British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

41 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Trump was right yet again...

And of course nothing to do with what happened in Texas over the past few days, below freezing temperatures caused the problem not keeping 90 days of fuel onsite!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, andout said:

And of course nothing to do with what happened in Texas over the past few days, below freezing temperatures caused the problem not keeping 90 days of fuel onsite!

If Blu claims it is, it MUST be true... 

Trump saw this coming, and now TDS has cost lives yet again...

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Trump saw this coming, and now TDS has cost lives yet again..

So, he's a modern-day Nostradamus who predicted freezing weather in Texas? Who knew?

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

The people dying in Texas do Steve...

Personally I don't think that his influence and/or actions would have made much difference.

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, he's a modern-day Nostradamus who predicted freezing weather in Texas? Who knew?

He knew because he had top men like William Happer advising him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3C93ZWCmvM

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Personally I don't think that his influence and/or actions would have made much difference.

I would have made all the difference in the world, they would have had enough stored energy to get through it...

Just now, Blupanther said:

He knew because he had top men like William Happer advising him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3C93ZWCmvM

It's winter.

It gets cold.

Not necessarily in Texas like this, but it happens.

People have to be prepared.

Guess what? It's below freezing where I am - has been for most of the last two weeks. We have several inches of snow on the ground. We are carrying on as normal.

China Joe still doing his best to help the poor in one of the coldest periods in recent history...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I would have made all the difference in the world, they would have had enough stored energy to get through it...

Reed Blakemore

The crisis in Texas and the broader US Southwest is an unfortunate case of one event hitting multiple points of weakness at the same time and overwhelming the power system entirely. Texas’ electrical grid is designed to handle high demand load during the hot summer months when air conditioning is the main source of demand, and this cold weather-driven demand spike caught the system during seasonal maintenance. Meanwhile, even though frozen wind turbines are grabbing headlines, coal, nuclear, and natural gas output (all of which supply more input for the grid in the winter than wind or solar) are also underperforming due to the severity of the freeze, making the current crisis less an issue of one energy source’s reliability over another. As a result, whether this event is a one-off or a symptom of continued extreme weather patterns occurring as a result of climate change, the lesson here is one similar to what California experienced during last year’s wildfires: regardless of energy source, electrification of the energy system must take place in tandem with grid modernization. This includes effective management of a mix of energy inputs into the grid as well resilience planning so that transmission and storage can absorb unexpected spikes in demand. Debating which energy source is at fault in this case is a distraction.  

Reed Blakemore is the Deputy Director at the Atlantic Council Global Energy Center.

E.W. Stetson III

Texas has a history of generator failure during cold weather events. In 2011, over 8,000 MW were tripped due to frozen instrumentation, with over 1,000 MW tripped in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018. The problem of adequate weatherization is one that should be addressed explicitly through specific generator requirements and penalties for failure to perform. Yet, the regulatory response has been to rely on the market to increase prices during a crisis. This emphasis on markets seems to build on inadequate attention to planning and preparation for cold weather events. Planning documents, such as ERCOT’s 2020 Long-Term System Assessment for the ERCOT Region (December 2020), look only at the weather’s impact on customer demand, and not how to provide service during extreme weather scenarios. It is time to move away from the view that markets solve all ills in the electricity sector. The Texas situation demonstrates the inadequacy of electricity markets to resolve the many issues that accompany changing climate conditions and resources. Raising prices in the middle of a crisis for power plants that are already operating is not the answer. The answer is evaluating the requirements to maintain resource adequacy prior to a crisis, in this case winterizing generating units and preparing to meet those challenges through investments and regulation. 

E.W. Steston III is a Nonresident Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council Global Energy Center

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

China Joe still doing his best to help the poor in one of the coldest periods in recent history...

You really don't have a clue, do you? We've already debunked your ridiculous claims...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chunky said:

If Blu claims it is, it MUST be true... 

Oh yes, I completely forgot!!!!

1 hour ago, chunky said:

It's winter.

It gets cold.

Not necessarily in Texas like this, but it happens.

People have to be prepared.

Guess what? It's below freezing where I am - has been for most of the last two weeks. We have several inches of snow on the ground. We are carrying on as normal.

Minus 22 C this morning when I got up.....no problem at all!!!!!

9 minutes ago, andout said:

Minus 22 C this morning when I got up.....

Biden's fault! :rofl:

• Haha 3