Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Reassessed Averages

Woryna should be 6.51, which what his average was when he last competed post conversation.

Woryna should be 6.51, which what his average was when he last competed post conversation.

Hahahaha OMG.

Delusional Gavan said C. Holder should be a 9.00 (Linked with Poole)

We now have a number members calling for Woryna to be anywhere between 6 and 7 because he signed for Poole.

What next Brady Kurtz on a 10.00? or Maybe James Shanes on a 5.00.

Its like Play your cards right on here. Only this time with Speedway averages.

HIGHER....Higher than a 6 you say a 7......LOWER lower than a 7 you say a 6.5.

Quite obviously a Poole supporter. You say Ford was shrewd signing Woryna, I say devious hoping to pull a fast one. One of the biggest turn-off in our sport are ringers, and the unfairness it creates, and in that sense Ford is more guilty than most. The issue here is if you want to sign a good rider you do so on a correct and proper average, and let the competition take place on the track, and not by out of date assessments.

I put out sensible post and here we go again with another teams supporter having a go at Ford again.

Read the post properly.

The last comment I make is:

"I think all these guys should be given lowish GSA's and let the individual promoters decide if they want to try and sign them and take the inevitable risks associated. We want young talent here not this constant dumbing down of the league with GSA's being set high just to distract promoters from taking that chance"

In effect saying give them all a low GSA and let promoters decide if they want to sign and take whatever risk is involved.

I don't care who signs them be it Ford or even Chapman..... If ANY premotor has the foresight and is willing to finance any of these guys coming over then I applaud them for bringing the real potential future World talent to these shores. Believe me if Woryna had signed for KL I would be saying well done Buster for taking a long term view and yes I think its worth it.

All this crap about unfairness/manipulation of the rules, Ford always allegedly guilty of underhand dealing - pulling a fast one.

I am sure if Buster had signed Woryna you would be saying, nice one Buster, you did well in having the foresight to sign what COULD be a future young star on a good low average. But no as its Matt Ford its viewed as manipulation or devious or unfair.

Yes I like Poole but I also love Speedway and unlike maybe Football I would love to see any Prem side sign what could potentially be future World Stars as this is the kind of thing I want to see on tracks and not the same old same old every week. If Lynn signed Woryna, Drabik or Smektala my view would be good on them, they have made the effort and taken the chance. Its good to see a promoter take that chance as you never really know how it will work out on our trickier/tighter (and in may cases inferior quality) tracks.

So I am not taking a one club view. Good luck to any promoter in bringing these guys over. The BSPA may be dumbing down our league bit by bit but these younger guys maybe offer a way around it for clubs.

Also as I additionally stated. IF they are good enough they will be out of any potential reserve berth anyway come end of May/early June.

• Like 1

How is your last point relevant? The issue isnt that he will be at reserve, the issue is that 4.65 is 2-3 points lower than it should be.

And Ive said since ladt year that any rider with a 2016 average needs a conversion, its not a Poole thing.

• Like 1

Wow got to love the usual Poole people missing the point.

Riders who didnt ride over here last season but did in the GP are reassessed at 9.0

Tai Woffinden and Matej Zager had averages under 8 points gained in the 2016 season and have now been reassessed as a 9.0

Why is it wrong to suggest that any foreign rider who rode over here before or during 2016 but missed last year, shouldnt also be reassessed?

Chris Holder never completed a full season last year. As a gp rider surely he should also be looked at?

I dont care less who people ride for but its amazing how often that one club in particular benefit from the rulings.

Edited by Gavan

Wow got to love the usual Poole people missing the point.

Riders who didnt ride over here last season but did in the GP are reassessed at 9.0

Tai Woffinden and Matej Zager had averages under 8 points gained in the 2016 season and have now been reassessed as a 9.0

Why is it wrong to suggest that any foreign rider who rode over here before or during 2016 but missed last year, shouldnt also be reassessed?

Chris Holder never completed a full season last year. As a gp rider surely he should also be looked at?

I dont care less who people ride for but its amazing how often that one club in particular benefit from the rulings.

You only want him looked at because your worried he is coming home to Poole.

Yes im very worried about Chris Holder riding for Poole as my team are in the league below

• Like 1

Mate leave it alone, they are trying to wind you up.

