British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

Assuming three go through then in the interests of variety it would be nice to see three of Milik, Lambert, Holder and Fricke qualify. Lots of old hat in there who wouldn't really add much to the series.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Assuming three go through then in the interests of variety it would be nice to see three of Milik, Lambert, Holder and Fricke qualify. Lots of old hat in there who wouldn't really add much to the series.

Looking at the line-up, Lambert is more than capable for top 3.

It may be a step to far for GP's in 2019 but he'd certainly learn a hell of a lot more from that experience. Far more than not being in it.

I certainly hope he get through 

• Like 2

Agree I think with Cookie unfortunately the experience this year might actually damage he's career but Lambert would learn a lot like Tai did in his first year

3 minutes ago, bruno said:

Agree I think with Cookie unfortunately the experience this year might actually damage he's career but Lambert would learn a lot like Tai did in his first year

I don't think Cook's career is damaged, he'll just know and understand his level.

Premiership & Championship in the UK with 2nd or 3rd tier in Poland. Make as much money as possible out of that.

I think Cook should try and get a gig in Germany too, don't think Sweden & Denmark will entertain him.

Is it just me that thinks the three best riders to go through to next years GP series are Piotr Pawlicki, Vaclav Milik and Robert Lambert who all happen to be nominated wild cards. 

Which gets me thinking why do they bother with qualifiers to get here and do initial qualifiers during the season upto the semi final stage (2 meetings) where the qualifiers meet up with ten nominated riders like Pawlicki, Hampel etc and then the top six from each go to the final to meet up with one wild card and the riders finishing 9-11 in the GP series. 

Seems a a bit crazy sending riders like Kai Huckenbeck, Ricky Wells to places like Latvia to face the likes of Hampel, Zagar etc so let them go there with a chance of getting to the semi finals which opens it up a lot more for qualifying

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, Bagpuss said:

3 of those are fine by me but as for the 4th - anyone but Holder!! 

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

3 of those are fine by me but as for the 4th - anyone but Holder!! 

I'd much rather Jack in and his brother bombed out. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 8:26 AM, DutchGrasstrack said:

Lineup:

1 Vaclav Milik
2 Antonio Lindback
3 Robert Lambert
4 Niels Kristian Iversen
5 Martin Smolinski
6 David Bellego
7 Kenneth Bjerre
8 Craig Cook
9 Krzysztof Kasprzak
10 Hans Andersen
11 Piotr Pawlicki
12 Max Fricke
13 Kevin Wolbert
14 Janusz Kołodziej
15 Matej Zagar
16 Jack Holder

17 Valentin Grobauer
18 Max Dilger

If Zagar is top 8 in the GP series I would like Lambert, Iversen and Milik.     Kolodiej is exciting to watch, be a good 1st reserve.     That will not be the resulst as Lambert will not qualify.   Might need another year ?    He would be a good 1st/2nd reserve.    Do a couple of GP's to bed him in and give experience.

Edited by Mark

On 6/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, INCOGNITO said:

Seems a a bit crazy sending riders like Kai Huckenbeck, Ricky Wells to places like Latvia to face the likes of Hampel, Zagar etc so let them go there with a chance of getting to the semi finals which opens it up a lot more for qualifying

Have to agree. I know its their choice but does seem tremendously unfair. 

Sadly i think it will only be live updates from Landshut on Saturday. Almost certainly FIM TV will be in attendance and a hour programme will be put together and sold to someone like motors TV for later showing as well as appearing as a video at some stage.

practice is on Saturday at 3.30pm local

meeting starts 6.30pm UK time

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Cookie back in the Mix for this one now. Very intersting to see who makes it through 

Hopefully we will have a competent referee at Landshut as opposed to the idiot that was at Cardiff

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Hopefully we will have a competent referee at Landshut as opposed to the idiot that was at Cardiff

Christina Turnbull- she was ok at Gustrow 

Interesting what thoughts are for bringing new blood into the GPs.  Milik, Lambert, Holder (presume meaning Jack).

Milik is mature enough to be doing it by qualification, I hope he does it some day.  Lebedevs not mentioned recently, but he another like Milik.  Both need consistency.

Lambert and J Holder, Fricke - Lambert probably best shot of those three in the short term, he going well. But what about his peers - Drabik and Smektala…. they going better in the under 21 world championship again. 

I seriously think now Nicky has had his day, and so has NKI, Andreas J, ….. I think Martin Vaculik will disappear after this year (wont qualify but will take couple more years out), with so much Polish competition what becomes of the two Pawlicki's, Piotr had 2 years and the other not setting the world on fire at the top level. Greg - he will do 2019 and maybe that will be his day, maybe that depends on what he does this year in the championship. He will still get good money in Poland and Sweden for a few more years.

Generally, the Danes are struggling at top level, also the Swedes, Poles still ruling but a lot of potential coming through on the British scene, pity we will loose them to continental clubs due to the state of British league racing.