British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

Bonnie Scotland :D

Bild könnte enthalten: 1 Person, Text „Nik Childers @Truckeepix Trump: I'm going to go to my Scotland property the last day of my term, so I can't be arrested. Scotland: Declares month long total lockdown, and bans international travel until February 1 Well played Scotland. Well played... #nationallockdown #TrumpTapes“

• Like 2

Its going to be a MAGA day...:D

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

A constitutional expert has already explained in detail that the VP has that power, and it has happened before. Whether Pence would use that power is another question...

Thomas Jefferson I believe.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Bonnie Scotland :D

Bild könnte enthalten: 1 Person, Text „Nik Childers @Truckeepix Trump: I'm going to go to my Scotland property the last day of my term, so I can't be arrested. Scotland: Declares month long total lockdown, and bans international travel until February 1 Well played Scotland. Well played... #nationallockdown #TrumpTapes“

Brilliant...we can only hope!

1 hour ago, Crumpet80 said:

Editing a copy and paste fools no one, although it might work on a 5 year old, which seems to be your level of intelligence. Pull your trousers up please.

Hahahahahahahahaha! So the bet's off is it, Crumpet? I wonder why that is? Hahahahahahahahaha.

The fuse has been lit ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

More lawsuits to be dismissed?

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

A constitutional expert has already explained in detail that the VP has that power, and it has happened before. Whether Pence would use that power is another question...

This article article says he can't.  https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-01-04/pence-will-preside-not-decide-at-congressional-electoral-vote-count

Either way, it's irrelevant, because he won't.

The Jefferson incident was over 200 years ago and legislation has changed since then.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Yeah, you all just watch.  Soon, it's all going to be revealed, really soon.  You just keep watching, it'll all happen, real soon.  You just watch.  It's definitely going to happen, soon.  No doubt about it......soon.

2 minutes ago, Kester said:

This article article says he can't.  https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-01-04/pence-will-preside-not-decide-at-congressional-electoral-vote-count

The Jefferson incident was over 200 years ago and legislation has changed since then.  

Plus, Pence already asked for the dismissal of a lawsuit requesting him to do so, which is telling...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kester said:

We will see...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kester said:

Yeah, you all just watch.  Soon, it's all going to be revealed, really soon.  You just keep watching, it'll all happen, real soon.  You just watch.  It's definitely going to happen, soon.  No doubt about it......soon.

See what they did there ? Instead of it being down to the 6th, it is now 'the next couple of weeks' :D

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

This is the text of the relevant part of the 12th amendment:

"The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;

The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;

The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed"

Where does that give the Vice President any flexibility in announcing the winner?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, iris123 said:

See what they did there ? Instead of it being down to the 6th, it is now 'the next couple of weeks' :D

In 5 billion years the Sun will deplete its stores of hydrogen and swell in size, extinguishing all life on Earth.  As it does so, somewhere in what used to be the US, someone will be typing "MASSIVE fraud in Georgia, it's all going to come out.  Results to be de-certified and Trump to be declared the winner!!!!  This is going to be HUGE!" 

• Like 1