British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

48 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Is old Joe is on a mission to kill poor people with his virtue signalling about climate...

EuCQIrvVcAE0YYJ?format=jpg&name=small

You really don't have a clue, do you? Worse than that, you believe you do...

Petrol prices here fluctuate far more than they do in the UK, and it is nothing unusual to see huge jumps and drops in price. A lot of these fluctuations are seasonal, and there can huge differences from state to state because of taxes. Even within a state, there can be big differences not just from city to city, but even within a city.

Here in Ohio, we aren't among the cheapest, and prices have jumped in the last few days, but only last week, I filled up for $1.99 (another station 15 minutes away was $2.79, but that one is always a lot higher). Today, ours is $2.45. A month ago, I paid $2.39. Your point is?

Despite what you YOU (with no knowledge of life over here) want to believe, that is perfectly normal!

Yes, it's crazy, but that's the way it is, and the way it has been for 30 years (when I moved here). There are MANY factors involved in the price of petrol here, and to blame one individual (who doesn't control what goes on in individual states, cities, and private businesses) is pathetic.

Oh, and while general costs of most things are higher than they were a few years ago, petrol is actually a lot cheaper! From 2011 to 2014, average price was way over $3 a gallon, and there were a number of times I paid over $4 a gallon...

So, do you REALLY think you know what goes on here?

• Like 5

Well said Chunky, the same happens here, one day it can go up by 20c a litre and the next day can drop 25c.

Though we are much more expensive than the USA but not the UK.

Just now, andout said:

Well said Chunky, the same happens here, one day it can go up by 20c a litre and the next day can drop 25c.

Though we are much more expensive than the USA but not the UK.

Exactly! Of course, I've driven around the US (and Canada) enough to know the way it is. It's just funny when outsiders try to tell US the way it is HERE!

17 minutes ago, chunky said:

Oh, and while general costs of most things are higher than they were a few years ago, petrol is actually a lot cheaper! From 2011 to 2014, average price was way over $3 a gallon, and there were a number of times I paid over $4 a gallon...

When I looked at that chart, my first thought was petrol is *only* $2.54 at the moment. :D

I'm pretty sure I paid well over $3 for a gallon in the US at least a decade (and probably even more years) ago. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

5 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

When I looked at that chart, my first thought was petrol is *only* $2.54 at the moment. :D

I'm pretty sure I paid well over $3 for a gallon in the US at least a decade (and probably even more years) ago. 

Quite possible!

The thing to remember is that in a country this size (Canada too), a "national average" means absolutely nothing. It all comes down to where YOU live and travel.

There are a number of states (particularly out west) that keep the national average that high. Still, what does the price in California mean to someone who lives and works in Missouri?

Even here in Cincinnati, we have a "city average", but there can be a 40 cent difference between the lowest and the highest, depending on which suburb. You just learn where the cheaper ones are! Same as when I travelled around the country; you learn where the cheapest states and cities were, and you always fill up there.

20 hours ago, Blupanther said:

You're certainly keeping us abreast of what the delusional element of the right-wing are thinking.

This article has already been rubbished  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/09/blog-posting/trump-did-not-win-two-thirds-election-lawsuits-whe/

But to sum up.

This is an article written based on work by John Droz - a climate change denier- originally published in The Epoch Times.

The article references:

The Epoch Times - Purveyors of conspiracy theory drivel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

The Western Journal - Religious Zealot/Climate change denial rag with a history of conspiracy theory gibberish - Obama is a muslim etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/us/western-journal-highlights.html

Mike Lindell - The My Pillow guy for god's sake.:rofl:

The Conservative Brief - Has a history of promoting election misinformation

https://popular.info/p/large-network-of-facebook-pages-circulates

The Trump victories focussed on include:

2 cases in Iowa - a state Trump won

Maricopa County - previously discussed - Republican run county.

Pennsylvania - not linked to widespread fraud.

To cement its status as witless drivel of the highest order it it talks of cases to be brought by Lin Wood and Sidney Powell.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chunky said:

You really don't have a clue, do you? Worse than that, you believe you do...

Petrol prices here fluctuate far more than they do in the UK, and it is nothing unusual to see huge jumps and drops in price. A lot of these fluctuations are seasonal, and there can huge differences from state to state because of taxes. Even within a state, there can be big differences not just from city to city, but even within a city.

Here in Ohio, we aren't among the cheapest, and prices have jumped in the last few days, but only last week, I filled up for $1.99 (another station 15 minutes away was $2.79, but that one is always a lot higher). Today, ours is $2.45. A month ago, I paid $2.39. Your point is?

Despite what you YOU (with no knowledge of life over here) want to believe, that is perfectly normal!

Yes, it's crazy, but that's the way it is, and the way it has been for 30 years (when I moved here). There are MANY factors involved in the price of petrol here, and to blame one individual (who doesn't control what goes on in individual states, cities, and private businesses) is pathetic.

I think I see your problem here. You've not taken into account that you are dealing with someone with the mind of a fish.

Most humans would see a chart, question its source, question the overall context, question its validity. Why 30 weeks? Why not a year on year comparison? Why an arbitrary selection of time to collect data? Is this official data? The fish you see will just latch on to the hook regardless, unthinking even. 

Here's the kicker too. They never learn the lesson. So when they are tossed back into the ocean, they will repeat the exact same mistake latching onto to another hook. None the wiser. Nothing learned. Destined to forever make the same mistake. Mark my words...it won't be long before this fish is hooked again....

Edited by falcace
  • Like 4

Way to go Joe...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, falcace said:

I think I see your problem here. You've not taken into account that you are dealing with someone with the mind of a fish.

Most humans would see a chart, question its source, question the overall context, question its validity. Why 30 weeks? Why not a year on year comparison? Why an arbitrary selection of time to collect data? Is this official data? The fish you see will just latch on to the hook regardless, unthinking even. 

Here's the kicker too. They never learn the lesson. So when they are tossed back into the ocean, they will repeat the exact same mistake latching onto to another hook. None the wiser. Nothing learned. Destined to forever make the same mistake. Mark my words...it won't be long before this fish is hooked again....

He must be a flounder !!! he has certainly been floundering with his posts for several months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, falcace said:

Dammit! I never learn, do i? :mad:

Still, looks like the Blu juggernaut is still rolling along, posting more nonsense while ignoring the truth.. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He must be a flounder !!! he has certainly been floundering with his posts for several months.

Oh, that's harsh! Are you saying he's not the expert he claims to be?

Oh well, I'll leave you to put him in his plaice. You seem quite a dab hand at that...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Oh well, I'll leave you to put him in his plaice. You seem quite a dab hand at that...

Nothing like a bit of R&R....

Fight:rofl:

3 hours ago, chunky said:

He does carp on. Still, he can't be feeling too brill since his imaginary online lady friend Trumpet got caught. I'm sure eel get over it... ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, falcace said:

He does carp on. Still, he can't be feeling too brill since his imaginary online lady friend Trumpet got caught. I'm sure eel get over it... ;)

Always talking pollocks, that's for sure!:rofl:

• Haha 1