British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geoff100

Set Days The Ruin Of The Championship

Looking at some of the teams being declared in our league with no double up to worry about its going to finish some teams.certain clubs have pleaded poverty for a while and can sign riders who wont be cheap and glasgows win at any cost attitude will be the ruin of the league.its the final nail for some i fear.

• Like 1

To be fair I think set nights this year is the only positive move other than getting rid up of the TR to come out of this years AGM

• Like 1

Looking at some of the teams being declared in our league with no double up to worry about its going to finish some teams.certain clubs have pleaded poverty for a while and can sign riders who wont be cheap and glasgows win at any cost attitude will be the ruin of the league.its the final nail for some i fear.

i actually think its a very good move to have set race days,as to Glasgow having a win at all cost attitude,do they really?,i dont think they have,they have maybe a larger budget that most but there is no problem with that,thats life--good luck to them

• Like 7

As far as I can see Glasgow are signing the best team they can for GLASGOW.

Am I missing something but I was under the impression that doing what is best for your own club is what a promotion are supposed to do.

Perhaps if your own club got there finger out then you wouldn't need to come on here moaning about what other clubs are doing.

Can't blame other teams for some teams shortcomings that is always the easy cop out.

• Like 7

It is no different to any season, there are always some clubs willing to throw more money at it than others - that dates back to the 1970s not just now - talking nonsense...as Glasgow have proved in recent seasons, money isnt always the answer. Yes on paper they should win it, doesnt mean they will...

Set race nights had to come in, unfortunately the monster that was created in doubling up (or rather the monster it grew into) meant that last season was just ridiculous in terms of who was riding for who and why!

Glasgow don't have a win at all costs attitude, as Gazc says they do what is best for Glasgow, the fact that they pay more to the riders does mean that they can entice virtually who they want, but that is the fortunate position they are in currently. It's not like Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea etc getting the best players by paying most it doesn't guarantee success, the trick for Glasgow is to entice the right riders!!

• Like 1

set nights hasnt changed much for our league apart from theres no top flight clubs riding at same time which pull riders away

but i agree with you that there is a possibility of some clubs that can atract riders by better deals that is affecting the other clubs who have to pay more than they can afford to sign riders

once 1 club starts paying better than the average rate then all others are competing against that 1 club

its the same with all types of buisness

if 1 firm on a large industrial estate is paying better wages then all the other firms loose staff to that firm when jobs are available

sadly its just a fact of life

Ah so , it's not the winning , but the taking part that counts . That's where we've been going wrong :oops:

What Championship clubs used to use a Monday or Wednesday ?,,,

so how does the set days affect it ?

• Like 1

What Championship clubs used to use a Monday or Wednesday ?,,,

so how does the set days affect it ?

It affects by Keeping the Premiership on Monday and Wednesday & not clashing with the Championship for doubling up riders.

• Like 1

It affects by Keeping the Premiership on Monday and Wednesday & not clashing with the Championship for doubling up riders.

yeah, a get that,,,, but dunno how it ruins the Championship.

• Like 3

As far as I can see Glasgow are signing the best team they can for GLASGOW.

Am I missing something but I was under the impression that doing what is best for your own club is what a promotion are supposed to do.

Perhaps if your own club got there finger out then you wouldn't need to come on here moaning about what other clubs are doing.

Can't blame other teams for some teams shortcomings that is always the easy cop out.

cant argue with what your saying here

but im not so sure its a good thing for the sport

but hey its like celtic in the scotish football league aint it they have the money to sign who they want so the others pick up the rest

which is what they wanted

no clash with poland, gp week ends or sweeden and denmark

Don't really get what people are saying about Glasgow, they have to adhere to the same points limit as anyone else. But of a defeatist attitude to be conceding the title to them already!

And they have to be praised for going British.

• Like 5

Don't really get what people are saying about Glasgow, they have to adhere to the same points limit as anyone else. .

is it because, an 8.5 ave. rider on £100 pt,,, is better than an 8.5 ave. rider on £50 pt ? ;)

• Like 1

is it because, an 8.5 ave. rider on £100 pt,,, is better than an 8.5 ave. rider on £50 pt ? ;)

more to the point a improving rider on 8.5 average is getting £100 a point so a rider in decline on 8.5 average wants £120 a point because the new kid on the block is getting £100 a point from the richer clubs