Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Championship Or Premiership...now About The Same Standard

I can't help thinking there is no difference in standard between the two divisions!

Nick Morris at No1 for Swindon...and No1 for Lakeside...and the comparisons go on!

Reserves are the main difference, It's closer than it's ever been but there is still a fairly significant gap.

I can't help thinking there is no difference in standard between the two divisions!

Nick Morris at No1 for Swindon...and No1 for Lakeside...and the comparisons go on!

Lawson was number 1 at Glasgow and Swindon last year,

Cook was number 1 at Workington and was .03 to being number 1 at Belle Vue so its nothing new, the weird one for me is chris Harris, was number 1 at rye house in top league but couldnt keep the number 1 spot for Peterborough and lost it to Jack Holder who had a lower average than him in the top league, as said above though differences in the leagues are the reserves, there are 6/7 pointers in the championship that are reserves in the top league

Lawson was number 1 at Glasgow and Swindon last year,

Cook was number 1 at Workington and was .03 to being number 1 at Belle Vue so its nothing new, the weird one for me is chris Harris, was number 1 at rye house in top league but couldnt keep the number 1 spot for Peterborough and lost it to Jack Holder who had a lower average than him in the top league, as said above though differences in the leagues are the reserves, there are 6/7 pointers in the championship that are reserves in the top league

Lawson rarely rode at number 1 for Glasgow and rode for Somerset, not Swindon - finishing 3rd in their averages.

Lawson rarely rode at number 1 for Glasgow and rode for Somerset, not Swindon - finishing 3rd in their averages.

Yeah I meant Somerset, and he was still a number 1 during the season which is my point but yeah Josh Grajczonek another rider number 1 at both teams aswell

Generally a difference of about 10 points, like Sheffield v Leicester, but with careful selection you could put together a team that would be closer, starting with Nick Morris at number 1.

The promotion play off last season seems to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

Difficult to judge with Sheffield missing their top two and Bates carrying an injury.

There is very little difference between the standards of the PL and the CH - expect for a very few individual riders. But it's just an "entertainment" - a series of one off events and not a professional sport, so it hardly matters.