the end of the day, whether it be Ipswich or Mildy, they need people to pay money at the gates and if the public think its pointless to see the same rider in two different teams in the same League they will vote with their feet...I'm not knocking Drew he's a super little lad but I think the powers that be ought to be looking at this and maybe making some choices...do they want people in numbers on the terraces or rider development, without fans there won't be any riders.

Again i'm not knocking Cradley, but I just think they should be looking at unattached riders if they want to put a team in.

Guest GiveusaB
On 21/03/2018 at 1:41 PM, AntiqueSteve said:

Take your point Bruv, but its entertainment at the end of the day, whether it be Ipswich or Mildy, they need people to pay money at the gates and if the public think its pointless to see the same rider in two different teams in the same League they will vote with their feet...I'm not knocking Drew he's a super little lad but I think the powers that be ought to be looking at this and maybe making some choices...do they want people in numbers on the terraces or rider development, without fans there won't be any riders.

Again i'm not knocking Cradley, but I just think they should be looking at unattached riders if they want to put a team in.

I'm more than happy to pay to watch the same rider twice, if he's as good as Drew Kemp ! ;)

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm more than happy to pay to watch the same rider twice, if he's as good as Drew Kemp ! ;)

You have missed my point completely, I'm hardly likely to watch drew and Jordan ride for Cradley am I ??

I love watching them ride - Its just daft having them in the same compeition for different clubs

• Like 1

Its clear that Cradley could have put a side together featuring a selection from Knight, Greenwood, Hunter , Bowtell, Boxall, Compton, Hazelden etc as it is they have gone for Dwyer as their sole unattached rider. As a non Cradley fan id be happy to see a selection from the above arrive and entertain but as a Cradley fan would they still have the same appeal? Its been much debated about the morality of the Cradley choices but if it keeps "them" on track so be it even if i think they will fall short yet again.

Guest GiveusaB
12 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

You have missed my point completely, I'm hardly likely to watch drew and Jordan ride for Cradley am I ??

I love watching them ride - Its just daft having them in the same compeition for different clubs

I haven't missed your point ? I totally agree with it ! It's farcical.....but I think we have to see it for what it is ? 

The competition is a circus show.....but it's the only 'hope' and I use the term 'hope' very lightly, that Cradley have, of still existing!

As a Brummies fan I'm happy for Cradley to have a 'super' select and I couldn't give a monkeys if they win the Trophy.....

On 23 March 2018 at 1:57 PM, GiveusaB said:

I haven't missed your point ? I totally agree with it ! It's farcical.....but I think we have to see it for what it is ?

The competition is a circus show.....but it's the only 'hope' and I use the term 'hope' very lightly, that Cradley have, of still existing!

As a Brummies fan I'm happy for Cradley to have a 'super' select and I couldn't give a monkeys if they win the Trophy.....

If you "couldn't give a monkeys" who wins the competition then it makes it a bit pointless really, I am watching the competition in the hope that my team does well

Guest GiveusaB
On 24/03/2018 at 2:25 PM, AntiqueSteve said:

If you "couldn't give a monkeys" who wins the competition then it makes it a bit pointless really, I am watching the competition in the hope that my team does well

We all want our team to do well, but it's not the be all and end all to me.......

I follow Birmingham and if they don't win, I'm equally as happy for 'speedway in general' to be the winner!

if tonight on the island is anything to go by the rest of us are fighting for runners up spot . 

Guest GiveusaB
6 hours ago, gee jay said:

if tonight on the island is anything to go by the rest of us are fighting for runners up spot . 

We'll see about that after next Wednesday? :D

The fen tigers certainly looked impressive on the island last night. A young exciting team that will only improve throughout the season.

Guest GiveusaB

Yes, they've got some good riders in their group. Look forward to seeing one or two future stars (hopefully)

Tougher tests to come for Mildenhall as most teams are thumping IOW at the moment but still very impressive. Like a few other teams Mildenhall will be hampered when star reserve Kemp moves up into the team but if Marson or Bebee can hit a run of form they will want some stopping. 

Wednesday will be a good marker of where teams are right now but for the season i would still give Brum the edge at present given they are more used to dealing with the pressure of play offs etc however a lot can happen before the end of the season.

perhaps i give up to easy . but my jaw dropped when i saw the score , thought  i.o.w might catch the fen tigers cold , well 4 of their riders anyway , wonder what the devil's riders and fans thought . as for weds , i can see myself sending for the dvd of that one. 

I thought the tigers were brilliant really attacked the track and gave us a hammering. Drew kemp is some talent!