British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

Terrible result for the SGPs (and no better if Cook had beaten Lindback) meeting was  full of riders either past there best (Iversen, Janus, Lindback) not good enough (Cook, Smolinkski) and not quite ready yet (Lambert)... only two riders from this meeting who would of made any sort of impression in next years SGP were Zagar and Pawlicki... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Heard Dan using Cookie’s engines abroad.

Nope, it's his own engine/frame etc. He just uses a seat from cook

Kolodjei age 34, Linback 33, NKI 36.   4th was Cookie at 31.    Show experience counts.   Not saying those 3 are about to set the GPs on fire, though any of them could on their day, but it shows we perhaps shouldn't push the young ones too hard too soon. 

• Like 1

Nice to see Janusz qualify. Has he been a GP rider before? I'm not sure he has. He was so good a few years back.

It would have been nice to see someone like Lambert qualify and get some young blood in. Perhaps this is a sign that rider quality has stagnated a bit. Three riders who were probably better about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Terrible result for the SGPs (and no better if Cook had beaten Lindback) meeting was  full of riders either past there best (Iversen, Janus, Lindback) not good enough (Cook, Smolinkski) and not quite ready yet (Lambert)... only two riders from this meeting who would of made any sort of impression in next years SGP were Zagar and Pawlicki... 

I struggle to understand this kind of thinking as all of NKI Lindback and Kolodjei deserve to be in next years SGP as they have all done what was asked of them in the qualification rounds.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, screm said:

I struggle to understand this kind of thinking as all of NKI Lindback and Kolodjei deserve to be in next years SGP as they have all done what was asked of them in the qualification rounds.

They have doesnt mean there going to make the series any better though... there hardly inspiring qualifiers or riders you would be desperate to watch  

• Like 1

When Kolodziej was in the GP before, think it was the first one of the season when he flew over the backstraight fence at Leszno and was fighting his way back pretty much all season after that...

Like someone said, you qualify and thats it, Congratulations.

still, if the track was rubbish with no passing, evertyhing is not well. And Milik didnt qualify, thats a bummer.

14 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

...  One dodgy exclusion or two could determine the outcome
of the entire GP-challenge.

As you might have guessed I am not a SGP fan...it's boring...too many rounds...the same riders year after year.

The one off world final was a perfect provider of excitement lasting for a year. i wish it could be revived.

• Like 1

Let's face it, none of the riders in the final yesterday are likely to trouble the likes of Tai, Magic, Emil, Freddie or Bartosz very much next year, which is why they are in the qualifiers and not the GP. So we are really only looking for riders who might just make the top eight and all of those who qualified might just make that. But they have all qualified properly and the only way to overcome the "problem" would be to do away with the qualifiers altogether, which I guess not many here would agree with as we would then have to rely on picks, and who would be picked in their place? Again I can't see many riders outside the top 8 likely to challenge the top 5 or 6 at the moment.

The alternative really is to encourage younger riders in order to give them the experience. Maybe bring back the automatic qualification for the Under 21 Champion? And/or reserve a couple of places for under 25s?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

2011 in the GP's Kolodjei scored 50 and come 14th, Artum Laguta was 15th with 28.

do you keep misspelling his last name on purpose or what's that about?

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

What's your answer to this outcome ?     The series is there for a reason.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mark said:

What's your answer to this outcome ?     The series is there for a reason.

Personally id go top 10.... and 5 picks 1 of which is offered to the World U21 but i know alot will hate that idea... more often than not 9 and 10 get wildcards anyway and then 5 places would allow both injury and fresh blood 

14 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Personally id go top 10.... and 5 picks 1 of which is offered to the World U21 but i know alot will hate that idea... more often than not 9 and 10 get wildcards anyway and then 5 places would allow both injury and fresh blood 

I don't like that.   RIders should be allowed to qualify under there own steam.   Not rely on picks which are open to all sorts of bad stuff.