British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

So 2 that haved showed a lot of promise in the past but not fulfilled, plus Jan Kolodgei (?) whose is knocking on now and had a go a good few years ago didn't he.

The only way for Cookie is either top 8 in GP, no top 8 but do well enough to get near to top 8, or one of the top 3 tonight drop out for whatever reason.

If Robert form continues he could well get a wild card...…..but there is competition, but his saving there is I don't think there will be more then 4 Poles in the GPs, assuming one drops out of top 8 and J Kolodjei takes no 4.

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Gate 1 -39pts

Gate 2 -38pts

Gate 3 -18pts

Gate 4 =25pts

Not very good if you had gate 3 to many times.Unlucky Lambert hopefully you will get the wildcard.

I can't see Cook and Lambert both getting wildcards. Doubtful Iversen will finish top 8 so Cook needs the wildcard, assuming he doesn't finish top 8 either.

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Quite possibly the worst challenge result for many a year. None of them have or will add much to the GPs.

Maybe yes maybe no, but there is no denying that all three have done what was asked of them so they deserve to be in the SGP series next year.

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Qualified on merit as per rules.

Donald Trump was voted in as per the rules, doesn't mean he isn't a tw4t.

1 minute ago, screm said:

Maybe yes maybe no, but there is no denying that all three have done what was asked of them so they deserve to be in the SGP series next year.

Worst result for years...that's questionable 

But I will go along with you...the top three deserved to be in next year SGP. They proved tonight on the track.

2 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

I can't see Cook and Lambert both getting wildcards. Doubtful Iversen will finish top 8 so Cook needs the wildcard, assuming he doesn't finish top 8 either.

Good bet that, considering he's not in this years series  :D

5 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

Iversen isn't in the Gp's:blink:

1 minute ago, BluPanther said:

Good bet that, considering he's not in this years series  :D

Another one who's just beat me to it:D

1 minute ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Worst result for years...that's questionable 

But I will go along with you...the top three deserved to be in next year SGP. They proved tonight on the track.

As I've said many times in the past, I don't like a one off qualifying meeting to get into the series... luck of gates, or just a track a rider likes can make a big difference. 

Still, that's what we have and the top 3 deserve their places based on these rules. 

3 minutes ago, HenryW said:

As I've said many times in the past, I don't like a one off qualifying meeting to get into the series... luck of gates, or just a track a rider likes can make a big difference. 

Still, that's what we have and the top 3 deserve their places based on these rules. 

SGP challenge is  not A ONE OFF qualifiyng meeting. There were FOUR others before that.

• Like 1

At least Cook had one season of the GP's and raced one or two meetings in Poland. Back to full time doubling up next season with Bell Vue and mega money at Glasgow, sure that will be enough for him.

Is Lambert more worthy of a wild card thsn the riders currently sitting 9-12 in the gp? Would love to see him in the series, but surely they all have a stronger claim. Maybe he gets in ahead of Zagar?

The three riders through today may not be overly inspiring, but all capable of being competitive next year.

With tonigh't result and current GP-standnings i think BSI will pick Doyle+C. Holder+Lambert+? for wild cards.

6 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

SGP challenge is  not A ONE OFF qualifiyng meeting. There were FOUR others before that.

It is a one off-final event. Riders do one qualifier then there is the single final . Points does not carry over from the qualifier.
There are no multiple qualification and/or  semi-rounds. One dodgy exclusion or two could determine the outcome
of the entire GP-challenge.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2