Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

Recommended Posts

Inspiring

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

:D

Bild könnte enthalten: 1 Person, Meme und Nahaufnahme, Text „I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE I. MANAGEROFTWITTER“

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ultimately Trump is a liar, fraud and broke social norms. His supporters citing the Confederate State is so wrong Civil wars are nasty and do nothing but create hatred.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Inspiring

 

He should be the Republican candidate in 2024.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

He should be the Republican candidate in 2024.

If he was a naturally born American...

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Humphrey Appleby said:

If he was a naturally born American...

Although with the Democrats with the triple whammy of President, Senate and House Of Representatives, that rule could well change in the next few years.  It has been mentioned before that you should be allowed to run, if you've been an American citizen for a prescribed amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Although with the Democrats with the triple whammy of President, Senate and House Of Representatives, that rule could well change in the next few years.  It has been mentioned before that you should be allowed to run, if you've been an American citizen for a prescribed amount of time.

I think and expect some rules will change over the next couple of years. A few to safeguard Democracy in the face of the attacks we have seen during Trumps term.  

And it is only reasonable to move with the times and the changing face of the country

Even in Germany it was, much to the chagrin of the right wing AfD, announced storms would be named after foreign as well as the usual Germanic traditional names to reflect the change in society...... people on the net were triggered last week when Storm Ahmed hit the country. Was great to see all those snowflakes :rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I think and expect some rules will change over the next couple of years. A few to safeguard Democracy in the face of the attacks we have seen during Trumps term.  

Yeah, there's got to be more safeguards to rein in a rogue, unstable President. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

If he was a naturally born American...

Yes, but Trump said Obama was born abroad and he became President. And, as we all know, Trump has never been known to lie....just ask Bluey.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Although with the Democrats with the triple whammy of President, Senate and House Of Representatives, that rule could well change in the next few years.  It has been mentioned before that you should be allowed to run, if you've been an American citizen for a prescribed amount of time.

Unfortunately, it would require a constitutional change and the Democrats are never likely to have the numbers for it.

You don't even need to be a British citizen to be PM...

Share this post


Link to post

As far as improving democracy goes. There are two changes that need to be made. The first is the ridiculous Electoral College system.

The second is the way the Senate is elected. Wyoming, with a population under 600,000 (0.17%) gets two senators the same as California with just under 40,000,000 (11.91%). Both the Electoral College and the Senate have huge built in advantages for the Republicans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Unfortunately, it would require a constitutional change and the Democrats are never likely to have the numbers for it.

You don't even need to be a British citizen to be PM...

Unless the Republicans realise their best chance of success in 2024 was born in Austria...

Share this post


Link to post

Ronald knew...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, norbold said:

As far as improving democracy goes. There are two changes that need to be made. The first is the ridiculous Electoral College system.

The second is the way the Senate is elected. Wyoming, with a population under 600,000 (0.17%) gets two senators the same as California with just under 40,000,000 (11.91%). Both the Electoral College and the Senate have huge built in advantages for the Republicans.

And unfortunately nothing is ever going to change with those two items......except possibly making Washington DC a state....but the Republicans would never go for that either as it is pretty well all Democrat! I'm not against the two representatives per state senate but I do agree that Electoral College is ridiculously outdated.

Edited by andout

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy