2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

Calendar for next season:

19 May - Qualifying Round 1 - Zarnovica - Slovakia

19 May - Qualifying Round 2 - Slangerup - Denmark

19 May - Qualifying Round 3 - Lonigo - Italy

21 May - Qualifying Round 4 - Abensberg - Germany

28 July - Challenge - Landshut - Germany

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Pretty damn difficult for any rider to qualify via semifinals. Havent seen the allocations yet, but would expect 4 from each and only 1 from any one of them if Smoli dont qualify by right. No idea about other wild cards for the challenge.

I guess it is a sign of the times that there are not sufficient venues prepared to meet the costs of staging semi-final qualifiers, which leaves us with qualifiers straight through to the GP Challenge. At best it will be three-four riders from each qualifier to the GP Challenge.

Hopefully there will be no more than one wildcard in the GP Challenge, although I would personally prefer none; especially if it allows a rider who has been already eliminated a back door route to the Challenge.

When will the allocation to each federation be released? :)

Today.

ACU got three slots: 2 in Slangerup and 1 in Abensberg.

Second season in a row it's a joke. The same number as Slovenia, Latvia and Russia. They are aware that last season an ACU rider actually qualifier right? Surely that should give you an extra place (I'm aware a Russia did too but he as a wildcard)

How do Italy and the Czechs get more places than us? And the Swede and Danes tbh, we have more GP riders as Sweden and Denmark combined!

Second season in a row it's a joke. The same number as Slovenia, Latvia and Russia. They are aware that last season an ACU rider actually qualifier right? Surely that should give you an extra place (I'm aware a Russia did too but he as a wildcard)

How do Italy and the Czechs get more places than us? And the Swede and Danes tbh, we have more GP riders as Sweden and Denmark combined!

Probably money talks

You are right but realistically how many do we really need for riders who might qualify for a GP series. Can't think of one rider who would qualify or enhance the GP series..

To be fair the allocations are largely in line with what you might expect them to be. The odd FMN's have more places than perhaps they deserve such as the Swedes with six, the Czechs with five, Italy with four and Slovenia with three.

As other posters have pointed out on similar threads, you are more likely to get a greater allocation if you are prepared to host qualifiers (GPs, World Under 21's etc).

With the current standing of British Speedway, I don't think we can really expect more than four, so three places is slightly below expectations.

I was wondering if Slovenia now have more than three active riders, as rider numbers dropped off considerably there?

No doubt Castagna also helps the Italians get their extra places, even though they have no riders of their own of any conceivable standard (not counting Covatti who is really Argentinian).

• Like 1

You are right but realistically how many do we really need for riders who might qualify for a GP series. Can't think of one rider who would qualify or enhance the GP series..

I can name a dozen ahead of anything Italy, Slovenia or Latvia have. And just who do the Aussie have to justify one more than us? And then Sweden, they're in a worse state than us at present, do they honestly have twice as manyr ider worthy of a place as us?

Last year we didnt have enough places, this year we don't have enough places.

Who are the Russia 3? Maybe Laguta will do them but the other 2? I can name numerous Brits better than anything else they have.

FFS France have the same number as us. Who do they have? Bellego and...... while Italy have Covatti and nobody else but still have 4 places.

Agree with SCB. Apart from the Poles and arguably the Danes and aussies, GB deserves as many or more than any other country. Lambert cook Harris all have the potential to qualify, but the likes of worrall surely deserve a crack more than a 5th Czech rider

• Like 2

I can name a dozen ahead of anything Italy, Slovenia or Latvia have. And just who do the Aussie have to justify one more than us? And then Sweden, they're in a worse state than us at present, do they honestly have twice as manyr ider worthy of a place as us?

Last year we didnt have enough places, this year we don't have enough places.

Who are the Russia 3? Maybe Laguta will do them but the other 2? I can name numerous Brits better than anything else they have.

FFS France have the same number as us. Who do they have? Bellego and...... while Italy have Covatti and nobody else but still have 4 places.

I think you are either being too positive or exaggerating the quality of what riders we have in this country. For instance, if you can name a dozen British riders better than either Zagar (Slovenia) or Lebedevs (Latvia) you are doing well.