British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

Would like to think Dan Bewley would be in GPS in 2020

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Cookie does engage a lot on Twitter with fans. Has got caught with the Glasgow publicity gig too. Perhaps needs to keep his powder dry a bit. Not techy at all but he has changed his set up a lot.

Cookie does engage a lot on Twitter with fans. Has got caught with the Glasgow publicity gig too. Perhaps needs to keep his powder dry a bit. Not techy at all but he has changed his set up a lot.

If you look back the last few seasons he has always blamed his tuners for his engines.Now Johns is the best for a few weeks.Perhaps he is overthinking it and just confusing himself.Personaly don't think he is good enough but admire his ambitions.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

If you look back the last few seasons he has always blamed his tuners for his engines.Now Johns is the best for a few weeks.Perhaps he is overthinking it and just confusing himself.Personaly don't think he is good enough but admire his ambitions.

Heard Dan using Cookie’s engines abroad.

Gutted for Cookie tonight. Whether you like him or not, the way he has tried to involve his supporters in his Grand Prix journey should be admired hugely. Really hope Cookie can bang in at least two semis in the last five GP's to give himself a chance of a wildcard. I think he'll struggle to do it but you never know. Either way, he qualified by right last year and has got so close to pulling it off again, hopefully that will be recognised.

• Like 2

Starting from the favorable inside gate position Cook was even leading the run-off against Lindback, but the Swede passed him on the second lap. It was one of only about a handful of passing manoveres on a gate-and-go track were most of the races were settled after the first corner.  

The white gate was the worst, and Lambert was unlucky to have white in his first and third heats.

Max Fricke was unlucky tonight, with his engine failure in his last ride. Until then he had 8 points from two heat wins and one second place (behind Iversen), but also a non score when he started from white.

Unfortunately, the racing tonight did nothing to excite the crowd.  

i'm hoping BOTH Cook & Lambert get permanent wildcards for next year, both deserving i think.

Robert is on a mission at the moment, totally on fire wherever he rides, and Cook going so close to qualifying automatically will help him. Cook has invested so much into the series this year it would be a shame to not get the chance to build on that next year with the experience of a year in the series behind him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

zero chance

57 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i'm hoping BOTH Cook & Lambert get permanent wildcards for next year, both deserving i think.

Robert is on a mission at the moment, totally on fire wherever he rides, and Cook going so close to qualifying automatically will help him. Cook has invested so much into the series this year it would be a shame to not get the chance to build on that next year with the experience of a year in the series behind him.

Cook is 1st reserve.     Has any 1st reserve got a WC before ?      Maybe a few good GP's in the last 5 will get him to 9th or 10th which should see a WC.       Lambert is very promising but is 20 years old.    Maybe one more year before a GP series would be best.

3 hours ago, Sotonian said:

Yes, BSI must be wincing at that result.

What rider who didn't qualify would have given more to the 2019 series.  

4 hours ago, eric i said:

With Cookie missing out, I think Lambet will get a wildcard.

Slim chance.  I'm a supporter and think he will do very well but why rush.  His scoring in the World Cup wasn't great.

53 minutes ago, Mark said:

Cook is 1st reserve.     Has any 1st reserve got a WC before ?      Maybe a few good GP's in the last 5 will get him to 9th or 10th which should see a WC.       Lambert is very promising but is 20 years old.    Maybe one more year before a GP series would be best.

I thought BSI chose the series reserves? No chance Cook will finish top 10. If there is a brit wc it will be Lambert.

4 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

I thought BSI chose the series reserves? No chance Cook will finish top 10. If there is a brit wc it will be Lambert.

Yeah, reserves are picked since a few years back,

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

Shame Lambert had to have crappy gate 3 twice.One more favourable gate off 1 or 2 and i think he would have qualified

If's and Maybe 's  will always exist,  whatever the meeting.   Sure it was a tough draw, but  I'm sure there are other reasons why Robert didn't qualify.   When you look at the quality of some of the riders who didn't succeed, you realise just how difficult it was.  Probably this was the right result, that will give him  another year to progress to the standard of  the top level.   He has made  a massive step up this year to a level where he's capable of beating any rider,    helped by his gating, that  is now on a par with those other top riders.  Being top of the British averages illustrates the progress he has made.  

Being thrown into the deep end at such a young age  can be very daunting,    Nobody likes to be shown up by a young upstart, so his presence would have added a new dimension to the SGP's. that he has yet to experience.   No doubt he is disappointed,  being so close yet so far to those qualifications,  but he now has another year to consolidate his form  and when next year comes he wont be worried what gates he has,. having been there before,  he will rise above any deficiencies like all top riders do, and rightly qualify......       

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Endeavour said:

2020 is much too soon for that to come about. More like 2022. if he gets a Cardiff wild card before that he will have deserved it, but a full season of GPs...…. just a few years more.

• Like 1