British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

May 2, 1967: Two dozen armed Negroes entered the state Capitol at noon today and 10 made their way to the back of the Assembly Chamber before they were disarmed and marched away by the state police.

The Assembly was in session at the time and Speaker Pro Tem Carlos Bee ordered the men removed from the chamber.

image.jpeg.e189c89c2c169738016798c1f9f37854.jpegimage.jpeg.274dd91dd418b45dafbf9c8e03af4325.jpegHere's How The Nation Responded When A Black Militia Group Occupied A  Government Building | HuffPost

Californian State, not the Capitol building in Washington though. Was it part of a major protest or a surprise attack ?

I am sure there was an incident over 100 years ago when someone just walked from the street into the Presidents office. It couldn't happen today.

Edited by iris123

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Californian State, not the Capitol building in Washington though. Was it part of a major protest or a surprise attack ?

Research it if you are interested, and no one said it was Washington did they...:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Research it if you are interested, and no one said it was Washington did they...:rolleyes:

IN 1967 a group of Black Panthers, protesting against racial injustice marched into the state building.  They were armed because the state of California was making moves to remove their right to bear arms.  At the time the movement was patrolling streets to prevent what they saw as racism within the police force.  They marched calmly into the state building, unchallenged and followed by a retinue to journalists, with their guns point upwards at all times.  6 Panthers entered the debating chamber and when challenged stated that they had a right to be there.  They exited peacefully.

You are trying to compare that event with the President (The President for god's sake) who has for two months tried to systematically subvert the democratic process with a catalogue of lies.  Who then encourages people to attend a rally where he, and other speakers, incite direct physical action.  Some of these supporters then violently break into the capitol building, vandalising as they go and 4 people are killed.  All in the name of subverting democracy.

The fact that you are trying to compare these events (well, you didn't think of it, your Twitter feed told you to) is rather pathetic and shows how bereft of a decent argument the Trumpistas now are.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blu said he was going to give politics the body swerve. Maybe good to take his own advice here and stop trying to deflect ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I am sure there was an incident over 100 years ago when someone just walked from the street into the Presidents office. It couldn't happen today.

It was common even well into the 20th Century for any malcontent to be able to knock on the door of the White House, and sometimes even by received by the President if they looked respectable enough. The easy access to the President is no doubt why there have been so many assassinations or failed assassinations over the years, and I think James Garfield was shot on a Washington street.

The US used to be quite unusual in that it was quite easy for any member of the public to get into the Capitol and even White House, although it was changing even before 9-11. I think that was actually a positive thing, although sadly it's impossible with the political extremism that exists in the US today.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kester said:

IN 1967 a group of Black Panthers, protesting against racial injustice marched into the state building.  They were armed because the state of California was making moves to remove their right to bear arms.  At the time the movement was patrolling streets to prevent what they saw as racism within the police force.  They marched calmly into the state building, unchallenged and followed by a retinue to journalists, with their guns point upwards at all times.  6 Panthers entered the debating chamber and when challenged stated that they had a right to be there.  They exited peacefully.

You are trying to compare that event with the President (The President for god's sake) who has for two months tried to systematically subvert the democratic process with a catalogue of lies.  Who then encourages people to attend a rally where he, and other speakers, incite direct physical action.  Some of these supporters then violently break into the capitol building, vandalising as they go and 4 people are killed.  All in the name of subverting democracy.

The fact that you are trying to compare these events (well, you didn't think of it, your Twitter feed told you to) is rather pathetic and shows how bereft of a decent argument the Trumpistas now are.

#HYPOCRITE

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It was common even well into the 20th Century for any malcontent to be able to knock on the door of the White House, and sometimes even by received by the President if they looked respectable enough. The easy access to the President is no doubt why there have been so many assassinations or failed assassinations over the years, and I think James Garfield was shot on a Washington street.

The US used to be quite unusual in that it was quite easy for any member of the public to get into the Capitol and even White House, although it was changing even before 9-11. I think that was actually a positive thing, although sadly it's impossible with the political extremism that exists in the US today.

I agree. It is puerile to compare todays atmosphere with 50 years ago or more.

Funny though mentioning the Black Panthers , because I was watching CNN yesterday and an old woman called Angela Davis was interviewed. Now I thought is that the iconic 1960s protester ? And it seemed it was. She was and I guess still is a committed communist and one of her ideals was the abolition of the police. Possibly this is where some in BLM have picked it up, possibly not. But I wondered not having researched her plan if it is a vision of a utopian society where no police are needed. I would love that, back that, but realise we aren't going to get there in my lifetime. Or is it a demand that should happen now, as it seems BLM wish. Now that is not something I would back. Just like I am ok with some of the aims of BLm but am no supporter of the political group, and as I have said many times before, I think most share that opinion. Anyway, a deflection from the main subject at hand here

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Too little, too late.  Everyone already saw his tweet, telling the terrorists "we love you" and calling them "very special", before it was deleted by twitter.

And who called the National Guard?  President Trump?  Or, as reported elsewhere, Vice President Pence?  Even when Trump is supposedly coming clean, there's a potential untruth in there.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

#HYPOCRITE

And that will clearly be your new mindless comment.  As I said before, if you can't see the difference between the two events then you really are rather dim.  

Edited by Kester
  • Like 1

Just now, lucifer sam said:

Too little, too late.  Everyone already saw his tweet, calling the terrorists "heroes", before it was deleted by twitter.

And who called the National Guard?  President Trump?  Or, as reported elsewhere, Vice President Pence?  Even when Trump is supposedly coming clean, there's a potential untruth in there.

Another grade one hypocrite. Where were you when people were being murdered in the Antifa/BLM riots ? 

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Another grade one hypocrite. Where were you when people were being murdered in the Antifa/BLM riots ? 

Poor Blupanther.  Is that the best you've got?

• Like 1

Old Bluey is getting really desperate now his "Big Day" never arrived. Or are you still hoping that something will still magically turn up - the Huge One! :party:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, norbold said:

Old Bluey is getting really desperate now his "Big Day" never arrived. Or are you still hoping that something will still magically turn up - the Huge One! :party:

There was me wondering if the big one is the day Trump has to go to court or has to stand down ?

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Yeah, when asked to imagine what happened in Washington happening in Westminster they come up with something totally different !

Did someone do that? My God! Unbelievable!

That's nearly as dopey as someone posting that the White House protesters were all able to go home despite 68 being arrested and 4 people dying.

People, eh! Whatever next?