• Like 1

Yes im very worried about Chris Holder riding for Poole as my team are in the league below

Yeah but Poole Speedway has a massive impact on your day to day life.

You are on our thread on a daily basis. Same cant be said for the Ippo thread though.

Mate leave it alone, they are trying to wind you up.

I know.

You are on our thread on a daily basis. Same cant be said for the Ippo thread though.

I know.

Stevebrum cant talk on his thread because theres nothing to talk about.

• Like 1

I know.

Oh dear Starman and Gater1 teaming up!!

I started the Ippo thread thanks buddy. Ive commented on our team and also on the Glasgow thread as you well know.

Oh dear Starman and Gater1 teaming up!!

I started the Ippo thread thanks buddy. Ive commented on our team and also on the Glasgow thread as you well know.

No mention of Gater1 in my screen name history.

Speedway Fanatic to Poole Pirates Fanatic because someone said I only care about Poole and not British Speedway in General

and now Matt Ford Fan just as banter to get back at the jealous haters for blaming Matt Ford for next season's rules.

Why don't you go back to it then.

I put out sensible post and here we go again with another teams supporter having a go at Ford again.

Read the post properly.

The last comment I make is:

"I think all these guys should be given lowish GSA's and let the individual promoters decide if they want to try and sign them and take the inevitable risks associated. We want young talent here not this constant dumbing down of the league with GSA's being set high just to distract promoters from taking that chance"

In effect saying give them all a low GSA and let promoters decide if they want to sign and take whatever risk is involved.

I don't care who signs them be it Ford or even Chapman..... If ANY premotor has the foresight and is willing to finance any of these guys coming over then I applaud them for bringing the real potential future World talent to these shores. Believe me if Woryna had signed for KL I would be saying well done Buster for taking a long term view and yes I think its worth it.

All this crap about unfairness/manipulation of the rules, Ford always allegedly guilty of underhand dealing - pulling a fast one.

I am sure if Buster had signed Woryna you would be saying, nice one Buster, you did well in having the foresight to sign what COULD be a future young star on a good low average. But no as its Matt Ford its viewed as manipulation or devious or unfair.

Yes I like Poole but I also love Speedway and unlike maybe Football I would love to see any Prem side sign what could potentially be future World Stars as this is the kind of thing I want to see on tracks and not the same old same old every week. If Lynn signed Woryna, Drabik or Smektala my view would be good on them, they have made the effort and taken the chance. Its good to see a promoter take that chance as you never really know how it will work out on our trickier/tighter (and in may cases inferior quality) tracks.

So I am not taking a one club view. Good luck to any promoter in bringing these guys over. The BSPA may be dumbing down our league bit by bit but these younger guys maybe offer a way around it for clubs.

Also as I additionally stated. IF they are good enough they will be out of any potential reserve berth anyway come end of May/early June.

I'll except your views of a seasoned speedway supporter. You are probably too young to remember when rider control governed team strength. There will always be winners and losers, but the aim of the sport is to be competitive. This is where 'Rider Control' came in We at Lynn won very little, but we were always competitive and most matches were close and exciting. Nobody enjoys winning or losing heavily each week, so having equal teams is important.

Now the sport is governed by suspect averages, different racing formats, out of date assessment. Where once every promoter picked a team for the whole season, now its all change as soon as the Promoter thinks fit. Crowds used to come and connect with their riders, but that has also gone.

So lets ask yourself one question. Did Ford sign Woryna because he was a good, young, quality, talented rider. Or did he sign him because of his low average. I think we know it was because of the later....... Ford assumed he was getting quality rider on the wrong GSA, and that can't be correct if the sport is to be the winner..

It wouldnt be the first time a reserve signed on an attractively low average has had it raised following a late rule change.

We signed Jason Lyons on a low average gained during his time at Poole. He was joined at reserve by local lad Ricky Ashworth. The rule was changed so we had to use Jasons second division average, which was higher and meant we couldnt fit Ricky in who ended up at Poole. I think they wanted to clamp down on riders gaining a low average whilst at another track before returning to their parent track.

A couple of years later we had similar foresight when signing an ex Ace who had missed the top division to concentrate on tier two. Unfortunately there was a clamp down on riders using their lower division two average when resigning for the former club and he had to use his last division one average.

It amazes me when fans complain about the lacklustre nature of the powers that be. As an Aces fan Ive seen them clamp down on things in a regular basis.